[CL] JUVENTUS - Borussia Mönchengladbach (October 21st, 2015) (6 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25
    a bit late though.

:juvefan2:
    I'm not saying its going to be easy getting the match threads opened on time since I have a new job, kid and grad school but I will do my best. :p

- - - Updated - - -

But if I get any slack on anyone I can always go on another extended vacation. :numnum:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I'm not saying its going to be easy getting the match threads opened on time since I have a new job, kid and grad school but I will do my best. :p

- - - Updated - - -

But if I get any slack on anyone I can always go on another extended vacation. :numnum:
    :D

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
    At least 4,000 Borussia fans will be in the stadium on Wednesday.
    The away section will be filled and some will be in neutral sections.

Should make for a great atmosphere overall. :hellyes:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Well, here we go again with another "bonus game" for us, which we earned last season.

I have a feeling that we'll win a game/games in the CL(though, not sure about an experienced italian side) given the way we're playing under Schubert and with all the chances we're creating.
    We should've gotten points against City already but weren't efficient enough(same problem we had against Sevilla during the knockout stage of last years EL round of 32), while losing thanks to two set pieces.

Though, we'd need at least two goals to get a win as we're giving up at least one penalty a game, it seems. :lol2:

Starting lineup for Gladbach should stay the same.

-----------------------Raffael-------Stindl-----------------

-Johnson-------------------------------------------Traoré-

----------------------Xhaka------Dahoud------------------

-Wendt------------Dominguez---Christensen----------Korb-

------------------------Sommer---------------------------

Players missing are: Patrick Herrmann(RW/LW), Nico Schulz(LW/LB), Martin Stranzl(CB)

Will be interesting to see how the matchup of the grizzled vets of Juve or the younger foals will end.
    Just hoping for a good game of football, like the one we had at home against City, and I'll be happy.

Hazard has hardly gotten any playing time since Schubert took over from Favre.
    You play Stindl as striker? Interesting. I know him as CM

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Is that Johnson the American? BTW how good is Xhaka these days?
    decisive player for them, most aggressive player of the Bundesliga imo. You should fear for our players more than from facing Melo, Medel and other lame tards from merda. Dude tends to get away with brutal fouls.

alaska

May 25, 2013
    Is that Johnson the American?
    Yeah. Interesting drama with him lately, NT manager publicly called him out for wanting to be substituted but not being hurt in a key match. Johnson claimed he really was injured. Monchengladbach said he was injured, then he played 90mins a few days later.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Yeah. Interesting drama with him lately, NT manager publicly called him out for wanting to be substituted but not being hurt in a key match. Johnson claimed he really was injured. Monchengladbach said he was injured, then he played 90mins a few days later.
    National Associations are c.unts these days, Klinsmann on top of them. Playing injured and unfit players has become a hobby for those douches and then start a fight with the player/club if they don't obey.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    :lol: That stuff happens all the time now with clubs, international football is becoming more like a distraction.

Sounds like we need to get control of the midfield mostly.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
    You play Stindl as striker? Interesting. I know him as CM
    Well, we're also playing Raffael as a "striker" since he joined us in 2013.
    Stindl also played at the #10 spot for Hannover last season scoring ten goals.
    Both him and Raffael are what we call 9.5's as they're a mix in between a striker and a #10.

Real strikers(Luuk de Jong before or Josip Drmic currently) tend to have a hard time making it with us.

Is that Johnson the American? BTW how good is Xhaka these days?
    Yes, Johnson's a US international and the stuff about him being send back was Klinsmann trying to find a scapegoat after blowing the chance to qualify for the Confed Cup, IMO.

Xhaka's still a great CM and the guy dictading our game with his passing etc.
    Currently one of the best CM's of the Bundesliga and most likely gone after the season as he's already being linked to Bayern, Manchester United etc.

decisive player for them, most aggressive player of the Bundesliga imo. You should fear for our players more than from facing Melo, Medel and other lame tards from merda. Dude tends to get away with brutal fouls.
    I think you should try and watch more Bundesliga.
    Xhaka's toned down his game quite a bit(especially since Schubert appointed him as captain) and his tacklings have never been about hurting anyone but rather some bad decision which he's worked/working on.
    Though, it still seems like he gets a bad rep from his earlier days at Borussia somehow and he's certainly not "more brutal" in tackling then a guy like Khedira or your very own Chiellini.

BTW: The X-Factor for us might very well be Mo Dahoud. The 19 year old has been great so far and could become the next big thing, if he stays healthy and keeps working the way he does.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    I think you should try and watch more Bundesliga.
    Xhaka's toned down his game quite a bit(especially since Schubert appointed him as captain) and his tacklings have never been about hurting anyone but rather some bad decision which he's worked/working on.
    Though, it still seems like he gets a bad rep from his earlier days at Borussia somehow and he's certainly not "more brutal" in tackling then a guy like Khedira or your very own Chiellini.
    8 games
    4 yellows
    1 red

compared to last season

30 games
    10 yellows (chiellini 10 yellows in 44 games)
    1 red

toned down a lot yo

he is an animal that has no objective rather than killing off other players on the pitch. And the amount of violence he gets away with is ridiculous. Should have earned much more cards than that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)