[CL] JUVENTUS 0-3 Real Madrid [April 3rd 2018] (4 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
This is not a MELTDOWN on a TUZ.This is the biggest humiliation possible!
In a less than a year we were humiliated by a three goals.This evening on our own turf!!!!
I will "enjoy" the "usual"$#@!ty defending of the usual "expert" members.Anyway,this is humiliation.Very clear.A league bellow them.A pure shame!.Yhink what you want I just don't $#@!ing care.A pure humiliation.
There's no excuse. This is the maximum for this squad. We are not good enough. I don't see us becoming good enough soon. We are far behind the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern and perhaps even City. Last year we won vs Barca that was in one of the worst shapes in recent years. They lost 4-0 to PSG. Before that we won vs Real with the docile Ancelotti. And now all of Real, Barca and Bayern has their shyt together and we don't stand a chance vs them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Between 0-1 and 0-2 we were playing okay. The defense was really embarrassing, it's not even good for Serie A level.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
To sum it up: we need money, and lots of it. Stepping back and looking at things, we do very well for our income. Look at the names above us in the Deloitte Money League and how amazingly stupid most of them are. I'm hoping our success isn't mostly down to our veterans though, or else we're in serious trouble.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
OK. Its hard to extract positives out of this but here are my 2 cents on the positives and negatives:

Positive:

1) Ironically, I thought this was the best game we played all season in terms of the build up play. We created several chances and blundered many half chances in the final phase.

2) Bentancur. Big stage for him and I think he did pretty well and he will grow a lot from this.

3) Khedira was our best player in midfield. He showed a lot of character.

4) Higuain played very well and was unlucky not to score.

5) Allegri actually got his tactics right. But it was one of those evenings where the coach mattered less and small incidents make all the difference.

Negatives:

1) Dybala. He did not have an atrocious game but this is the sort of game you would expect him to go up a notch. The red card only magnified things.

2) Defence. At the end of the day poor marking by Barzagli on the first goal and the Chiellini mistake led to the opening for the 2nd goal.

3) Buffon. Sorry to say it, but I think its best to phase in Szcezny now. I know its sacrilage but he is slowly becoming a liability. His saves are overemphasized as people say and wow he is 40 years old etc while his mistakes are generally glossed over.

---

Just like how Juventus can keep winning in Serie A by playing badly and getting the result, Real Madrid do the same in the champions league. For several years they manage to grind their way to the final and they know how to win it year in year out. Ronaldo & Messi keep making the difference in Europe - it is getting a little tiring but nobody can deny his brilliance.

I also have to give credit to the crowd for applauding Ronaldo - it felt like destiny as after Del Piero got applauded in Madrid it would happen the other way around. Good to see.

---

Honestly, I don't think we require revolution. Benatia was sorely missed in this game and having Pjanic there to take some of those free kicks may have also come in handy. This team only requires NOT losing any champions (Dybala included) while adding a few important reinforcements particularly for the midfield and ageing defence.

- - - Updated - - -

Between 0-1 and 0-2 we were playing okay. The defense was really embarrassing, it's not even good for Serie A level.
I don't think the defence was "embarassing". We played a much more offensive game (partly forced to due to the early goal conceded to sluggish marking). Our weaknesses in defence are not that apparent when we played a more conservative game. Here we had no choice. Although Allegri did his best to balance the attack with defence, our weaknesses at the back all of a sudden become more apparent in these types of games. The fact that we conceded almost as many goals in the champions league compared to the league in only a fraction of the games tells this story loud and clear.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There's no excuse. This is the maximum for this squad. We are not good enough. I don't see us becoming good enough soon. We are far behind the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern and perhaps even City. Last year we won vs Barca that was in one of the worst shapes in recent years. They lost 4-0 to PSG. Before that we won vs Real with the docile Ancelotti. And now all of Real, Barca and Bayern has their shyt together and we don't stand a chance vs them.
I agree that this Barca was very vulnerable but I dont think that Madrid we beat was weak at all. We were much better than we are now.

So yes they got their shit together and that makes it hard but we lost our shit as well.

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
We've been on a decline since 2015, that team was still the best team we had and was our best chance to win it, we've been on a steady decline ever since, by selling our best players every season and mangement simply trying to mask it by buying overated washed up players like higuain and matuidi,

I am FUCKING TIRED of being the embarssments of Europe, tired of it, and this fucking mangement needs to do something about it for once, and not just hide behind the fact we will win the scudetti for the next 10 years to come, which means NOTHING

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
All in all it really comes down to the midfield. In any football competition, it's the midfield that makes you or breaks you. Although Khedira and Bentancur did pretty well today, they are nowhere near the level of the opponents in other top European teams. Even if we had Pjanic out there, our midfield simply cannot compete with the midfields of top tier teams.

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
I agree that this Barca was very vulnerable but I dont think that Madrid we beat was weak at all. We were much better than we are now.

So yes they got their $#@! together and that makes it hard but we lost our $#@! as well.
Dude, we are NO WHERE near what we were then, no where near, how could you POSSIBLY think we are a better team than we were in 2015???????
Our Defense was better
Our mid, was MILES better
Our attack, Yes, in MY opinion, Tevez-morata is better than Higuain-Dybala IN EUROPE. Tevez and Morata both showed up in big games, something these 2 find difficulty in doing.

Let's not forget, that Madrid side we played was plagued with injuries, including Modric, and even had Ramos starting in CM, we are no where close to winning in Europe, 2015 was our best shot, 2017 we blew it, and now this is just a massive joke now, but who cares? THe manegment and deluded fans will just hide behind the fact that we won yet ANOTHER scudetto, like anyone gives a fuck, will we EVER stop being the laughing stocks of europe?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Im suprised at the level of meltdown here.

We made a small mistake for the first goal then we dominated them for the next hour. Poor finishing let us down. Pjanic over them free kicks, a healthy Berna/ Cuads instead of Alex sandro and it could of been a different story.

Bentancur was fucking amazing for a player of his age and experience he bossed midfield, he was breaking down madrids play, winning balls and driving us forward with great runs, dribbling and passing.

Chiellini's tragic mistake cost us the game. Dybala's red card killed the tie. Two unusual events.

Then theres Ronaldo and the sheer quality this Madrid team has in every position.

Fuck up and quit crying there was no shame in how we played tonight we were beating by one of the greatest teams of all time and we gave it a good fight with a bit of luck we could of had a positive result.

I remember how bad it hurt when we came back from serie B finishing 7th while Inter looked unstoppable. Madrids cycle will end... our time will come.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Im suprised at the level of meltdown here.

We made a small mistake for the first goal then we dominated them for the next hour. Poor finishing let us down. Pjanic over them free kicks, a healthy berna/ cuads instead of Alex sandro and it coukd be a different story.

Bentancur was $#@!ing amazing fir a player of his age and experience he bossed he breaking down madrids play winning balls and driving us forward with great runs dribbling and passes.

Chiellini's tragic mistake cost us the game. Dybala's red card killed the tie. Two unusual events.

Then theres Ronaldo and the sheer quality this Madrid team has in every position.

$#@! up and quit crying there was no shame in how we played tonight we were beating by one of the greatest tems of all time and we gave it a good fight with a bit of luck we coukd of had a positive result.
Not sure if you saw the scoreline.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We can only wonder what difference Benatia might have made. Barza is done and Chiellini has to step it up or time to bring on the kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)