[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #542
    We are not defensively strong this season I hope luck is on our side for once in Wembley
    up until today we conceded 1 goal in like 15 games lol

- - - Updated - - -

4-3-3 at Wembley. Costa on the left instead of Mandzukic. Spurs offer no resistance against Costa on that side of the pitch.

Khedira never on the field. Play Sturaro until he picks up a yellow. At least he can cover space and pinch a ball once in 90 minutes.
    This.

Plus Aurier is suspended so I don't know if they can match DC's pace...they couldn't tonight.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    They played like they owned the place. They’re fucking Tottenham, not Barcelona. You don’t allow your adversary to have that much possession.

Having said that at least this result will guarantee we play for the win in London.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    frankly speaking based on tonight's game i dont think 3 man mid would have made that much of a difference.

I'm getting fed up with allegri's love of khedira;
    manbro on the left wing;
    the great 10 mins attacking spell and lets sit back for the remaining 80;
    our lack of a plan B

I Know many here criticised me for what i saw against spurs in pre season but it was literally an identical performance to tonight, all the more pissed off as we were 2-0 up and playing at home.
    :tup:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I thought the performance was largely rubbish, even if Spurs are nothing to write about in defence and we could have been undeservedly a couple of goals up at several points.

Control of the game was lost in midfield. Matuidi is a shocking miss, even more so when Khedira is not even taking part in the game and Pjanic is going through a horrible spell using the ball. It obviously needed another man, Mandzukic played on one leg, and then Allegri swapped it like-for-like when Bentancur and Marchisio are on the bench....

I think basically we didn't have a clue what to do with the lead, and you could see Allegri was furious storming off down the tunnel again, so obviously the players didn't do what he asked. But he takes some blame here when the opponent has a gaping numerical advantage for 90 minutes.

Of course going with the 4-2-3-1 also meant that all four fit attackers had to play and we had no attacking subs left to chase the game, but you can't chase a game with no midfield possession anyway.

To top it off a horror mistake from Buffon. Absolute shocker of a performance all elements considered, but it's football and it happens. I just don't think we have the personnel fit and ready or key players in form to make a serious dent now, the timing of it all is very poor. It'd take a classic performance to go through from this point and the conditions are not there for it. But we're Juve and we'll see.

Getting really sick of Khedira, and I say that as a player who seems like a nice guy and has an awful lot of football intelligence. That's consecutive games I've seen him do a grand total of zero. He offers nothing when the play turns past him, his lack of athleticism is crippling. He hasn't even competed, we could stick a statue of Agnelli in midfield and it would win more balls. Alongside another non-athlete in Pjanic it's almost suicidal in a two-man midfield.

FUCKING THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about fucking time more actually opened their fucking eyes to this than pretending to themselves that he's some sort of God send and saviour. He's not! khedira's performance only confirmed my prediction of how bad he would be tonight.... but but but he scored 3 against sassuolo and had an off day against fiorentina where completed 16! YES 16 passes in 90 mins without any tackles or interceptions...

2nd best midfielder my arse

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    I don't know what the expectations were about champions league this season were but how does anyone expect us to do well when we weaken our side every summer and this will continue this summer we need to spend heavily this summer to have any chance of lifting ucl

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    khedira is normally pretty useful in serie a games as he holds the ball pretty well and he's an accurate passer. also, he's our best mid when it comes to arriving in front of the goal.

the real issue with khedira is that he's like the invisible man when juve doesn't hold the ball. he won't track back, won't go into duels (which is a shame as he's a fairly big guy), won't tackle, and he's painfully slow.

we should absolutely buy at least one classy midfielder in the summer. that's marotta's first and most important homework. we've been missing one proper goal scoring, defending mid since vidal was sold.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    4-3-3 at Wembley. Costa on the left instead of Mandzukic. Spurs offer no resistance against Costa on that side of the pitch.

Khedira never on the field. Play Sturaro until he picks up a yellow. At least he can cover space and pinch a ball once in 90 minutes.
    Dybala needs to play at Wembley, no two ways around it

Apr 19, 2007
    So so so frustrating. Higuain should have had 4 in the first half, Mandzu should have scored his header. Berna could have scored. Yet we find ourselves drawing a game we were 2-0 after 10 mins. Why do we never go for the jugular?
    You mention all those chances that we had and then say we didnt go for it. We were fine we just didnt execute when we needed too. We had all the right chances at the right times in the game and didnt execute. We had every chance to not only win but to make the london trip only a formality. We didnt execute properly from Sandro holding Kane on to the free kick mistake. Dont count us out yet

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    They played like they owned the place. They’re $#@!ing Tottenham, not Barcelona. You don’t allow your adversary to have that much possession.

Having said that at least this result will guarantee we play for the win in London.
    lol we will play for a 0:0 and try long balls for the last 10 mins. This bitchass mentality will always kill us

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I don't really disagree with anything except for the first sentence. 3 man mid would have a big difference and certainly would have not forced two slow fucking CM's to do defensive work like that when they can't. I agree with the oher points.

Oh, our lack of plan B...well, Dybala, Matuidi and Cuadrado all say hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Those wonder games come against 10 man teams or lower table teams.
    If Dybala, matuidi and cuadrado were fit they would have been part of plan A, albeit cuadrado might have been on the bench instead of costa/bernie still wouldn't have changed much I don't think

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #559
    Costa - Higuain - Dybala

Matuidi-Pjanic-marchisio

Sandro - chiellini - Benatia - De Sciglio
    We can only hope we have them back and fit. Cuads would be nice too. We need to be able to attack from both sides which yes, that means one certain player needs to be benched.

Also, can't stress enough the need for a healthy Matuidi and Marchsio. Our build up play will be lightyears better and you won't se a 89 vs 297 pass differential :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)