[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (9 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
All emotions aside, here's what's going to happen next: nothing.

If you want, this season still can be - and will be, no doubts about that, - interpreted and represented as the successful one. The board will surely take this position.

1. Serie A. It was the main objective set before the season. Objective complete. This alone is enough for them to say that the season was great.

2. Champions League. Juventus got to quarter-finals, so they will surely say that it means that the club is among the best 8 clubs in Europe. Hey, look at Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, Atletico - they all were unable to do this, and the latter club failed because they met Juventus. Also, the luck is the key factor in UCL - look at PSG, they played much better than Man Utd, but it didn't help. So, don't tell us that it's all about the beautiful football, it's not!

3. Domestic cup. Meh, who cares about it anyway.

That's how they will see it. Add to it presumably good financial results, and you'll get no reason for any significant changes in how this club is managed.

If we want to avoid constant unnecessary frustration and disappointment, we should adjust our expectations to the club management's vision. Because it won't change.
Champions League is an obsession

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
All emotions aside, here's what's going to happen next: nothing.

If you want, this season still can be - and will be, no doubts about that, - interpreted and represented as the successful one. The board will surely take this position.

1. Serie A. It was the main objective set before the season. Objective complete. This alone is enough for them to say that the season was great.

2. Champions League. Juventus got to quarter-finals, so they will surely say that it means that the club is among the best 8 clubs in Europe. Hey, look at Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, Atletico - they all were unable to do this, and the latter club failed because they met Juventus. Also, the luck is the key factor in UCL - look at PSG, they played much better than Man Utd, but it didn't help. So, don't tell us that it's all about the beautiful football, it's not!

3. Domestic cup. Meh, who cares about it anyway.

That's how they will see it. Add to it presumably good financial results, and you'll get no reason for any significant changes in how this club is managed.

If we want to avoid constant unnecessary frustration and disappointment, we should adjust our expectations to the club management's vision. Because it won't change.
Last time this happened we signed Ronaldo. So maybe something will change? You guys have short memories.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ancelotti: Ajax won't win CL
Football Italia

Napoli Coach Carlo Ancelotti has confessed that he does not think Ajax can win this season’s Champions League.

Ajax beat Juventus 3-2 on aggregate to reach the Champions League semi-finals but while Ancelotti was full of praise for the Dutch side, he was not expecting them to go all the way.

“Ajax play very good football, but no-one would have guessed that they would have made the semi-finals,” he continued at his Press conference for Thursday’s Europa League quarter-final against Arsenal.

“I don’t think they will win the Champions League, but maybe I’m wrong. They play proactive football, defend individually and profit from one-on-ones. They look to play combinations and are very good at it.”

The 59-year-old was then asked if top players are needed to be successful.

“You need technique and training,” he replied.

“We’ve all been pleasantly impressed by this Ajax side. They’re a team who have always produced great players.

“However, long-term planning is not allowed in Italy because the fans always ask for results.”

Lol. I love this comment from Ancelotti. Casually kills all hope Ajax have while pretending to give a compliment.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Last time this happened we signed Ronaldo. So maybe something will change? You guys have short memories.
I doubt that it was a direct response to another CL failure. They used the unique opportunity they were offered to use, and they did it at the price of not buying the midfielder and the defender they needed.

They were aware that with such midfield it would be impossible to win the trophy. Maybe, they plan on winning it in several years, and CR7 was only the first step in that direction. That's what I'm talking about - we misunderstand their intentions and strategy.

Sep 13, 2015
I doubt that it was a direct response to another CL failure. They used the unique opportunity they were offered to use, and they did it at the price of not buying the midfielder and the defender they needed.

They were aware that with such midfield it would be impossible to win the trophy. Maybe, they plan on winning it in several years, and CR7 was only the first step in that direction. That's what I'm talking about - we misunderstand their intentions and strategy.
We did exactly the same thing with Hugain without improving the midfield first so we still haven't learned if you analyze our pattern of signing free agents.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Getting the club to a level where you don't depend much on CL income should be the immediate goal. Anything else would be very short term planning. Agnelli knows this well, and I trust him to move the club in the right direction.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:tup:
Love your posts lately.

We already know we’re massively ahead of the schedule the board had initially set back at the start of the Conte-Marotta era, which was a 5 year plan to get back to the top of Serie A. We did that immediately and then immediately leapt into European contenders when we hired Allegri... our revenue however, has still not caught up to the results, and that’s the last step in getting us to the point where we can build that team with world class players in their prime in every starting XI spot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They were aware that with such midfield it would be impossible to win the trophy. .

