CL: Juventus - Olympiakos (1 Viewer)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Confirmed Lineup : (Football Italia)

Chimenti; Birindelli, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto; Zalayeta, Conte, Tudor, Maresca; Trezeguet, Miccoli.

:confused::eek:

God help us...

Miccoli and Trezeguet up front may be good though. the rest of the lineup sucks.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I dont understand this, why does Lippi never just field the full squad they hardly ever play together. The players dont understand each other as much as last year and they arent gonna unless they play together consistantly.
When we get to the next round it will be very difficult and its not as if the players need the rest (lippi feels as if they do after every ****en game they play! ). the likes of man u, madrid and milan are always playing thier full teams.

this is pathetic managing .

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
You're only mentioning the negative sides of that tactic ;)

Positive sides:

- Players are always fresh
- Less chances of injuries
- All players feel important and part of the first team
- If a first team player gets injured, his absence will be easily subsituted

Imagine if Real lose Zidane or Ronaldo, or MU lose RvN, or Milan lose Shevcenko. Do they really have adequate substitutes for those players? No they don't, they would lose a lot of quality.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
So would we if we lost nedved, buffon, thuram etc. theres no way getting out of that. i think that lippi should start fielding a regular team so that they begin to understand each other. We would become more compact and our plays would go smoothly. Either way, if we loose one our key players we will loose quality...

twinkle

Oct 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
Confirmed Lineup : (Football Italia)

Chimenti; Birindelli, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto; Zalayeta, Conte, Tudor, Maresca; Trezeguet, Miccoli.

:confused::eek:
oh no :(
come on lippi... juve have to win tonight, to raise the spirit against parma

Go juve !!

Aug 1, 2003
I like the squad lippi's prepared for this match ;) Is Zala playing as winger again ? :dazed:

I hope those who'll be watching the match or anything will be oh so kind to give their live comments here tonight :angel:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
I dont understand this, why does Lippi never just field the full squad they hardly ever play together. The players dont understand each other as much as last year and they arent gonna unless they play together consistantly.
When we get to the next round it will be very difficult and its not as if the players need the rest (lippi feels as if they do after every ****en game they play! ). the likes of man u, madrid and milan are always playing thier full teams.

this is pathetic managing .
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
You're only mentioning the negative sides of that tactic ;)

Positive sides:

- Players are always fresh
- Less chances of injuries
- All players feel important and part of the first team
- If a first team player gets injured, his absence will be easily subsituted

Imagine if Real lose Zidane or Ronaldo, or MU lose RvN, or Milan lose Shevcenko. Do they really have adequate substitutes for those players? No they don't, they would lose a lot of quality.
you're both right.. However
I think what lippi should do is play with his best squad in big & important matches.. give a chance to some 2nd team players in easy matches.. in that way we have the advantages of both tactics..

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Stupid Lippi, this line up can never win the game, I don't understand why is Lippi doing this to us. Other teams give you players the chance to play and make some experience but in this lineup:
Chimenti; Birindelli, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto; Zalayeta, Conte, Tudor, Maresca; Trezeguet, Miccoli
I don't see any young player.
I hope this game is the last game for Lippi, I am getting sick of him

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

Chimenti; Birindelli, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto; Zalayeta, Conte, Tudor, Maresca; Trezeguet, Miccoli
I don't see any young player.

:confused:

Miccoli, Maresa, Zalayeta,...

hell even Trezeguet and Tudor are young...

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think Zalayeta played well in the right wing against Siena (Coppa) as he set-up Benjamin's goal .. I'd say he's much more useful there than upfront, where Miccoli would be a constant headache for the Greeks ..

As for Conte, I also think he (unexpectedly) played well whenever given a chance, we can't blame Conte just because he's old .. JuveBoy, I agree Birindelli and Pessotto were terrible, but Conte wasn't ..

Besides, we don't know who - from the 26 Juve squad players - is on top form, only Lippi knows from the daily training sessions .. so he's in the best position to chose the right players at the right time ..

I also think Chimenti played well against Siena, but I'm sure he will anyway get critisized here and would be blamed for every goal he lets in whereas with Buffon, no it's the defence's fault :D

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
well the defense, the defense....! but with maresca and zalayeta in the midfield, good choice! they played both very well against galatasaray!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)