[CL] Juventus 0-2 Barcelona [October 28th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
This game was very worrysome ill not deny.

Pirlo is in trouble now.

"Pirlo: 'Juve need work to reach Barca level'"

Really?..

This got me genuinely worried
Typical wording for a coach that's working with a small club to gain some experience before joining a big one. This is why you don't skip this step. Sadly, Pirlo needs to work to reach Juve level first.

- - - Updated - - -

It's too early for that. Milan are only 4 points ahead, and Inter and Napoli are just a point or two away.
I wouldn't look at other Italian teams until it's March at all, because no matter how good some of them are now all of them are likely to fail spectacularly by then. This season none of them have what it takes to not fail like they usually do. It might change if Conte is fired for conteing CL again, with them getting Allegri before Juve have a chance to even think about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I rather give Pirlo more time.. Our game can gel and honestly we are playing without Ronaldo so lets see what happens with Ronaldo.
I hope we can beat Spezia.
Yes, Give him time, but Pirlo needs to sort it out fast. His idea is great on talk about players keep moving and pressing, interchange of shape between defense and attacking phase but i saw us very imbalanced. That's why we find us 4 times conceded first (Roma, Crotone, Genoa, Barca) and cant manage to win, and got 3 red cards.

I dont feel assured everytime we defend or got counterattack. There is no shape or tactics and just our players running everywhere to keep pressing.
I watched Barca-Real Madrid, and RM players closing the lines of Barca passing, closing the option of choice when Barca players have the ball. That also the difference between us under Pirlo and under Sarri. At least under Sarri we have structure when we defend. That's why we have a better run in CHL and Serie A at beginning before everything goes to crumble after Covid restart

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah we were unlucky once again in almost all moments, but we never had any control in the game. This is something that is evident in virtually all games so far. It's obviously easier to control a game with a lead and we keep conceding first, but the midfield looks like it will continue to be the problem area. I don't think the individuals are bad but as a collective and in terms of balance it still looks miles off.

So many of these games at the moment are almost shoot-outs with wide open spaces and gaps everywhere, so it's perhaps not surprising to see them come out on top when they have Messi and we missed Ronaldo. Those players make a big difference in big games, tight games, open games, you name it. I also have no faith in us keeping a clean sheet at the moment, we look kamikaze at the back, but I'm surprised we didn't score, even if nothing went our way.

Morata must have ran over a gypsy holding a black cat, he's absolutely cursed.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Writing that, knowing that CR7 missed the game because of health problems, is not only cringeworthy but is utterly disgusting.
They did the same before the game. Juve then responded "we prefer seeing other left-footed Argentinian" and shared Dybala's goal in the CL knockouts from a few years back.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
They did the same before the game. Juve then responded "we prefer seeing other left-footed Argentinian" and shared Dybala's goal in the CL knockouts from a few years back.
So pathetic of them, considering the fact Messi is still playing for them only because they basically forced him to stay. Some King's "Misery" vibes out there :lol:.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah we were unlucky once again in almost all moments, but we never had any control in the game. This is something that is evident in virtually all games so far. It's obviously easier to control a game with a lead and we keep conceding first, but the midfield looks like it will continue to be the problem area. I don't think the individuals are bad but as a collective and in terms of balance it still looks miles off.

So many of these games at the moment are almost shoot-outs with wide open spaces and gaps everywhere, so it's perhaps not surprising to see them come out on top when they have Messi and we missed Ronaldo. Those players make a big difference in big games, tight games, open games, you name it. I also have no faith in us keeping a clean sheet at the moment, we look kamikaze at the back, but I'm surprised we didn't score, even if nothing went our way.

Morata must have ran over a gypsy holding a black cat, he's absolutely cursed.
I said before that we just can't be unlucky, play average and be missing the players we were missing and come away with a result. With no preparation and new players it's extremely tough under normal circumstances let alone these. Pirlo is still trying a million things but what he said post match about what we were trying to do made sense it's just all a bit much right now. I still have faith it's just going to take time.

Now is probably the time to consolidate and look to play the same team for a few games to see what they can produce with some consistent playing time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I said before that we just can't be unlucky, play average and be missing the players we were missing and come away with a result. With no preparation and new players it's extremely tough under normal circumstances let alone these. Pirlo is still trying a million things but what he said post match about what we were trying to do made sense it's just all a bit much right now. I still have faith it's just going to take time.

Now is probably the time to consolidate and look to play the same team for a few games to see what they can produce with some consistent playing time.
I feel a bit like he's trying things perhaps a fan would do, this new system and trying to get so many attacking players involved and players committed to attacks. Maybe that's not surprising as he's a rookie.

We thought Sarri was going to be the one to create all the flowing, attacking football but Sarri never had the players so never tried to reinvent the wheel. He basically went against his philosophy and more down the safe Juve route. Pirlo is stubbornly refusing to go back to any notion of a safe system so he'll live and die by those decisions.

You'll really be able to tell if there is any legs on what he is doing by about 15-20 games. Points are the main thing but you're looking for improvement when you play a system like this. This performance was obviously against a higher level opponent but it was a step backwards. It's worrying that we have had a fairly easy fixture list so far and poor results on the field. I wouldn't fancy us against any of the Serie A top 4 right now, this is Juve at almost year dot and in a weak spot, teams will sense it and take advantage, but we cannot let this go on for long. That's how you end up looking down the table and intense pressure.

We might have been expected to finish 2nd in the group anyway, the club would probably accept that considering Pirlo's inexperience, but they have to see growth and where the team is looking to go. It's not like this is a strong Barcelona, which is just as well, but between two struggling big clubs we looked the worst.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I feel a bit like he's trying things perhaps a fan would do, this new system and trying to get so many attacking players involved and players committed to attacks. Maybe that's not surprising as he's a rookie.

We thought Sarri was going to be the one to create all the flowing, attacking football but Sarri never had the players so never tried to reinvent the wheel. He basically went against his philosophy and more down the safe Juve route. Pirlo is stubbornly refusing to go back to any notion of a safe system so he'll live and die by those decisions.

You'll really be able to tell if there is any legs on what he is doing by about 15-20 games. Points are the main thing but you're looking for improvement when you play a system like this. This performance was obviously against a higher level opponent but it was a step backwards. It's worrying that we have had a fairly easy fixture list so far and poor results on the field. I wouldn't fancy us against any of the Serie A top 4 right now, this is Juve at almost year dot and in a weak spot, teams will sense it and take advantage, but we cannot let this go on for long. That's how you end up looking down the table and intense pressure.

We might have been expected to finish 2nd in the group anyway, the club would probably accept that considering Pirlo's inexperience, but they have to see growth and where the team is looking to go. It's not like this is a strong Barcelona, which is just as well, but between two struggling big clubs we looked the worst.
Look we've been asking for a change of philosophy for a while, it might just be that this is what's necessary. I think he's seen what has worked for other strong European sides recently and that is what he is trying to emulate. Maybe he will tone it down somewhat but I think he knows that committing numbers forward is what we need to do to take that step in Europe

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
so stupid to keep Aaron out and bring in bernababy tho

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo was simply blind, kept Kulu for way too long when it was clear as day the kid was struggling,

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
so stupid to keep Aaron out and bring in bernababy tho

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo was simply blind, kept Kulu for way too long when it was clear as day the kid was struggling,
It was silly to bench him for rusty Dybala from the get go.

I don't get why he wasn't brought on when we needed a goal either.

One of Pirlo and Paratici bent over for Dybala/his agent after he threw a childish hissy fit over nothing. Guess we might have to till contract ext is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)