[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Ajax have a great team. However, the difference in standing between Juventus and them is clear, and that's what makes embarassing for me.

The most affordable Champions League in years
ye compared to the past where in semis you could face Real,Bayern,Barca or Atletico and Liverpool we had to face one between Tottenham good but nothing special.
Manchester City good but always failing.
If we passed Ajax we had 70% chances to reach the final.
And lose against one between Liverpool or Barcellona

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
In attack? Nah.

If anything we are way too top-heavy, with the team stacked up front, and no one to support them.

Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Dybala, Costa, Bernadeschi, Kean, Cuadrado. We have strikers, secondary strikers, wingers, CAMs all in there. A lot of versatile and excellent attackers.

But that matters little when our midfield can't support them worth a shit, and our defence shits the bed any time Chiellini isn't holding the hand of whoever his partner is.
Yes you have many players for attacking positions. The only consistent one is Ronaldo. That’s a problem.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Ajax have a great team. However, the difference in standing between Juventus and them is clear, and that's what makes embarassing for me.

The most affordable Champions League in years
Ajax will reach the final unfortunately our key players got injured at the wrong time otherwise we would have won this tie

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Yes you have many players for attacking positions. The only consistent one is Ronaldo. That’s a problem.
ideally giving the shitty mid we have and numbers of attackers we had to play 4-2-3-1

Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Pjanic-Emre Can
Cuadrado-Dybala-Douglas Costa
Ronaldo
subs

Perin
De Sciglio-Caceres-Rugani-Spinazzola
Khedira-Bentancur-Matuidi
Bernardeschi-Kean-Mandzukic

Too bad Allegri never tried and we had both Costa and Cuadrado out for months

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ideally giving the shitty mid we have and numbers of attackers we had to play 4-2-3-1

Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Pjanic-Emre Can
Cuadrado-Dybala-Douglas Costa
Ronaldo
subs

Perin
De Sciglio-Caceres-Rugani-Spinazzola
Khedira-Bentancur-Matuidi
Bernardeschi-Kean-Mandzukic

Too bad Allegri never tried and we had both Costa and Cuadrado out for months
Still that’s not much consistent end product from Cuadrado and Costa. Juventus should seek better options.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Still that’s not much consistent end product from Cuadrado and Costa. Juventus should seek better options.
yes but Cuadrado and Costa has something that Bernardeschi,Mandzukic and Dybala don't have.
Pace,dribbling and skills.
Imagine top Cuadrado and Costa form dribbling past Ajax kids like Costa did in Amsterdam.
Literally umiliating them too bad for injuries

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
yes but Cuadrado and Costa has something that Bernardeschi,Mandzukic and Dybala don't have.
Pace,dribbling and skills.
Imagine top Cuadrado and Costa form dribbling past Ajax kids like Costa did in Amsterdam.
Literally umiliating them too bad for injuries
Dribbling is nice. But it doesn’t win matches. Y’all didn’t lose because of dribbling yesterday.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Dribbling = more shots.
dribblings help you creating superiority and chances to do something , not playing a 2km/h with a full set defence helps a lot when wanting to create chances to score
IF you watch the replay we always went on corners side with Candelo or Sandro and be surrounded by 3 players forcing them to either make a blind cross or pass it back.
Never made a counter attack with speed while with Costa ,Cuadrado and Ronaldo you could do that.
But still without pace,speed,dribbling you won't create chances

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
dribblings help you creating superiority and chances to do something , not playing a 2km/h with a full set defence helps a lot when wanting to create chances to score
IF you watch the replay we always went on corners side with Candelo or Sandro and be surrounded by 3 players forcing them to either make a blind cross or pass it back.
Never made a counter attack with speed while with Costa ,Cuadrado and Ronaldo you could do that.
But still without pace,speed,dribbling you won't create chances
It’s all of that, I agree. Though I’ve never seen Cuadrado as a creator in terms of goals or assists. Costa can be very good but there are too many matches where he seems disinterested. To depend on players like that to be a creative force seems not ideal especially with players like Dybala and Ronaldo.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for years and it's time I post something. When players follow the Allegri gameplan competently then they win and can pull off some stunning performances but the problem is that so many players let him down. Juve should've won this but so many poor individuals ruined the gameplan. There is nothing wrong with a defensive approach because if Bonucci and Rugani were competent then Juve should counter and cut through the Ajax defence. As a result Can had to cover defence and the anonymous Miralem. That muppet should have been starting the counter attacks but couldn't even finish the most basic passes.

