[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Young Boys [October 2nd, 201 (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
In swiss league they have 9 wins out of 9 games with 32:6 goals.

I love how they overrun FC Basel last year and they keep going.

Against United they were quite unlucky. It was closer than one may think.
Certainly the type of team we tend to underrate and struggle against. Let’s see how we approach it this season. I still expect a somewhat comfortable win tho.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Napoli struggled last year against them in Europa League. Won 3-0 at home but lost 2-0 away in group stage. Not a bad team, most underestimate them. Should be a win with two goals diference if we play well, but it will not be a walk in the park.
Napoli struggled against Crvena Zvezda one week ago. They are one very weird team.

We shouldn't underestimate any club in the CL but losing points against Young Boys at home (hell, even away) would be a huge disaster.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is there a list of players taking the trip? If there is - Does Kean`s name appears on that list?

- - - Updated - - -

No idea how young boys play, so it’s hard to predict the lineup.

Best guess

Szczesny

Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Sandro

Can Pjanic Matuidi

Bernardeschi Dybala Mandzukic

But the 352 wouldn’t surprise me either since we’re kinda thin up front and you’d like to have a goal scorer on the bench just in case.
Is Dybala healthy?

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
I'm from Bern and besides Juve, YB is the club I support since they are my hometown Club.

The team usually plays a 4-4-2, biggest assets are the right wing (Mbabu, he's quick and pushes forward a lot, and a hard fighter - comparable to lichtsteiner), Hoarau (CF - he's rather slow, but big and cynical), and the quick africans supporting the attack (imo Assalé is the strongest, quick and good dribbling)

They started extremely well into this season, destroyed the local league with 9 games/9 wins.
Last week the infamous FC Basel (who dominated the swiss league for about ~8 years) got wrecked 7-1.
The Champions League Game agains ManU was unlucky. They played better football in the first half, three times more shots on goal than ManU. It was closer than the result seemed.

BUT they aren't that strong. The Qualification against Dynamo Zagreb was really close. They suffer a lot from missing experience on the big stage.
The center backs are solid, but not the quickest. They usually don't tend to defend with 10 players (like most SerieA sides do against Juve) so that should leave a bit more open space.
Most players are just happy to experience this Champions League campaign, they expect to lose and come out last. 35 year old center back von Bergen even told in the interview after qualifying "i am too slow against players like ronaldo, bit either way i will enjoy it"

So, Juve should win that easily at home.
We just have to watch out for their quick counter attacks, not pushing forward too much.
Chiellini and Bonucci should easily take care of Hoarau on headers. Sandro is a perfect Match against Mbabu, since he's quick.
I'd go with Berna Mandzu Dybala upfront, they struggle strong and explosive 1v1 players like Dybi or Berna.
Might even give a shot at a 4-2-3-1 and add Cuadrado on the right wing, for more pace and 1v1 power.

SZCZ
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Pjanic Matuidi
Cuadrado Dybala Berna
Mandzu​

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I'm from Bern and besides Juve, YB is the club I support since they are my hometown Club.

The team usually plays a 4-4-2, biggest assets are the right wing (Mbabu, he's quick and pushes forward a lot, and a hard fighter - comparable to lichtsteiner), Hoarau (CF - he's rather slow, but big and cynical), and the quick africans supporting the attack (imo Assalé is the strongest, quick and good dribbling)

They started extremely well into this season, destroyed the local league with 9 games/9 wins.
Last week the infamous FC Basel (who dominated the swiss league for about ~8 years) got wrecked 7-1.
The Champions League Game agains ManU was unlucky. They played better football in the first half, three times more shots on goal than ManU. It was closer than the result seemed.

BUT they aren't that strong. The Qualification against Dynamo Zagreb was really close. They suffer a lot from missing experience on the big stage.
The center backs are solid, but not the quickest. They usually don't tend to defend with 10 players (like most SerieA sides do against Juve) so that should leave a bit more open space.
Most players are just happy to experience this Champions League campaign, they expect to lose and come out last. 35 year old center back von Bergen even told in the interview after qualifying "i am too slow against players like ronaldo, bit either way i will enjoy it"

So, Juve should win that easily at home.
We just have to watch out for their quick counter attacks, not pushing forward too much.
Chiellini and Bonucci should easily take care of Hoarau on headers. Sandro is a perfect Match against Mbabu, since he's quick.
I'd go with Berna Mandzu Dybala upfront, they struggle strong and explosive 1v1 players like Dybi or Berna.
Might even give a shot at a 4-2-3-1 and add Cuadrado on the right wing, for more pace and 1v1 power.
Since YB is your hometown Club, you should know that Mbabu will miss the game due to an injury.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Paulo Dybala is reportedly ‘likely’ to miss Juventus’ Champions League match against Young Boys on Tuesday but should be back at the weekend.

Dybala’s ankle was bandaged after he took a blow from Mario Rui on Saturday, which resulted in a red card for the Napoli left-back.

According to ItaSportPress, Max Allegri intended to play the forward against Young Boys in Cristiano Ronaldo’s absence.

Although the website notes ‘optimism’ with regard to his condition, it adds he is ‘likely’ not to make it, freeing up a spot for Federico Bernardeschi or Juan Cuadrado in attack.
Well, Dybala is likely to miss the game, Topher is suspended, so Costa - Berna - Mandzukic? Enough for 3pts.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If Dybala is out as well, I’m sure we will go 352. Although I did see him training today so I wouldn’t rule him out yet.

Szczesny

Benatia Bonucci Chiellini

Cancelo Can Pjanic Matuidi Sandro

Bernardeschi Mandzukic
———

Could Kean feauture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)