[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (7 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014
Jardim complaining about the penalty,a question for him; Better a red card(Carvalho)and a free kick from Pirlo in 54' or a penalty and a yellow card? I would prefer the first one,and the end result would be 3-0.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We won off a non-penalty in the end. Buffon saved the day early on, when it was like 5 or 6 on 2, their player still got the shot away and should've scored. We missed easy chances.

A win's a win and it's good to have not conceded, but Monaco would be quite confident in the second leg after what they've seen from us in the first.

Dec 24, 2012
A win's a win and it's good to have not conceded, but Monaco would be quite confident in the second leg after what they've seen from us in the first.
Don't think that's necessarily true, what weighed us down was largely the pressure of being the favorites and having to break down a very good defensive side. Now they'll have to sail into uncharted waters when the pressure is on them to score, and we can conceivably just sit back and give them the Dortmund treatment with counterattacks.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Great result altough we should've had at least 2 goals. One goal at the return game and we are fine. I cant see them scoring 3 goals.

The ref had a great game, it must be said. Clear PK, the contact happened outside but it continued inside.

MOtM is between Buffon and Evra. Vidal did also great, but that miss... Lich and Tevez were horrible.

Kudos to Monaco, solid game. They are limited though.. Tough defence and a solid counter attacks are their only weapons. They will need to attack in the return leg, so i can easily see a Dortmund scenario. Its not finished though. Still 90 minutes left, but i am confident.

Forza Juve!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We won off a non-penalty in the end. Buffon saved the day early on, when it was like 5 or 6 on 2, their player still got the shot away and should've scored. We missed easy chances.

If this is what you take from this match, you're being ridiculous. That's a clear red card for last man, and preventing a goalscoring opportunity with a foul. Everyone has said it's a foul, even Monaco players. So clear red. So Monaco would have been down to 10 men for 40 minutes, and missing Carvalho for the return leg, which is far worse than a penalty. We might have won 2/3-0 if the red was given with a free kick. Pirlo scores from there all the time. Perfect location.

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014

F$#@ their confidence,we will crush them,end of the story.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
If this is what you take from this math, you're being ridiculous. That's a clear red card for last man, and preventing a goalscoring opportunity with a foul. Everyone has said it's a foul, even Monaco players. So clear red. So Monaco would have been down to 10 men for 40 minutes, and missing Carvalho for the return leg, which is far worse than a penalty. We might have won 2/3-0 if the red was given with a free kick. Pirlo scores from there all the time. Perfect location.
I really don't believe it was a foul. He had his eyes on the ball and their legs got a bit tangled meaning they both went down. It did prevent Morata from a goal scoring opportunity but that's footy.

If that was a penalty then so was Chiellini's defending in the first half.

Anyway, we won, by the skin of our teeth.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I really like your posts usually, but you are so biased towards Pirlo :D
True. Pirlo is one of the players I enjoy watching the most. He does things that very few players can do. Marchisio does well what a lot of players can do well.

Today Marchisio did some running some defending and some passes. Pirlo made THE pass. No one else can do what he does and thats the reward for playing someone like him.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
2-0 would have been nicer but even Tevez can have a bad day. him and Pereyra looked really tired in the second half. everyone did well except maybe Lichtsteiner who didn't get past Kurzawa once. Pirlo was okay considering his match fitness. I liked how Allegri switched to 3-5-2 when Monaco ditched their formation, gave us even more stability at the back. somehow we look way better in a 3-5-2 with Marchisio nowadays. funny since it was built around Pirlo initially.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I really don't believe it was a foul. He had his eyes on the ball and their legs got a bit tangled meaning they both went down. It did prevent Morata from a goal scoring opportunity but that's footy.

That's a penalty 99/100 times. The forward is through on goal, it absolutely doesn't matter where you are looking, you can't run into his back and knock him. You're supposed to be aware of where you are so you don't foul the forward. And clearly you see Carvalho look at Morata, and then look back towards the ball before they make contact. An experienced move by a defender to try to make the contact look more incidental. Even Monaco's players said "it's without a doubt a foul"... They didn't even protest the foul, they protested its location. Obvious foul. Stop being ridiculous. If the opposing team is calling it a clear foul too, you'd have to be a retard to argue that.

Chiellini's? No one even protested it. No one mentioned it. Both players put their arm across the other. If anything Martial fouled Chiellini first as his arm went across Chiellini first, and impeded Chiellini, which caused Chiellini reach across Martial.

We didn't win by the skin of our teeth. We allowed two chances all game, and had four great chances ourselves. Law of averages says we deserved to win. We had more chances, and better ones.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
If this is what you take from this match, you're being ridiculous. That's a clear red card for last man, and preventing a goalscoring opportunity with a foul. Everyone has said it's a foul, even Monaco players. So clear red. So Monaco would have been down to 10 men for 40 minutes, and missing Carvalho for the return leg, which is far worse than a penalty. We might have won 2/3-0 if the red was given with a free kick. Pirlo scores from there all the time. Perfect location.
Is there any quotes of the comments? I cant find them..

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014
youre gonna have to do something about your username. scudetto 33 is in the bag already :pepedinho:
yeah, but there are 102 reasons why 32 will remain the most special ;)

- - - Updated - - -

except you , no one else is saying so...and in the case of Chiellini its called "shoulder to shoulder" ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)