[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Merda. I'm Late to the Discussion because I had no reception during the game.

What the fuck happened? It looked as if we were more surprised by our lead than they were.

Apr 17, 2009
We did have 4 attackers, so no wonder we scored 2 and should have scored 2 more. But this came at the expense of completely losing the midfield and putting our defense under tremendous pressure. Having two in midfield is not a problem per se, as much as the characteristics of those two particular players are.

And props to Tottenham. It's an insult to their midfield and attack to say that the 2:2 was because Juve were bad. Those guys play top football.

When you sit all 11 that deep and invite them on for 30 minutes then you are playing to their strengths. You can't play against good teams and treat them like they are cagliari.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I can't understand why Allegri would go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation tonight after how well the 4-3-3 had been working. The inability to pass out of the back and keep possession as well as the defensive frailties which prompted the switch of formation earlier in the season were evident once again. Wasn't it clear that without the added protection of the 3 man midfield that this defence was shaky? Wasn't it clear that without the extra passing option in midfield and Pjanic playing between two midfielders that we struggle to play out of defence and control possession? I thought these were the reasons we changed from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3. Why on earth would we go back to that system in the most important game of the season so far? How much does Allegri hate Marchisio if he'd rather change the formation that has worked so well in the last 16 games or whatever it was than play 4-3-3 with Marchisio? And then to bring on Bentancur and Sturaro rather than Claudio. Ugh. Max has to take the blame for that performance and result.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Merda. I'm Late to the Discussion because I had no reception during the game.

What the fuck happened? It looked as if we were more surprised by our lead than they were.
Is that really a surprise?

We have a rubbish attack with no attacking gameplan other than random flicks, crosses and long balls now and again

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
As I feared our midfield was completely over run. With a completely different tactical approach and a full strength line up we could beat them next week but neither look likely to happen. In any case, Marchisio needs to play in a three man midfield next week.

Allegri has a complex about phases in games in which his teams both attack and defend, push high and stay deep. It never works against sides that actually have the technique to keep the ball off you. Just give them the chance to control the game and they will. It kills the players confidence to run without the ball for five, ten minutes at a time. But you can still hear it in Bernardeschi's post match:

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo" ... After ten minutes?
Yje fame is svheduled at March 7-th not next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)