Agreed with rest but with this you giving them too much credit or leeway, they been ignoring midfield for 3-4 seasons now. At first they didnt plan on going all the way for CL, but they have been seeing as the goal for a while now and still ignoring the midfield. Because they genuinely think this is enough, its not just budgetary reasons but priorities, they been hung on attacking options much more lately.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It was written on the wall when we lost home to Manure and Young Boys. No team has lost two group games and won CHL in very same year. But same folks said who cares we still topped the group. We had winter transfer window to solve our problems. Just fucking pay the money Arsenal asked for Ramsey 20m max. On contrary Benatia left because he wasnt given enough playing time.

Allegri has to go no two ways about it. Give Kean, Costa playing time as much as possible. Find a buyer for Bentancur even for Emre Can if offer comes. Same goes for Matuidi but no team will pay for him. I hope City wins and Pep comes along with Gundogan and one creative player from them.

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
I'm happy we've lost to Ajax,team much hungrier and full with live!Because surely Barca and City will trash us heavily.The team pay the price for hard drained Calcio season..what else Douglas,Dybala,Khedira,Rugani living poor mercenary season,must goo!

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
you giving them too much credit or leeway, they been ignoring midfield for 3-4 seasons now
That's actually the reason why I came to the conclusion that they know what they do. It's possible to make such a mistake once, it's silly to make it twice, but it's not a mistake but rather a plan if it's made thrice. They are smart people knowing what they are doing and almost always getting what they plan to get.

I completely agree with what @Post Ironic wrote earlier, this current CL contenders story wasn't planned, it was a mega-bonus the strategy they're sticking to yielded. Of course, once it became real, they started to talk about winning the trophy, why not. But it's not like they already reached the point when they planned to be competitive in this tournament, and failed.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Ancelotti: Ajax won't win CL
Football Italia

Napoli Coach Carlo Ancelotti has confessed that he does not think Ajax can win this season’s Champions League.

Ajax beat Juventus 3-2 on aggregate to reach the Champions League semi-finals but while Ancelotti was full of praise for the Dutch side, he was not expecting them to go all the way.

“Ajax play very good football, but no-one would have guessed that they would have made the semi-finals,” he continued at his Press conference for Thursday’s Europa League quarter-final against Arsenal.

“I don’t think they will win the Champions League, but maybe I’m wrong. They play proactive football, defend individually and profit from one-on-ones. They look to play combinations and are very good at it.”

The 59-year-old was then asked if top players are needed to be successful.

“You need technique and training,” he replied.

“We’ve all been pleasantly impressed by this Ajax side. They’re a team who have always produced great players.

“However, long-term planning is not allowed in Italy because the fans always ask for results.”
Irrelevant. He should focus more on how to qualify his team against Arsenal. Ajax outplayed the team that is beating his team every year to the Scudetto. Ajax can win the CL. All the teams left in the competition have a chance while the Italian masterminds keep analyzing football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
You just have to learn from what Ajax have done and are doing. We, Italians, and everyone at Juve need to learn how important it is to have a style of play. It can be any style of play, defensive, offensive, but you need to have clear ideas. Juve taking any player on a free or cheap deal without working him into the fixed setup is a mistake IMO.

We need to have a Juve DNA. A way we are playing. And then, after we have established a style of play, can we look for specific players that will fill in this role with traits and abilities. Not everybody cares about tactics and beautiful play. Many, especially in this club, care for one thing only. Winning. And while that's a beautiful phrase and belief, it's not sustainable in todays football world.

Look at the remaining teams in this competition.

They have one thing in common: A very straight forward tactical setup.
Any pro player in the world will be able to see himself in a role at either Barca, Liverpool, Tottenham or Ajax. It's that simple. If Liverpool were to sell Salah this summer, they'll just find a replacement and continue to play just as they did it before. And they will be successful about it.

Problem with Allegri, the tactical mastermind, is that the players don't get it.
It pisses Allegri off to see them do it in a way they're not supposed to, but adapting and changing for ANY opponent is just asking A LOT of your players, and you will sacrifice the physical one for the tactical ones. Rugani might get an a+ in tactics class, but he is a c or b+ in physicals. We need a simple plan, so that we can sign and utilize young physical talents and rebuild this team.

We need a coach with clear ideas. A coach that will be given time and trust to take us on a path. Not shuffle around all the time like Allegri does it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I like how now all the preacher of flair and fancy surface to come bitch about "offensive identity"

Right.

Fix the midfield and bring back Chiellini of Barzagli 3 years ago, and we arent talking about some "offensive identity", cause it cant get out of their back pocket.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I like how now all the preacher of flair and fancy surface to come bitch about "offensive identity"

Right.

Fix the midfield and bring back Chiellini of Barzagli 3 years ago, and we arent talking about some "offensive identity", cause it cant get out of their back pocket.
You need to do that as well. And a better midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)