[CL] Juventus 3-2 Porto [March 9th, 2021] (7 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Porto taking a red at 54th minute + we not being able to kill the game with the man advatange is just the sign of mental midgets. We had ~30mins to score the winning goal, then on OT Porto was the first team to score after playing literally hour with the man down. No excuses, we just suck.

2 years row away goal rule exit after having a massive advatange over playing at home for an empty stadiums. That’s a rule that needs to be fucking checked right fucking now.

Well, we knew we weren’t going to win it regardless so it doesn’t hurt that bad. Full focus on Scudetto, let’s see what we can do.
Let’s stick with the part of no excuses, as you said we had 30 mins at 2-1 up against 10 men. We needed to finish this in 90 and couldn’t.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Another hollywood style of epic self implosion. similar to bayern munich knocking us out via Coman few years back!

One thing we can be certain about Juventus is:
We will always offer fans the most epic hollywood style failure on international stage. Easily one of the most exciting games I've seen this year. claps*

One thing we can be certain about Uefa Referee is:
Unless you offer your kids to 'play' with the ref the night before the game, they will probably perform in an unfair manner. it is an unwritten rule, which Sergio Ramos has smartly adhered to since the birth of his kids.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What makes me mad is the complacency. Once we went 2-1 up it was like job done. We good now. Every single year. This do just bare minimum attitude is insulting.
Unfortunately this was our destination all along. You can't decimate a team every year to reduce quality and hope for a miracle. We need to stop looking for opportunities and start building a team with a plan. This season was over before it began.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What makes me mad is the complacency. Once we went 2-1 up it was like job done. We good now. Every single year. This do just bare minimum attitude is insulting.
Unfortunately this was our destination all along. You can't decimate a team every year to reduce quality and hope for a miracle. We need to stop looking for opportunities and start building a team with a plan. This season was over before it began.
Thank you. This is exactly what I said in my post a few pages back. We took our foot off the gas. Zero initiative, especially in ET, where Porto, surprisingly looked more dangerous.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
You should get rid of that cringe ass shit logo, it all went downhill after you went that way - get the other one back, it looked nice.

On a serious note: who cares about having a player like Ronaldo when the actual team regressed so massively? No, he's not the only one to blame, far from. But this is my exact point a week or so ago about why you should always strive to get the best possible team and not the best individuals, when you have one of the best teams then you can think about getting individuals that stands out.

Juve really shot themselves in the foot with this Ronaldo deal. Wtf cares about marketing shit when you go out in the R16 two years in a row? The best marketing is always to win games, fuck the other cringe shit.

You had one of the best teams in the world from 2014-2017, it was a joy to watch that teamwork and well functioning midfield back then, today you play static and without much creativity.

Pirlo and Sarri is not good enough but you can hardly blame them for saying yes to the job, those who should take the biggest blame is your management and that parasite named director you have.

Another thing is you need to change your approach and how you attack the games. Looking from the outside you play an outdated version of football, sorry to say. But the old Italian way of playing football just don't cut it anymore.

Today it's pretty much all out attack, like it or not but it's the way forward. And this "conserve energy" thing is the worst thing you can do as well, you need to fire on all cylinders for your players to stay in top form at the right moments.

Yes it might tire them but if you manage it well then you'll be rewarded big time in the end.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
One of the biggest issues we had this year is that we limped into the QFs and the important February spell of games in terms of fitness. Before this period we were actually finding some form and barely conceding any goals, although this was also a little down to luck as well. But then we ended up with 3/4 central defenders injured, Cuadrado injured, Morata out with a weird illness, Dybala already out for most of the season, Ramsey with his usual strains, McKennie our form midfielder playing through a hip injury, etc.

That lack of options has hit us hard, but especially up front. Either one of Ronaldo or Morata is in good shape and we go through in this game. Cuadrado in both legs and it is different, but he is 32 and was always going to get injured at some point.

