[CL] Juventus 2-1 Ferencváros [November 24th, 2020] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Selection was wrong, whether it was personnel or approach. Pirlo learned a few things tonight. It was just like a Serie A game against a mid-table team. I was impressed by their fitness and intensity.

By comparison we started like crap and then once we equalised we went back to crap again. That's a mentality issue. Then once the game starts getting desperate and nervy it's a different thing altogether, we lose all ideas and passing gets rushed and sloppy.

I knew we'd get a chance but Morata's off the post went and I kind of gave up at about 87 mins. Morata did well getting his header down into the ground with power but our man in goal did the rest.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
What? He saved them from losing by 4 or 5 goals today.
That doesn’t detract from the fact he made an error from each goal. Also, I only remember him doing well on the Bentancur chance which I would expect any decent keeper to save. He did well to fluff Ronaldo in that 1 on 1 though. What else did he do?

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
My takes from this match:

-Ronaldo is good, but Morata is our most instrumental player right now.
-Thank God De Ligt is back.
-Berna isnt a football player. Sell for a bag of peanuts.
-Cuadrado is slowing us down so God damn much. Takes forever with the ball and then passes back.
-arthur isn't the midfielder we needed... But he wasn't that bad. But we really miss midfielders like Pirlo, Pogba and vidal used to be.
-dybala should take a good look at himself
-we have a lot of work to do

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I’m split between absolute rage at the dreadful performance shown by the team

and

The happiness at finally seeing some grinta for the first time in over 12 months to see us win a game in the dying embers.

let’s focus on the positives!
Was thinking the same, that is the one positive to come out of this. We haven't looked like we have the faith to go and get late goals to change games, hopefully they get a bit of belief from that.

But a woeful performance and a few worrying patterns that don't seem to be improving. Mainly the massive hole behind our midfield when there are turnovers.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
- mistake to rotate our team so much after a wonderful performance at the weekend
- the formation is a mess and on the counter we leave huge gaps
- some of our players are on poor form but it doesn't help when they're in positions where they cannot function like McKinnie
- our shape after the substitutions was horrific, don't slap on triple subs then another two because you've lost all balance

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Was thinking the same, that is the one positive to come out of this. We haven't looked like we have the faith to go and get late goals to change games, hopefully they get a bit of belief from that.

But a woeful performance and a few worrying patterns that don't seem to be improving. Mainly the massive hole behind our midfield when there are turnovers.
Yep. I wonder if that is ever gonna get sorted or just happens to be a part of Pirlo's system.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you know what is the best part of winning matches like this?

is you have a team that will defend with 11 men, inlcuding 5 cbs all game long. only to get the ultimate middle finger and lose an in extra time.

it's a sweet middle finger to their hard work. fuck off back to where u came from

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Game to forget, but at least we won. We’re always having problems playing against a wall, that’s not just Pirlo’s mistake, but I understand if some blame him for today’s performance.
There's alot to blame Pirlo on. GARBAGE lineup, and super exposed on counters, unbalanced midfield with only Arthur doing fuck all. I don't see any real coaching or tactics, just an urgency to attack in numbers.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Another good performance by Cuads. Thought MDL was that TOUGH CB every team wants. And really see an upside with Arthur being that creative guy feeding players for goals. Don't understand how every time we lose possession at midfield opposing team looks like a clear path for a counter goal?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
My takes from this match:

-Ronaldo is good, but Morata is our most instrumental player right now.
-Thank God De Ligt is back.
-Berna isnt a football player. Sell for a bag of peanuts.
-Cuadrado is slowing us down so God damn much. Takes forever with the ball and then passes back.
-arthur isn't the midfielder we needed... But he wasn't that bad. But we really miss midfielders like Pirlo, Pogba and vidal used to be.
-dybala should take a good look at himself
-we have a lot of work to do
Cuadrado’s two assists say hi

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
There's alot to blame Pirlo on. GARBAGE lineup, and super exposed on counters, unbalanced midfield with only Arthur doing fuck all. I don't see any real coaching or tactics, just an urgency to attack in numbers.
He is learning Agnelli took a gamble let us see where it goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)