[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (21 Viewers)

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
Everything could happen at Delle Alpi, we could qualify by 3-0 , we could score 2 and play an extra time and also we could win by penalties.

i have no doubt even without camo & Vieira that we could play much better than england's match and we could perform a smooth performance .

All i care that we don't need to be hurry for scoring and try to focus on the counter attack.

i do feel optimist about this match and i do know that there is nothing call impossible in the Bianconeri's Dictionary !

Go Juve we are all behind you

Forza Bianconeri

Mar 11, 2006
Reading some of your post's I can see renewed optimism.

This is primarily because you have recovered from the hangover,visualising victory and you have nothing to lose. On the Arsenal board lots of people are still visualising defeat! - This is because we could throw it away. Completely natural. Some facts I would like to address.

1. Playing on a bigger pitch does NOT hinder our play. If anything it gives space for the likes of hleb, henry, jose antonio reyes space to run in. If you have any doubt just ask your old friends the nerazzuri what we did to them. (One thing we incorporated into our new 60,000 seater ground.)

2. It makes me glad that apparently, Wenger and Henry are going to keep the tempo down so we don't get silly. The tie is at half time but we are now in a less pressurable half because of the away goal rule.

3. You mention teams coming back but it is not all superstition etc. It does in general come down to the way you play. A lot of teams have come back but most don't. I have seen Chelsea lose 3-1 in monaco... Go 2 up in the return leg to put them ahead on away goals... and then throw it away by conceding twice.

4. The tie is FAR from over.

5. If we score you would have to have scored 4 on the night to have won.

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
Henry 203 Gols. said:
Reading some of your post's I can see renewed optimism.

This is primarily because you have recovered from the hangover,visualising victory and you have nothing to lose. On the Arsenal board lots of people are still visualising defeat! - This is because we could throw it away. Completely natural. Some facts I would like to address.

1. Playing on a bigger pitch does NOT hinder our play. If anything it gives space for the likes of hleb, henry, jose antonio reyes space to run in. If you have any doubt just ask your old friends the nerazzuri what we did to them. (One thing we incorporated into our new 60,000 seater ground.)

2. It makes me glad that apparently, Wenger and Henry are going to keep the tempo down so we don't get silly. The tie is at half time but we are now in a less pressurable half because of the away goal rule.

3. You mention teams coming back but it is not all superstition etc. It does in general come down to the way you play. A lot of teams have come back but most don't. I have seen Chelsea lose 3-1 in monaco... Go 2 up in the return leg to put them ahead on away goals... and then throw it away by conceding twice.

4. The tie is FAR from over.

5. If we score you would have to have scored 4 on the night to have won.

OK right what you said.But if you were in our position and your team had lost 2-0 in first leg what you would said ? Game over?We are juve and always battle for vicrory!!!!!!!

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
Stephan said:
if we win this one and go to next round its probably gona be our best performance in europe, but it looks like henry will celebrate in turin. like gerrard last season. :cry:

not really we could score by a penalty and a head from a corner but it won't be our best performance .

We still away from the real strong personality of juve.

what we have done in seria A so far does not really show who is juve in Europe ?

that's not juve at all in highbury :)

Mar 31, 2006
Everyone needs to stop blaming Capello.

He is the best manager in the world. He bought to Juve the best defender in the world and he took Juve from third to first in the space of a season. I bet Del Piero loves being kept on his feet by Fabio deep down. He has been rejuvinated under him. Obviously Juve were crap on Tuesday but they were outclassed, the tactics worked fine against every other team this season, it was just a matter of meeting Arsenal at their unstoppable best.

Fine, get rid of Capello. But who do you want to replace him?

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
Get_to_bed_Chaz said:

He is the best manager in the world. He bought to Juve the best defender in the world and he took Juve from third to first in the space of a season. I bet Del Piero loves being kept on his feet by Fabio deep down. He has been rejuvinated under him. Obviously Juve were crap on Tuesday but they were outclassed, the tactics worked fine against every other team this season, it was just a matter of meeting Arsenal at their unstoppable best.

i agree that heis one of the best managers in the world.
his tactics are very good in the serie a matches ,since his arrival we were and still first in the serie a.
but its also obvious that this is not working in europe.u say we were crap tuesday and against bayern we werent crap and against werder we werent crap?and against liverpool we werent?
no in europe there is something that doesnt work,and i think he must change his tactics.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Get_to_bed_Chaz said:

Rafa is better.

