[CL] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lyon [2nd November, 2016] (2 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not quite sure I understand. Where's the problem?

EDIT: Just to confirm, you know that this has absolutely no effect on our standing in Serie A, right?
I understand. We only played second string teams in Serie A and played relegations teams without momentum.

EDIT: Just to confirm, you know that this has absolutely no effect on our standing in the Champions League, right?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's a mental thing more than anything else, we can coast in Serie A, it's become a habit. We now struggle to get out of 3rd gear.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
I understand. We only played second string teams in Serie A and played relegations teams without momentum.

EDIT: Just to confirm, you know that this has absolutely no effect on our standing in the Champions League, right?
Ahhh, I see the source of confusion. You see my boy, you're of the misguided opinion that our standing in the Champions League matters. This is a silly, albeit understandable sentiment.

Surely you must recognize we have as much chance of winning the Champions League as Milan do of winning Serie A. We are incapable of putting in a decent (decent = not embarrassing) performance against anyone with a balanced midfield, let alone a world-class midfield. We lose to the like of Milan and Inter, surely you can't expect us to take on the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona, etc? Not with Hernanes and Pjanic as our star attacking forces, surely not?

The only thing we have in stored for us in CL are humiliating defeats which might hamper the squad's morale. Better to exit early, dominate the league, and wait for the board to salvage our squad with transfers next summer.

REMEMBER: We will win the league! Why can't you just be happy about that? As Allegri brilliantly put it, we have 27 points in the league, how can you argue we aren't doing well in light of that?!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I disagree. The teams looks tired and without a well functioning gameplan.
Oh definitely that as well. The midfield struggles, it will look better with Claudio getting to 100 percent but we have no players that can change the rhythm of the team there. Claudio can but Khedira and Pjanic cannot. I think we need to move to 2 in the midfield, Khedira and Marchisio. Pjanic needs a free role, I'd be tempted to try the 4 3 2 1 with Cuadrado and Pjanic there as well.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Ahhh, I see the source of confusion. You see my boy, you're of the misguided opinion that our standing in the Champions League matters. This is a silly, albeit understandable sentiment.

Surely you must recognize we have as much chance of winning the Champions League as Milan do of winning Serie A. We are incapable of putting in a decent (decent = not embarrassing) performance against anyone with a balanced midfield, let alone a world-class midfield. We lose to the like of Milan and Inter, surely you can't expect us to take on the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona, etc? Not with Hernanes and Pjanic as our star attacking forces, surely not?

The only thing we have in stored for us in CL are humiliating defeats which might hamper the squad's morale. Better to exit early, dominate the league, and wait for the board to salvage our squad with transfers next summer.

REMEMBER: We will win the league! Why can't you just be happy about that? As Allegri brilliantly put it, we have 27 points in the league, how can you argue we aren't doing well in light of that?!
Ahhh, I see the source of confusion. You see my boy, you're of the misguided conception that this is the true colour of our team. We looked just as horrible last year, but turned around things, when the important half of the season started. Then we managed to complety outplay Bayern for 70 minutes, in Münich, with almost half the team injured and Hernanes starting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:baus:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It's a mental thing more than anything else, we can coast in Serie A, it's become a habit. We know struggle to get out of 3rd gear.
This is exactly what it is. We take a lead in the league and then we try to coast and in the long run it will hurt of especially in the CL.

Take a look at the teams who have won the Cl in the last 10 years. Barca, Bayern and Madrid go out and thrash teams and score as much as they can, they are relentless. There are so many benefits from this that i wont even waste my time explaining because they are soobvious.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I may not agree 100%, but I like this guy already. :D

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
This is exactly what it is. We take a lead in the league and then we try to coast and in the long run it will hurt of especially in the CL.

Take a look at the teams who have won the Cl in the last 10 years. Barca, Bayern and Madrid go out and thrash teams score as much as they can and they are relentless. There are so many benefits from.this i wont even waste my time explaining because they are obvious.
:agree:

I cant believe I wrote know instead of now.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not talking big name, but a reliable good player who can run. And when it comes to Pjanic, it's pretty much like Pirlo. He needs someone he runs their asses off for him.

I remember the horrible Capello years. We looked like superhumans during the first half of the season and sucked during the second + it wasn't pleasing to watch.
False dichotomy you got there. The team can start good enough to easily finish off its group and then turns great in the second half of the season. No reason to suck at the start.

Also no reason to suppose that sucking at the start = becoming great in the second half. There are teams that can suck at the start and in the end.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
False dichotomy you got there. The team can start good enough to easily finish off its group and then turns great in the second half of the season. No reason to suck at the start.

