[CL] JUVENTUS - Borussia Mönchengladbach (October 21st, 2015) (21 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we're like a team in the middle of pre-season, around mid-august: defensive work is taking shape, passing is accurate enough, physical condition is almost up there, the team only has to work on ironing out some attacking moves and consistency. too bad it's almost november now, and we're fucking late to the party.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
how about some motivation? or maybe some attacking routines? Conte gave strict guidelines that built our attack and Allegri then gave freedom to Tevez after having the functioning guidelines already ingrained. With these new players I dont see any practiced movements, he is expecting them to figure out their best way forward the way Messi Neymar and Suarez did. I'd trade our entire frontline for one of the barca trio at this rate.
True.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Why dont anybody see the real issue here! Our hunger is gone!! Had we played with 100% aggrsiveness we would have won with no problems! Insted you ccould ser we were playing with ZERO aggresiveness.. And this isnt the first time! I have serious doubts that allegri Can motivate this team!
Look at morata! He is so unconcentrated!! He has been awfull in posession all year! You didnt der that last season!

- and his exclusion of dybala is just so Way of! He is our most important player, because he is the only one who Can create! And its making Way to much tension in the media everytime his not playing!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Why dont anybody see the real issue here! Our hunger is gone!! Had we played with 100% aggrsiveness we would have won with no problems! Insted you ccould ser we were playing with ZERO aggresiveness.. And this isnt the first time! I have serious doubts that allegri Can motivate this team!
Look at morata! He is so unconcentrated!! He has been awfull in posession all year! You didnt der that last season!

- and his exclusion of dybala is just so Way of! He is our most important player, because he is the only one who Can create! And its making Way to much tension in the media everytime his not playing!
what do you mean nobody? been saying it all summer

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
how about some motivation? or maybe some attacking routines? Conte gave strict guidelines that built our attack and Allegri then gave freedom to Tevez after having the functioning guidelines already ingrained. With these new players I dont see any practiced movements, he is expecting them to figure out their best way forward the way Messi Neymar and Suarez did. I'd trade our entire frontline for one of the barca trio at this rate.
Such as? Playing Gio as a CF? Am I the only one that remembered Conte's static attack? At least in his last year. We all hated it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Such as? Am I the only one that remembered Conte's static attack? At least in his last year. We all hated it.
also in his 1st year... i remember he tried every possible combination of matri, q and vucinic, none of them was working. the midfielders kept scoring, the strikers struggled almost all the way.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
also in his 1st year... i remember he tried every possible combination of matri, q and vucinic, none of them was working. the midfielders kept scoring, the strikers struggled almost all the way.
The point is lets not talk like Conte was some offensive Guru. :D

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the atmopshere in the game was great.

what were the fans chanting during the last 5 minutes? they were doing it in the opening 10 mintues too

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Don't suppose I'll be saying anything different to what will already have been said.

Juve played a good game in the first two-thirds of the pitch, but that is of limited value if your play in the final third is as poor as Juve's was.

After about an hour of the game you could see it was really getting into the players' heads that things were going badly and they started to tense up and that just made things worse.

It was remarkable just how bad Juve's play was.

Only issue I'd have with the general play was that there were a couple of periods of the game that were allowed to drift, rather than Juve really pushing for a higher tempo and putting Gladbach under pressure.

Thought Juve dealt well with Gladbach's pressing on the odd occasion they tried it - not that it was the most intense or well-organised press you've ever seen.

Going back to the forwards, there is also an issue when Juve do get decent delivery into the box. All too often there is only one player in there and generally Juve players are not showing enough desire and aggression to get on the end of a ball into the box. That in itself ends up putting more pressure on the creative players because they start to feel they have to attempt to play a perfect ball in, rather than just getting it into a decent area and letting a striker go and attack it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The point is lets not talk like Conte was some offensive Guru. :D
:tup:

-------------

ratings:
http://www.vecchiasignora.com/topic...ce-ma-non-decide-mandzukic-peggiore-in-campo/

both gds and cds think that mandzukic and alex sandro sucked, and barzagli was our best player. agreed on barza, not sure about sandro.

both papers rated pogba at 6/10. he surely done his defensive tasks pretty good, but his decision making in the attacking 3rd of the pitch was all over the place.

btw if i wasn't aware of the result, just looking at gds's ratings i'd have the impression that 'gladbach won the game. that's ridiculous.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
the atmopshere in the game was great.

what were the fans chanting during the last 5 minutes? they were doing it in the opening 10 mintues too
That was all of those 4000 Gladbach fans chanting --> VFL VFL VFL
Cause the full name of the club is VFL Borussia Mönchengladbach ;)

Thought Juve dealt well with Gladbach's pressing on the odd occasion they tried it - not that it was the most intense or well-organised press you've ever seen.
Juve was pretty good in taking our game away and actually doing everything to not give us any space, as soon as we had the ball.
On top of it, we weren't good offensively and produced quite a few unnessecary turnovers going forward, which didn't allow as anything at all on offense.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Oh, and I thought it was a mistake to change to 4-3-1-2.

If you are pushing for a goal, you don't deprive yourself of width like that. Would be different if Juve weren't playing Barzagli at right-back, but at the moment they do need to play with a winger on that side.

No issue with Pereyra coming on for Cuadrado, but Pereyra should have stayed wide.

What you ended up with was only Zaza trying to stretch the game and Pereyra and Dybala trying to play in a small space that was easy to close down because of the lack of width.

And with Zaza having to work to create the space, there was little chance of him being in the box if something was created.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve was pretty good in taking our game away and actually doing everything to not give us any space, as soon as we had the ball.
On top of it, we weren't good offensively and produced quite a few unnessecary turnovers going forward, which didn't allow as anything at all on offense.
Yeah, it wasn't a good performance from Gladbach.

I didn't even think they defended particularly well, even though many people will assume they did since they didn't concede.

Their midfield allowed Juve too many counter-attacking chances, even though Juve wasted them.

The defence just had to be okay because they weren't really put under much pressure because of how poor Juve's final ball was.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Such as? Playing Gio as a CF? Am I the only one that remembered Conte's static attack? At least in his last year. We all hated it.
We struggled to score in a lot of games under Conte when he started opting for the 3-5-2. If memory serves, in that season we were grinding out messy goals or depending on Pirlo's set-pieces and some Vucinic magic. That's something we lack right now. That magic. Pogba possesses it, Dybala possesses it and dare I say Alex Sandro and Cuadrado have it in them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Isla - Alex Sandro comparisons :D

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
We struggled to score in a lot of games under Conte when he started opting for the 3-5-2. If memory serves, in that season we were grinding out messy goals or depending on Pirlo's set-pieces and some Vucinic magic. That's something we lack right now. That magic. Pogba possesses it, Dybala possesses it and dare I say Alex Sandro and Cuadrado have it in them as well.
Well, Dyala's magic isn't too useful if it stays on the bench. If Allegri had been coach when Pogba just arrived, Pogba would have never played. He prefers to play fucking 12 goal career high Zaza instead, still so bitter about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)