[CL] Juventus 3-2 Porto [March 9th, 2021] (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Honestly I thought last season would be the lowest point before we start improving gradually again. I look at this year's squad and I see very few faces from Allegri's time. We are almost at a brand new group and we should be able to leverage our bigger size to build quicker than Inter who are just becoming a functional team that can compete on 1 front.

We are not in ruin the way Milan was when we won our first title.
You continued to prove what I am saying. We are getting worse and it's obvious that next season will also be worse. I don't know how long will this last but we might reach that mess of Milan. We are not thst far off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
We got robbed by refs against Lyon and Porto.
We got robbed by refs against Real Madrid in 1998 UCL final.
Against Barca when Dani Alvez fouled Poona.
Against BM - Morata’s disallowed goal.
Against RM - Buffon.

I think UEFA is really pissed at AA and his proposed changes.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You continued to prove what I am saying. We are getting worse and it's obvious that next season will also be worse. I don't know how long will this last but we might reach that mess of Milan. We are not thst far off.
We agree about the decline. I am curious why you think its endless irreversible decline. Unlike that Milan we have lots of money to throw at the problem. I believe a good transfer season and coach can make a world of difference.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm not mad at the players. There was inexperience and moments of switching off but to their credit they showed a lot of heart out there, some died on the pitch, despite still looking like an unbalanced team that was either confused or struggling to implement the game plan.

Too bad there is only so much that effort will get from the squad when, frankly, its not built properly

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yes the era is over but like a lot of great eras, we get to live the regret we couldn't get that single CL. I mean the disrespect we gave to Porto is bad, yes they've not been as far in recent seasons but this team has won same amount of CL's as us. The irony is Conceicao kept talking about their DNA and sacrifice both pre and post match. Yet we didn't show a single inch of ours.

DNA don't mean shit, but it gives the players some sort of belief. Mixed with hard work and sacrifice and you're there. We need to create more cringe videos to help us to get there. That yank we used in the last one needs to go first.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We agree about the decline. I am curious why you think its endless irreversible decline. Unlike that Milan we have lots of money to throw at the problem. I believe a good transfer season and coach can make a world of difference.
I didn't say it's endless, all cycles end. I simply do not trust those in charge, they have been blaming the managers, firing Allegri was not the answer, assigning Sarri was not the answer. Firing Sarri was not the answer. Starting a so called new project with Pirlo is not the answer.

We are losing money a lot faster than you can imagine and it's getting worse. We don't have the resources nor the brains to make one good transfer season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan's problems were bigger than ours, I think. They had no money and they had to sell Ibra and Thiago Silva, and what remained were seriously old players like Seedorf, Zambrotta, van Bommel, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Ambrosini, and even Cassano and Mexes. They were all gone in a season, mostly due to retirement
Their youth was incredibly bad - Nocerino, De Sciglio, and the middle generation was mediocre to the bone (Taiwo, Muntari, Flamini, Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Emanuelson). Even the ones they could build on didn't have a bright future (Robinho, Boateng, El Shaarawy and the always injured Pato).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Don’t worry guys there’s always Serie A

:touched:

Oh wait, we are about to end our run of dominance to Conte’s Inter

What a fucking season. Fuck everyone involved at this club for this shit. Three seasons in a row where we are absolutely embarrassed in Europe. Huge changes are needed, but will they happen? I have my doubts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not mad at the players. There was inexperience and moments of switching off but to their credit they showed a lot of heart out there, some died on the pitch, despite still looking like an unbalanced team that was either confused or struggling to implement the game plan.

Too bad there is only so much that effort will get from the squad when, frankly, its not built properly
How can you not be mad at the players? They didn't show any care at all for a large part of the match, and apart from Chiesa, only showed grit and determination when we were about to be eliminated. Both legs were just laden with individual mistakes as well. So I don't really care if a few of them ran hard for 10 minutes, screw them and their gigantic salaries.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Completely irrelevant right now, but who do you think would have taken the penalties if it went to shoot-outs?

Not Demiral, Kulusevski, McKennie or Szczesny. Ronaldo, Cuadrado and Bernardeschi for sure. That leaves two more out of De Ligt, Sandro, Morata and Rabiot.

I'm asking because I'm wondering who would have missed and been butchered by the fans for the defeat. I think Cuadrado and Sandro if he was one of the five penalty takers. Or Rabiot to blast it over the bar.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We got robbed by refs against Lyon and Porto.
We got robbed by refs against Real Madrid in 1998 UCL final.
Against Barca when Dani Alvez fouled Poona.
Against BM - Morata’s disallowed goal.
Against RM - Buffon.

I think UEFA is really pissed at AA and his proposed changes.
Defund uefa. Make super league now

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty certain he would have got us through against Porto. Some of these guys need their heads shaking and Conte would have done that. We'd probably end up losing in next round though.

- - - Updated - - -

I like your avatar, infact I love it. Best thing I've seen today. Infact I'm going to rewind to the 90's, watch some vintage Juve highlights to keep my sanity.
Really? Cunte couldn't even beat a barca B team that had nothing to play for let alone porto.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
So disappointed but glad now I didn't get to watch it. I mean up 2-1 and 10-9 man ad at what was it, 64th minute. So Juve goes 26 + 25 for 51 minutes and no goal. Then allows man down Porto to score. I just don't get it. Wouldn't at the 90 minute mark a GOOD coach could bring the guys over and set up a plan to exploit the opponent down a man? Most matches I've seen being a man up the team was totally in control of possession and even if they couldn't score would never allow the down team to score.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
We have much better players than Milan and should not fall from grace so dramatically as them.
Still, we have serious problems in several areas:
1. Attitude and football culture: The players,the management and the majority of the fans are resistant to change and continue to live in the past. Our football is too cautious, too entrenched in this ridiculous philosophy that the only thing that matters is to win.
This can win you titles in Italy but not internationally. We have to change and this mainly means that we should become more attractive to watch and ruthless club. This is the first and most important thing.
We should stop praising every time Juve's DNA of winning with minimum efforts, playing pragmatically. It happened again this season when we won several games in a row in Italy and most fans and pundits praised our play.
We can't keep saving energy and playing it safe in Italy. The whole Juve community should accept the modern football already, because it is the winning football.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo. One of the greatest players of all times, but in decline, very costly for us and does not fit well our team.Without a doubt, sell his ass this summer. He has made our team weaker, one dimensional and a hostage to his tantrums.
3.Italian coaches. Good in a championship, awful in direct eliminations. Pirlo - I am not sure he is good for anything.
4. Left footed players. Seriously, who thought it is a good idea to buy so many left footed players, whose right foot is just rotten meat? Tonight, Sandro, Rabiot, Berna, Kulu, spent half of the time on the pitch spinning around just to receive, pass or touch the ball with their left foot.There was one awkward combination, involving most of them, where they used double the time it should have been spent, just because neither of them wanted to touch the ball with the right foot.
5. The most problematic positions: quality midfielder and left back missing. Maybe right back too as Cuad is aging and Danilo is not offensive enough.
I fully expected Porto to eliminate us. We have been inconsistent the whole season, so, that was a completely logical conclusion in CL.
I am disappointed, but not because I believed we could have won the whole thing, but because of the lost revenue. We should have played at least 2 games more...

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)