[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Manchester United [November 7th, 2018] (4 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The result does make a difference. At 1-0 we were guaranteed top spot and wouldn't have had to worry about the CL until Feb. At 1-1, we would've needed 1 point from our remaining two games. Now, we have to win both remaining games, and risk further injuries and suspensions. This is on some players, but definitely on Allegri as well for deploying extreme caution, when there was no need to do so.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Finishing is only part of the reason we lost.

Of course Max is not solely to blame but his decision to go into defense mode and soak up pressure was a poor one
What defense mode? They scored on two freekicks (the second was pure luck). Of course they put more pressure on us since they were about to miss out on qualification. We weren’t playing Frosinone tonight, ffs. The Barzagli substitute didn’t even had an impact on the game. United got very lucky.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Won't lie, don't like how it feels. But there couldn't be a better timing for this to have happened.

This team has an enormous amount of class in it. But at the same time it somehow at times manages to act like a mediocre one. Tonight we saw a perfect example of it in the last 10 minutes of the game. Max is no different in this case - he brought in Barzagli against a quick and physical oppostion who desperately needed to win.

Of course, they will win another game and secure the first place in the group. But they have to really make some changes in their heads. This is just unacceptable for the team who's considered the main favorites of the tournament.

So, there couldn't be a better timing for this to have happened.

Also, it hurts that it happened against MU. And this is a good thing too. Should this have happened against some small team, everyone would just have said "shit happens" and moved on. But performance like this against the opposition like this is a disgrace, and it cannot be just shrugged off. The lesson has finally to be learned ffs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The sad reality is that basically any ball into the box has a chance to go into the net. The chances are multiplied times 100 if the ball is near Bonucci. It's such a clear weakness that I'm shocked teams don't just pepper our box from any point in the final 3rd.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Seriously? I thought this was something we've seen multiple times before.
Yeah, in my soul there are painful reminders too, but with our dominance I just didn't see a LOSS coming tonight. 9 out of 10 we win this, by playing much better.

But we were nonchalant, and we must stop being so god damn cocky.

Apr 29, 2006
I don't believe people don't think it was important. We might slip another time and end up 2nd. Welcome Barca in the next round with our luck and, again, we wouldn't be in 'top form'.

This match was as important as they come. Win here, win the group and concentrate on the league. I haven't seen guys like Kean even make a 88th minute entrance. I guess, we wouldn't soon. Another 2 games for our starters. If we keep things as they are - we will be playing BonBon or buying a midfielder in January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)