Also no reason to suppose that sucking at the start = becoming great in the second half. There are teams that can suck at the start and in the end.
It's not me who's setting up this dichotomy. I just use the same arguments as the angry mob. You haven't noticed that I rarely discuss substance, but mostly the debate about the debate?

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Ahhh, I see the source of confusion. You see my boy, you're of the misguided conception that this is the true colour of our team. We looked just as horrible last year, but turned around things, when the important half of the season started. Then we managed to complety outplay Bayern for 70 minutes, in Münich, with almost half the team injured and Hernanes starting.
The way you speak about it, it's almost like our show with Bayern Munich wasn't an absolute embarrassment :lol::lol:

You realize that after those 70 minutes, during which we lacked the quality to KILL the match, we got hammered 4-2? Here are a few more facts about that match:

1) We took the lead with a world class midfielder we had in our ranks, one who no longer plays for us, Paul Pogba.
2) Our second goal was made possible by a world-class run from our box to Bayern's, where 5 world-class Bayern players were taken out of the equation, made by another player who no longer plays for us, Morata.
3) After being 0-2 up, and going down by 3-2, the embarrassment was completed by a player we loaned out to Bayern - as if we have WC players to spare and we can just loan skillful players out like it's nobody's business :lol::lol:

I'd rather avoid a repeat of that, thanks. This year's team lacks that quality, losing 4-2 to Bayern would be an ABSOLUTE HONOR with this year's squad. They're better off sticking to Serie A and grinding out wins against "mediocre and relegation teams with no momentum", as you so accurately described it. This isn't a squad made for European excellence.

Not a squad made for excellence of any kind, mind you. It's a squad made for "Our league is pretty terrible, let's just mess around with the team and see what happens. Not like we're gonna lose the title or anything."

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The way you speak about it, it's almost like our show with Bayern Munich wasn't an absolute embarrassment :lol::lol:

You realize that after those 70 minutes, during which we lacked the quality to KILL the match, we got hammered 4-2? Here are a few more facts about that match:

1) We took the lead with a world class midfielder we had in our ranks, one who no longer plays for us, Paul Pogba.
2) Our second goal was made possible by a world-class run from our box to Bayern's, where 5 world-class Bayern players were taken out of the equation, made by another player who no longer plays for us, Morata.
3) After being 0-2 up, and going down by 3-2, the embarrassment was completed by a player we loaned out to Bayern - as if we have WC players to spare and we can just loan skillful players out like it's nobody's business :lol::lol:

I'd rather avoid a repeat of that, thanks. This year's team lacks that quality, losing 4-2 to Bayern would be an ABSOLUTE HONOR with this year's squad. They're better off sticking to Serie A and grinding out wins against "mediocre and relegation teams with no momentum", as you so accurately described it. This isn't a squad made for European excellence.

Not a squad made for excellence of any kind, mind you. It's a squad made for "Our league is pretty terrible, let's just mess around with the team and see what happens. Not like we're gonna lose the title or anything."
It was pathetic the way we lost, but way to go on leaving out nuances. We should have been up 4-0 and can only blame ourselves. When it went to extra time, it's was clear who the winner was going to be simply because of the way the subs went. You're a clever troll, though.

- - - Updated - - -

And let us stop. I'm not one of the happy defenders.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I don't understand why you're all so upset. This brings us one step closer to either (a) not qualifying to the next round, or (b) qualifying as second and being certain we'll get knocked out by whichever group winner we get in the draw.

This means our pesky little CL story ends early, and we can go back to grinding out wins against comically terrible teams in Serie A (occasionally losing to the likes of Milan and Inter, but we can always claim that it was due to a refereeing error, a poorly kept pitch, or someone having the flu) and the brain deads here can go back to saying things like "See? We win. We are God. Where are all those criticizers now?!?"

It's a win-win for everyone. Serie A is easy. Safe. We can play there forever and never have to face the inconvenient truth that we have a one-dimensional squad forged by a one-dimensional coach, and that we have gradually degraded our squad over the past two/three years to the point where we now lack the quality required to mount a serious challenge for any title other than Serie A.

EDIT: Also, Coppa Italia. We can definitely still win Coppa Italia. FORZA MISTER! DAI DAI DAI
:tup:

bringing down the hammer of truth to the sugar_ass_coaters.

fuck this loser mentality

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
It was pathetic the way we lost, but way to go on leaving out nuances. We should have been up 4-0 and can only blame ourselves. When it went to extra time, it's was clear who the winner was going to be simply because of the way the subs went. You're a clever troll, though.

- - - Updated - - -

And let us stop. I'm not one of the happy defenders.
"For in Denmark, there is one thing we have known for centuries. To get a troll to come out of hiding...you must say It's name."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)