[CL] JUVENTUS - Borussia Mönchengladbach (October 21st, 2015) (17 Viewers)

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Ours looks poor but consider the fact that all but Morata are new to the team, they are still gelling. You might say how does that effect their finishing, well I'd say it more effects the type of chance being made, less clear cut. Couple that with a bit of bad luck and you have our current situation.
If I am not mistaken, we have hit the post/bar 6 times already

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If I am not mistaken, we have hit the post/bar 6 times already
5 times, according to whoscored. (once against genoa, the only match when we hit the post AND won - the other 4 occasions might have been decisive.)

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala's first 8 games in Serie A for Juve:

Neymar's first 8 games in LaLiga:
:tup: 423 minutes vs 467, not a huge difference obviously. i hope dybala ends up around 20 goals considering all competitions. (neymar scored 39 last year.)

now let's find the reason why alex sandro is not being used at all. looking at evra's performance against :inter: , the "evra plays great" argument doesn't stand.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
5 times, according to whoscored. (once against genoa, the only match when we hit the post AND won - the other 4 occasions might have been decisive.)
how do you see those stats? I can't find it....

btw I think that I count Cuadrado's chance vs Inter (ball through Handanovic legs which then chipped the external side of the base)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
So he played almost all of the previous three games to Inter :lol:

Someone free this man from the tyranny of Allegri!!!
Have people taken a fucking look at the table and where we are and know that the main reason we're there is that we lacked consistency? So when it starts to click our coach still insists in fucking changing every line up. So fuck consistency then?

When we finally got an attacking pair that was starting to gel, Allegri does what? Second big match in a row, benched. And to you that sounds okay.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
28/10 Sassuolo (A)
31/10 Torino (H)
03/11 Borussia MG (A)
08/11 Empoli (A)
21/11 Milan (H)
25/11 Man City (H)
29/11 Palermo (A)
04/12 Lazio (A)
08/12 Sevilla (A)
13/12 Fiorentina (H)

We're constantly playing big league games before our CL games, even after in the case of one.
Well, are Torino(I know, it's a derby) and Milan really such big games?
I get Torino, cause it's the derby of Turin but Milan hasn't been good in a while and doesn't look all that good so far this season as well.

BTW: Our next games are:
21/10 Juventus(A)
25/10 Schalke(H)
28/10 Schalke(A/Cup)
31/10 Hertha Berlin(A)
03/11 Juventus(H)
07/11 Ingolstadt(H)
21/11 Hannover(H)
25/11 Sevilla(H)
28/11 Hoffenheim(A)
05/12 Bayern(H)
08/12 Man City(A)

You gotta play them the way you're schedueled to.

Fun Fact.
Gladbach and Juve played eachother during the 2nd round of the 1975/76 Club Champions Cup(predecessor of the Champions League) with Borussia coming out on top thanks to a 2-2 draw in Turin and a 2-0 win at home.
Though, that's fourty years ago and the goals for us were scored by Jupp Heynckes and Allan Simonsen. :lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So Mandzukic plays for Dybala

Not THAT bad. Mandzukic is the most proven finisher in the team, and we'd have two in the box for crosses and gladbach likely to drop deep if we can domminate the play.

Hm, now i'd definatly wanted to have seen dybala past serie a game.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I read an interesting statistics yesterday; basically, we score every 17 shots at goal, whilst the teams at the top have all got an average of approximately 1 goal every 7 shots. We are the bottom team of Serie A in this respect and we are also bottom of the goal conceded: 1 goal every 8.5 shots by opposition, even worse then Bologna. I think our season so far is pretty much summed up in these numbers.
As far as tonight is concerned, I will be in the Stadium so no other result but a win.
Apart of moratas goals and ybalas good moves...our attack is abysmal. No buts of ifs.

So Mandzukic plays for Dybala

Not THAT bad. Mandzukic is the most proven finisher in the team, and we'd have two in the box for crosses and gladbach likely to drop deep if we can domminate the play.

Hm, now i'd definatly wanted to have seen dybala past serie a game.
Until one of Zaza or Mandzu take the finger our of their azz, ill not be happy with either choice. I want to see a lot of goals, soecially from mandzu.....because we bought him to replace llorente who was not prolific enought,,,,and this guy is doing just the same. Dont come with that crap that of "he helps the team", "he is a beast" blabla,... because so far he has been putrid.

Ill not be as demanding on zaza because we all know he is limited as fuk and is part of a very shady deal...but mandzukic is another story.

That lasy part was not aimed at you btw, just wanted to comment.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I read an interesting statistics yesterday; basically, we score every 17 shots at goal, whilst the teams at the top have all got an average of approximately 1 goal every 7 shots. We are the bottom team of Serie A in this respect and we are also bottom of the goal conceded: 1 goal every 8.5 shots by opposition, even worse then Bologna. I think our season so far is pretty much summed up in these numbers.
As far as tonight is concerned, I will be in the Stadium so no other result but a win.
Lucky you to watch our guys.
Very relevant statistics you gave .That numbers prove why we are at the table where we are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway we are going to smash Munchinflapjack tonight!

Ok, 2-1 win.
No, maybe we will win 1-0 but clean sheets tonight.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if we win this id like to see Rugani and Sandro start all the remaining CL group games.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Allegri tried Alex Sandro in the starting formation in vinovo today and he will be the one starting the game tonight.
great news if true. Evra is playing constantly for the past 4-5 games or so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)