[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (12 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Monaco's gameplan in the first half was spot on. Isolated their pacey strikers behind our full backs directly against the two slower centre backs on quite a few occasions.

There were three excellent through balls in this game for the three best chances. Marchisio's cross to Tevez at the back post, tevez' ball with the outside foot to Vidal who skied it and Pirlo's pass for the penalty.

Good level of patience shown in the second half and a solid result, still must work on defending set pieces though as it's clearly an unresolved problem. Need to hide Bonucci somewhere other than our own 6 yard box.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
We will definitely score there.Definitely.They play better away.Now saw the highlights.I still can't believe how Tevez and Vidal missed.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
An excellent result and one that should give us confidence to finish Monaco off, providing we can clock an away goal and force them to score three.

Vidal had a very good match apart from the odd sloppy pass, Marchisio was tireless, all defenders did well enough and of course it was very nice to see Pirlo back to give our possessional play some composure.

I feared the worst when the penalty was awarded. AV has not had his shooting boots on for some time. I could barely watch him take the penalty kick.

Monaco have the ability to counterattack at a very fast tempo. Very impressed with several of their players. I think we should court Martial. He looks the real deal

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Is it true that we have lost all our matches in the CL in France?

Great rule on the yellow card by the way, let's avoid cards there too and secure a place in the semis.
I've checked it and it seems to be true, but we have also never lost a knock-out phase match up against a French team. Both trends can continue for all I care.

My heart may give up though.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight. Start of the game gave me few scares but the team reacted well, looked more composed as the game went on, dominating in the middle, stretching their defense. It seemed inevitable that we'll put one past Subašić at some point, considering the amount of pressure we applied on the their backline. Would prefer it if we start the away game with 3-5-2, as this formation gives us the right balance and we don't risk as much, especially with Pirlo in our team.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight. Start of the game gave me few scares but the team reacted well, looked more composed as the game went on, dominating in the middle, stratching their defense. It seemed inevitable that we'll put one past Subašić at some point, considering the amount of pressure we applied on the their backline. Would prefer it if we started the away game with 3-5-2, as this formation gives us the right balance and we don't risk as much, especially with Pirlo in our team.
Inevitable is quite a stretch

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
From that angle it's not the clipping that caused the foul, but the pushing which lead to Morata clipping his own feet.
this.
I still can't understand how Tevez and Vidal lately missed that chances.Especially Tevez.Maybe he did not expect the ball.But still I can't believe .Tevez scores usually from far difficult situations.And that Morata voley.Gigi is still a magician.What a save.We played badly for the first 20 minutes ,they press us very high but after that we were better.
Unbelievable misses....really.super chances.
An excellent result and one that should give us confidence to finish Monaco off, providing we can clock an away goal and force them to score three.

Vidal had a very good match apart from the odd sloppy pass, Marchisio was tireless, all defenders did well enough and of course it was very nice to see Pirlo back to give our possessional play some composure.

I feared the worst when the penalty was awarded. AV has not had his shooting boots on for some time. I could barely watch him take the penalty kick.

Monaco have the ability to counterattack at a very fast tempo. Very impressed with several of their players. I think we should court Martial. He looks the real deal
Agree.
Not our best match,but very good result.
And you have to gice Monaco credit,their defence is really good,they tight and organised at the back.their numbers don't lie.
Now we should go there and play relaxed,counter-attacking them,to hit them at least 1.
if we'll score once,it's over and we'll make it to the semis.:touched:

Imo 3-5-2 is the way to play there,without Pirlo.
Forza Juve!!

Dec 24, 2012
Monaco's gameplan in the first half was spot on. Isolated their pacey strikers behind our full backs directly against the two slower centre backs on quite a few occasions.

There were three excellent through balls in this game for the three best chances. Marchisio's cross to Tevez at the back post, tevez' ball with the outside foot to Vidal who skied it and Pirlo's pass for the penalty.

Good level of patience shown in the second half and a solid result, still must work on defending set pieces though as it's clearly an unresolved problem. Need to hide Bonucci somewhere other than our own 6 yard box.
You forgot Pirlo's pass to Morata early on, who also skied it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)