Sure, it papers over the cracks but a lot of teams are struggling in this Covid football. Seeing scorelines like this and kamikaze games is just normal in this shit era. I can't wait until the fans come back. Take a look at our team and results since the lockdown started under Sarri, we've been shit.

Too many things aren't going right for us in this spell. Often you can get away with one or two things against you to win this sort of game, but to win the competition you need all things. You need fitness and form at the right time, a team that knows what it is doing, experienced coach, a decision or two from the officials, vocal home support, individual quality in the right areas. We're missing too many pieces of the puzzle to compete at the top level, and evidently don't even have enough to knock out 10-man Porto in the RO16.

Last edited:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Wait a minute. I wasn't aware Bayern fans are sensible people.

Well deserved win for Porto.
This JJ team obviously has a lot of problems. Pirlo being one of them, but I think/fear that's really only a minor detail.

Personally, I thought the ref did quite well.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
How poor is that to get eliminated by a 10-man-Porto-Team.
What would Bayern have done with them in their own stadium?!?
Bayern is a decade ahead of us, let's not use them as a comparison here. We're probably as good as west ham right now.

- - - Updated - - -

of course 38 year old Pepe puts in a performance like he is 28.

tired of evrery side putting world class performances against us
You know who we need to bring in next right?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Because we are Juventus that alone shouldn’t be the reason and alibi for our loss. We sucked and lost because of that, period.

I’m not saying you take it as a reason or alibi or speaking in that way BUT I think small clubs like Merda and the Rats from Napoli do that kind of things.
I never said it was an excuse for the exit but it does highlight the inexcusably shitty officiating once again.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
You should get rid of that cringe ass shit logo, it all went downhill after you went that way - get the other one back, it looked nice.

On a serious note: who cares about having a player like Ronaldo when the actual team regressed so massively? No, he's not the only one to blame, far from. But this is my exact point a week or so ago about why you should always strive to get the best possible team and not the best individuals, when you have one of the best teams then you can think about getting individuals that stands out.

Juve really shot themselves in the foot with this Ronaldo deal. Wtf cares about marketing shit when you go out in the R16 two years in a row? The best marketing is always to win games, fuck the other cringe shit.

You had one of the best teams in the world from 2014-2017, it was a joy to watch that teamwork and well functioning midfield back then, today you play static and without much creativity.

Pirlo and Sarri is not good enough but you can hardly blame them for saying yes to the job, those who should take the biggest blame is your management and that parasite named director you have.

Another thing is you need to change your approach and how you attack the games. Looking from the outside you play an outdated version of football, sorry to say. But the old Italian way of playing football just don't cut it anymore.

Today it's pretty much all out attack, like it or not but it's the way forward. And this "conserve energy" thing is the worst thing you can do as well, you need to fire on all cylinders for your players to stay in top form at the right moments.

Yes it might tire them but if you manage it well then you'll be rewarded big time in the end.

Nah man...our greatest fail is having Italians in more than 50 percent of our staffs headcount.

Since the start of 2000s, Italians have contributed nothing to football other than a word cup win via Materazzi dirty words to Zidane.

To get out of this slump, we need to hire more foreign talents in our staffs. Hire one of those MMA promoters from the states. These people know how to drum up drama and do good business on and off pitch.

Next, is remove ourselves from serie A and join premier league for the attention.
But of course , given our standard of football, we will start at English League Two and work our way upwards.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Nah man...our greatest fail is having Italians in more than 50 percent of our staffs headcount.

Since the start of 2000s, Italians have contributed nothing to football other than a word cup win via Materazzi dirty words to Zidane.

To get out of this slump, we need to hire more foreign talents in our staffs. Hire one of those MMA promoters from the states. These people know how to drum up drama and do good business on and off pitch.

Next, is remove ourselves from serie A and join premier league for the attention.
But of course , given our standard of football, we will start at English League Two and work our way upwards.
We are out of the CL, and here you are, trolling. Stop it, I don't find it/you funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)