Fine, defence had a bad game so more midfield energy defending than attacking. So in that case Berna needs to step up and relieve the pressure but he was rubbish so who is getting the ball to the Ronaldo and Dybala? Dybala comes back and is miles away from the goal so do you expect him to dribble all the way and score? Him and Ronaldo got nothing to feed on.

Full backs can't get forward unless the midfield could cover them so they were useless in attack. Cancelo? Horrible performance.

To win the CL you need all players to be on it, if one player dips the others should be able to compensate but we had nobody so the gameplan goes out of the window. Now Allegri could change and shuffle as much as he wants but the outcome would be the same because too many players were poor.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
still whenever I think about Allegri this song comes to mind

"
You know it's kind of hard
Just to get along today
Our subject isn't cool
But he fakes it anyway
He may not have a clue
And he may not have style
But everything he lacks
Well he makes up in denial
So don't debate, a player straight
You know he really doesn't get it anyway
He's gonna play the field, and keep it real
For you no way, for you no way
So if you don't rate, just overcompensate
At least you'll know you can always go on Ricki Lake
The world needs wannabe's
So do that brand new thing
"

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Ancelotti: Ajax won't win CL
Football Italia

Napoli Coach Carlo Ancelotti has confessed that he does not think Ajax can win this season’s Champions League.

Ajax beat Juventus 3-2 on aggregate to reach the Champions League semi-finals but while Ancelotti was full of praise for the Dutch side, he was not expecting them to go all the way.

“Ajax play very good football, but no-one would have guessed that they would have made the semi-finals,” he continued at his Press conference for Thursday’s Europa League quarter-final against Arsenal.

“I don’t think they will win the Champions League, but maybe I’m wrong. They play proactive football, defend individually and profit from one-on-ones. They look to play combinations and are very good at it.”

The 59-year-old was then asked if top players are needed to be successful.

“You need technique and training,” he replied.

“We’ve all been pleasantly impressed by this Ajax side. They’re a team who have always produced great players.

“However, long-term planning is not allowed in Italy because the fans always ask for results.”

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don’t even get angry no more. Why have I changed??? Why!!? Someone please explain.
I'm not that mad either. You know why? Not some melodramatic horseshit about us losing so much or us being cursed, but I know I personally never really thought we were going to win this year. If you look at how we played all season, we never seemed to gel or have any cohesive plan. We knew last summer that we needed to improve the midfield and a bit on the defense, but we didn't. So we saw all the formation changes to try and compensate, edging out wins in the league as a result. And then all the injuries on top of it. The only logical conclusion from this is that we would struggle. That is what I meant when I said this and got shit for it, the squad wasn't put together in an optimal way. After the second leg against Atletico I thought "hmm, maybe," but we followed it up with more of the previous play so it proved to be a fluke.

Tuz has a habit of alluding to some magic second gear that we will suddenly kick into for Champions League games when necessary. It just doesn't work like that.

It is what it is, and it's done now. Now we will get up, dust ourselves off, and put the past behind us as we wait for summer so we can try again next year. We will win this tournament again.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
This is known. Happens every year. Maybe players only need therapy?
I'm sure Allegri and the players had a plan last night and tried to impose their game like the one against AM which show in the first 30 minutes when Juve pressed hard and Ajax barely touch the ball but as soon as they scored, Juve players just lost their head and the momentum shifted toward Ajax. Sadly the only way to fix this mental problem is by winning trophy in Europe

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
All emotions aside, here's what's going to happen next: nothing.

If you want, this season still can be - and will be, no doubts about that, - interpreted and represented as the successful one. The board will surely take this position.

1. Serie A. It was the main objective set before the season. Objective complete. This alone is enough for them to say that the season was great.

2. Champions League. Juventus got to quarter-finals, so they will surely say that it means that the club is among the best 8 clubs in Europe. Hey, look at Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, Atletico - they all were unable to do this, and the latter club failed because they met Juventus. Also, the luck is the key factor in UCL - look at PSG, they played much better than Man Utd, but it didn't help. So, don't tell us that it's all about the beautiful football, it's not!

3. Domestic cup. Meh, who cares about it anyway.

That's how they will see it. Add to it presumably good financial results, and you'll get no reason for any significant changes in how this club is managed.

If we want to avoid constant unnecessary frustration and disappointment, we should adjust our expectations to the club management's vision. Because it won't change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)