[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time. But you can still hear it in Bernardeschi's post match:

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo" ... After ten minutes?
it was the CL final all over again.

I really don't get it, these are professional athletes who cannot hold concentration or maintain intensity for more than 10 mins? i can accept phases to take your foot off a little but to burn out after 10 mins? wtf are the coaches doing?

enzo

May 14, 2012
Is that really a surprise?

We have a rubbish attack with no attacking gameplan other than random flicks, crosses and long balls now and again
I rather think our weak midfield was the problem. Higuain tracked back more than Khedira or Pjanic did.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
what about matuidi's recovery? is it even remotely possible that he's in the squad for the 2nd leg?
It's gonna be a race. On Friday (4 days ago) Gazzetta had him out for 30 days, which means he should be back in 26 days or so. We might rush him in and hope for the best.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yeah he'll be back at this stage. Will need match-fitness though.
He probably will be and so will Dybala which is a massive plus
It's gonna be a race. On Friday (4 days ago) Gazzetta had him out for 30 days, which means he should be back in 26 days or so. We might rush him in and hope for the best.
:tup:

i saw that dybala already trained with the team yesterday, but i had no idea about matuidi. it'll be a completely different game then.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

I really don't get it, these are professional athletes who cannot hold concentration or maintain intensity for more than 10 mins? i can accept phases to take your foot off a little but to burn out after 10 mins? wtf are the coaches doing?
You'd think they were sprinting through a marathon hearing that? It's all mental weakness which has become part of the character of this team.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

It's not possible. Simple as that. Must be tactical instructions from the coach.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We're getting eliminated. TOGETHER :lol:
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think they were sprinting through a marathon hearing that? It's all mental weakness which has become part of the character of this team.
I don't recall Conte's Juve lacking intensity to this grand scale

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it I'd have started Matuidi in his current state over khedira still

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
No chance at beating Tottenham in London, its over move on.
No,it's not over yet.But we can't compete about the CL final win.No way.Will be lucky if we eliminate this cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

Merda. I'm Late to the Discussion because I had no reception during the game.

What the fuck happened? It looked as if we were more surprised by our lead than they were.
Nothing is more true.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Matuidi must play at the return leg. Otherwise it will be very hard.

It is not impossible to advance, since their defence is not very good. But we will need a perfect game and Matuidi out there.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I rather think our weak midfield was the problem. Higuain tracked back more than Khedira or Pjanic did.
We just show no desire to win a match against good teams

Play a defensive game and hope to nick it with a goal or two while not conceding

Football has moved on and passed us by, our tactics are just that of an underdog team who are playing a team they know is much better than them

We are Juve not a bunch of bums yet we make Tottenham look like they were Juve playing at home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)