[CL] Juventus - M. Tel Aviv (44 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Consider us lucky that ESPN 2 are showing ANY CL games !!!!!
Well thats true. But at least a few years ago they would show a game on each match day, not just every other one like now.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
from: http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/calcio/200440/cmc_73051.html

Pavel Nedved, David Trezeguet and Fabio Cannavaro, are injured. Fabio Capello is introuble for this match against Maccabi.
Juve will play Ruben Olivera on the CL to support the two forwards Alessandro Del Piero and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Possible lineup:

JUVENTUS (4-4-2) - 1 Buffon; 27 Zebina, 21 Thuram, 13 Iuliano, 19 Zambrotta; 16 Camoranesi, 20 Blasi, 11 Emerson, 24 Olivera; 9 Ibrahimovic, 10 Del Piero
tariner: Fabio Capello

MACCABI TEL-AVIV (4-5-1) - 1 Strauber; 3 Abo Siam, 23 Giovanini, 2 Strool, 17 Pantsil; 5 Mishaelof, 7 Reis, 15 L. Cohen, 19 T. Cohen, 11 Mesika; 18 Addo
trainer: Nir Klinger

referee: Alain Hamer (Lussemburgo).

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++
from: http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/calcio/200440/cmc_73051.html

Pavel Nedved, David Trezeguet and Fabio Cannavaro, are injured. Fabio Capello is introuble for this match against Maccabi.
Juve will play Ruben Olivera on the CL to support the two forwards Alessandro Del Piero and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Possible lineup:

JUVENTUS (4-4-2) - 1 Buffon; 27 Zebina, 21 Thuram, 13 Iuliano, 19 Zambrotta; 16 Camoranesi, 20 Blasi, 11 Emerson, 24 Olivera; 9 Ibrahimovic, 10 Del Piero
tariner: Fabio Capello

MACCABI TEL-AVIV (4-5-1) - 1 Strauber; 3 Abo Siam, 23 Giovanini, 2 Strool, 17 Pantsil; 5 Mishaelof, 7 Reis, 15 L. Cohen, 19 T. Cohen, 11 Mesika; 18 Addo
trainer: Nir Klinger

referee: Alain Hamer (Lussemburgo).
but i heard they were still put thru and are okay:S

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #109
    Trio in doubt for Juventus
    Monday 27 September, 2004

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has three major injury concerns for Tuesday’s Champions’ League test.

"Nothing has been decided as far as the line-up is concerned, I’ll make a final decision tomorrow," said the tactician.

The Bianconeri face Maccabi Tel Aviv at the Delle Alpi but Fabio Cannavaro, Pavel Nedved and David Trezeguet are all doubts.

"Trezeguet has a shoulder problem, Nedved had five stitches on a calf cut on Saturday, while Cannavaro is struggling with his ankle," confirmed the Coach.

The Old Lady got their European Cup campaign off to an excellent start with a win at Ajax and Capello wants three more points against their Israeli opponents.

"It is an important game and it would be an error on our part to go into the match thinking that it will be easy to score," he continued.

"The points on offer tomorrow are far too important for us to miss out on at this stage of the competition.

"We need to show great respect for our opponents, who are well organised defensively and who can be dangerous on the counter attack."

If Trezeguet does recover in time to start, then he will probably play alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic – relegating Alex Del Piero to the bench.

That would give further ammunition to his critics who haven’t been impressed with his start to the season.

"I don’t think it is right that the newspapers are targeting him in such a way," added Capello. "The fact that he has yet to complete a whole game is down to just tactical reasons."

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has also commented on the game against Maccabi Tel Aviv.

"It is nice to be playing a side from a nation such as Israel but we are looking for a win because this is a fundamental game for us," he stated.

Sep 25, 2004
    I told u Maccabi will play 4-5-1.
    But some of the info is not true.
    L. Cohen is not in Italy - as I said - he is in the hospital having a medical treatment.
    So don't trust this site.

arrr!
    I never thought this game will ever happen. It just can't be true.
    Two Teams - Two Loves - One Game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by BlackShadow ] ++
    I told u Maccabi will play 4-5-1.
    But some of the info is not true.
    L. Cohen is not in Italy - as I said - he is in the hospital having a medical treatment.
    So don't trust this site.

arrr!
    I never thought this game will ever happen. It just can't be true.
    Two Teams - Two Loves - One Game.
    I'd choose your home team if I were you. :undecide:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Capello shouldn't risk Cannavaro, Nedved or Trezeguet unnecessarily.

I'd play:

Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Tudor Zambrotta
    Olivera Appiah Emerson Kapo
    Del Piero Ibrahimovic

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #115
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Capello shouldn't risk Cannavaro, Nedved or Trezeguet unnecessarily.

I'd play:

Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Tudor Zambrotta
    Olivera Appiah Emerson Kapo
    Del Piero Ibrahimovic
    Give Emerson a rest too and play Tacchinardi or Blasi instead.

Sep 25, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I'd choose your home team if I were you. :undecide:
    Someone wrote an article, that it's like when we were children, one brother asks "who do u like the most - mom or dad?"
    It's sort of the que' that u don't know how to answer.

Lars

Sep 25, 2004
    I too would cheer for Juve against any team, even if it was a Danish one (fat chance, BTW, as the danish teams have sucked in Europe for several years!).

The only thing that can get me as excited as Juve is our national team - I guess most of us feel like that...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)