Mar 31, 2006
Mark my words, Rafa is in at Liverpool for the LONG haul. If you lose Capello, you are destined to get Sven. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but he has never won the Champions League, and Capello has. I think it is a problem with the Juve mentality in general, Juventus do not seem to be able to play against English teams. It is not just Capello's fault either, when was the last time Juve properly knocked out an English team in the knockout stages? It has been the same under Lippi and Ancelotti, Juve have underachieved for Europe for a long time, not just these last two years under Capello.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Get_to_bed_Chaz said:
Mark my words, Rafa is in at Liverpool for the LONG haul. If you lose Capello, you are destined to get Sven. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but he has never won the Champions League, and Capello has. I think it is a problem with the Juve mentality in general, Juventus do not seem to be able to play against English teams. It is not just Capello's fault either, when was the last time Juve properly knocked out an English team in the knockout stages? It has been the same under Lippi and Ancelotti, Juve have underachieved for Europe for a long time, not just these last two years under Capello.
Hells yeah bruvva. I know we Liverpudians have struck gold with Rafa. But for Juve, Hiddink would be key, though he will probably go to Man U.

Mar 31, 2006
LOL I didnt notice your Gerrard avatar. Hiddink would be good but he said he had made a decision about where he would be next season which he will say at the end of the month, and given that there are no plans to scrape Capello yet, I am guessing he has made plans elsewhere. Hiddink or Rafa didn't achieve much in Europe this year though did they, Capello outlasted them both!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Get_to_bed_Chaz said:

No offense, however you're giving too much credit to two separate entities in your post.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jem83 said:
@ denco

I've actually read the whole post now and I think you're way too critical of Capello in labeling him a terrible coach.
I agree: It was a terrible match by the tactician, who didn't exactly live up to that title at all on Tuesday night, but we're winning the Scudetto, aren't we?

You can never be too sure, of course, but it will be a likely outcome this season, and winning the Italian championship is something I value very much.
So Forza Capello and Juve, you will get my unlimited support for the return leg, in which you have a great opportunity to make up for game 1.
There is quite a difference between beating the average sides in Serie A and progressing through to the latter stages of the Champions League. Capello is a great coach if he obtains the players he wants and faces sides such as Empoli and Udinese week in week out, however he is indeed a terrible coach in the Champions League, and his record confirms that.

Mar 31, 2006
Yeah but like I say, I believe Juventus have for a long time struggled to compete against English teams, not just in the past two years under Capello. Apart from the year of the drug-taking, Lippi had some very lean years in Europe, yet he reserves hero status. I believe that it reflects far greater on a team to win their domestic league than it does to win in Europe, after all, not many people hold the belief that Liverpool are better than Chelsea. Capello has achieved a lot in a relatively short amount of time, and maybe next year the Champions League will go his way. You can blame the tactics as much as you like, but they have worked in most European matches this year and last, and on Tuesday he was very limited on who he could select, and was basically forced to choose the team and formation he did. Regardless, Juve were lacklustre in terms of individual performances, and not just the tactical display, and having two players sent off is an absolute disgrace. Juve lost their cool, not Capello. Capello showed faith in the players he brought out and they humiliated him, not vice versa.

EDIT: His record does not prove him to be awful in Europe. He has won the competition before and everybody seems to be forgetting Juve were nothing in Europe in the few years before Capello arrived, and at least they are safe in the last eight, which is not great progress, but it is not a step back at least, unlike what people try to make out

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Get_to_bed_Chaz said:
Yeah but like I say, I believe Juventus have for a long time struggled to compete against English teams, not just in the past two years under Capello.
So you are saying it has nothing to do with the manager?

Apart from the year of the drug-taking
Care to show any evidence? Show it also to the prosecuter in Turin.

Mar 31, 2006
Well, I agree the manager has to take some stick for the mentality of the performance, but he is not the first and Lippi never got this much stick when his Juve gave lacklustre, negative performances in Europe and domestically. You have to accept that teams are going to have bad days, yes this one was a very bad day, but why should Capello have to account for the fact that the only two strikers he could have played, Ibra and Trezeguet, didnt even get into the match? Why should he account for the fact Vieira was fazed by the occasion? The players let him down. Yes, maybe Juve should play more attacking in Europe, but then again I am sure Capello knows that it is defensive teams who win the Champions League. Juve have been playing like this for as long as I remember, but just because it is an ex-Roma, Milan and Real manager, you refuse to cut him some slack, and hate on him without backing it up.

Besides from playing Chiellini ahead of Zebina, which I would have done, what other changes would you have made tht would make a real difference?

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Get_to_bed_Chaz said:
Besides from playing Chiellini ahead of Zebina, which I would have done, what other changes would you have made tht would make a real difference?
1-Played Mutu in his REAL position.
2-Would have some courage to play some attacking football and not substitute an attacker for an attacker.
3-Wouldn't substitute Mutu for Chiellini
4-And if i didn't have the balls to play with 3 attackers, I would've pulled out zlatan for zalayeta.
5-I wouldn't play zebina in the first place, either use balza/chiellini and push zambro to the right....or play Kovac in the middle and put thuram on the right.

just to name a few...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)