CL: Juventus - Deportivo (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Zambrotta not playing is a huge blow to our aspirations of progressing to the quarter finals. But hopefully the boys will be up for it and show the usual Juventino passion and spirit.

I don't think we will go all attack against Depor since that would be suicidal, 1 goal scored against us and our mission would suddenly be compounded. I think we should defend well and carefully build our attacks from midfield. We really need to control the match. If we score an early goal and finish the first half 1-0 up, then we can go for the all important second goal in the second half and still be careful in the back.

This Depor reminds me of Arsenal of 2001. Extremely strong at home but very poor away. Results in La Liga and the Champions League Group stage prove that:

Home:

vs PSV (2-0)
vs Monaco (1-0)
vs AEK (3-0)

Goals Scored (6) / Goals Against (0), GD = +6.

Away:

vs AEK (1-1)
vs Monaco (3-8)
vs PSV (2-3)

Goals Scored (6) / Goals Against (12), GD = -6.

Pre-match Comments:

Luciano Moggi - 'We always suffer against Deportivo, but we always succeed in eliminating them in the end. Deportivo are one of the best Spanish teams but we will do our best'.

Javier Irrureta - 'If anything, we deserved to lost in the first leg match due to our bad performance. But this time we are coming to Turin to win. We will be looking to score at least one goal to make sure of blowing Juve and advancing to the next stage.'

It's showitme !!

Aug 26, 2003
here is what Lippi said today:

Ahead of tomorrow's Champions League against Deportivo, where Juventus needs to overturn the 1-0 deficit of the first leg, Marcello Lippi hopes his team can play a great match without over exposing itself.

The Tuscan coach said: "We need to play a great match and score so we can at least go for the penalties. In this sense we must make use of the charge that the second half against Brescia has given us. In any case we shall need great attention and balance. We shall not go gung-ho forward."

i think he is right!

my line up:

Buffon
Thuram-Legro-Montero-Ferrara/Pesotto
Camo-Tacci-Appiah-Nedved
Di Vaio - Del Piero

but many alternatives lippi doesn't have!!

i think also this squade can beat them!!!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
:eek: what happened to zambrotta...??

damn, our chances looks a bit bleak......but i'm hoping the guys will step up tomorrow

forza juve..!! we believe in ya :thumb:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
this is the probable lineup from yahoo! sports

Juventus:

Gianluigi Buffon
Thuram-------Ferrara------Legrottaglie-----Montero

Camoranesi------------Tacchinardi----------Appiah

--------------------Pavel Nedved---------------------

Del Piero--------Di Vaio

:stress: i hope montero will prove me wrong

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We will need to score, so i hope Lippi will play this formation(he probably won't though :()

From midfield and onwards.

---------------Tacchinardi

Camoranesi----------------Nedved

-----------------Del Piero

-------------Di Vaio-Miccoli

Jul 28, 2002
Forza juve, i have fiath in us, even if we cant defend to save our lives. :D which in affect we are :D

OP
epitaph

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74
    Alessandro Del Piero will remember the match at Riasor Stadium of La Coruna, as an important event for his career despite the final result. At La Coruna match he signs his 88th presence in international cups, entering in the guinness Juventus book as the player who has collected more international games.

www.juventus.com

OP
    epitaph

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #77
    ROME, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero says his team remain Champions League contenders despite their 1-0 defeat at Deportivo Coruna in the first knockout phase.

Alessandro del Piero: Confident (RickStewart/GettyImages)

'We could and should have done much better. If we want to qualify (for the quarter-finals) we'll have to do much more in the second leg,' Del Piero was quoted as saying in Corriere dello Sport on Thursday.

'We can still turn the contest around.'

The return leg will be staged at the Stadio delle Alpi on March 9.

Wednesday's result continued Juventus's poor record at the Riazor Stadium, where they have drawn twice and lost twice in the past four seasons.

Del Piero and European Footballer of the Year Pavel Nedved gave below-par performances and Juventus's evening was made worse by a shoulder injury to striker David Trezeguet which is expected to keep him out of the return leg.

Trezeguet's replacement, Fabrizio Miccoli, insisted that it would be a mistake to count Juventus out.

'One-nil was the worst result we could get here, but I believe we can come back,' he said. Their disjointed performance, however, raised questions over whether they are capable of repeating last season's run in the competition, when they finished runners-up to AC Milan.

Though currently third in Serie A, six points behind leaders AC Milan, Juventus have struggled against direct title rivals and suffered a humiliating 4-0 defeat to second-placed AS Roma earlier this month.

www.soccernet.espn.com

FORZA JUVE

:thumb:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Players called up for Depor match (no Tudor, Conte, Iuliano, Maresca, Birindelli, Trezeguet and Zambrotta.) Doesn't look good. :down:

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
    2 Ciro FERRARA
    3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
    4 Paolo MONTERO
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
    9 Fabrizio MICCOLI
    10 Alessandro DEL PIERO
    11 Pavel NEDVED
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI
    16 Mauro CAMORANESI
    18 Stephen APPIAH
    20 Marco DI VAIO
    21 Lilian THURAM
    22 Antonio MIRANTE
    23 Nicola LEGROTTAGLIE
    31 Orlando URBANO
    32 Victor BOUDIANSKI
    34 Davide CHIUMIENTO
    43 Abduoulay KONKO
    45 Raffaele PALLADINO
    1 Gianluigi BUFFON :thumb:
    2 Ciro FERRARA :rolleyes:
    3 Alessio TACCHINARDI :undecide:
    4 Paolo MONTERO god help us he don't do any stupidity-like in roma match
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO :lazy:
    9 Fabrizio MICCOLI :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    10 Alessandro DEL PIERO :thumb:
    11 Pavel NEDVED:thumb:
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI we won't need him
    16 Mauro CAMORANESI :groan:
    18 Stephen APPIAH :groan:
    20 Marco DI VAIO :D
    21 Lilian THURAM:groan:
    22 Antonio MIRANTE we won't need him
    23 Nicola LEGROTTAGLIE if he playes good then :D if he does some shit then :fero:
    31 Orlando URBANO :confused:
    32 Victor BOUDIANSKI:confused:
    34 Davide CHIUMIENTO:confused:
    43 Abduoulay KONKO:confused:
    45 Raffaele PALLADINO :confused:
    who are they...?????

definitelly NOT playing

Square

Oct 6, 2002
    im looking for big performances from del piero, nedved and camo. i think camo can do very well :D hes in good form.

MICCOLI SHOULD START!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)