[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Barcelona [November 22nd 2017] (134 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I watched the game twice now and im still dumb founded. Clearly we are half the team we were last season. Allegri is a pussy and played like lower serie .A teams play against us.

So many attacking players in the squad, so many midfielders...yet he cant find any decent formula to make it work.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
they played against us the way we play against serie a minions. energy conservation mode. yet, we barely managed to get a point.

players are severely underperforming, obviously they don't respect allergy anymore, don't listen whatever he says before the game. everbody plays his own game.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I still think that we could play good possession football if someone could convince Max to give up on the Pjanic-Khedira double pivot.

At the end of the game we had Marchisio, Khedira, Bentancur and Matuidi all on the pitch. There was no real organization, but you could see us gaining control in midfield.

Our starting midfield should be Marchisio, Pjanic and Matuidi with Bentancur as sub. Khedira should be relegated to 5th choice CM at best.
That's what anyone would do.... we struggle defensively speaking and we stick with 2 midfielders which aren't even real DMs and 4 strikers.
Resulting in what? suffering in def and having our strikers fall back to help.

We should really switch to 3 man midfield sadly Allegri clearly doesn't wish to do so.
By the way before the game I was sure that he would play Matuidi instead of Khedira but shockinly the german which is in a bad form and doesn't run a lot to cover is always ahead of the pack

I knew we should have thanked him after the final and let him go and look for someonelse

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Shit performance, but the result isn't too bad. Obviously a win would've been wonderful, but given the way we've been performing recently, a solitary point will do. Now, let's hope we actually secure qualification with a convincing performance in Athens. After all, the game takes place in December, so we should be "prepared" by then.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
$#@! performance, but the result isn't too bad. Obviously a win would've been wonderful, but given the way we've been performing recently, a solitary point will do. Now, let's hope we actually secure qualification with a convincing performance in Athens. After all, the game takes place in December, so we should be "prepared" by then.
Well before the game I thought we were in for another humiliation....
Luckly Barcellona spared us.
I don't like to say it bue imo they made a deal. They let us go with a point and get leaders of the group and we will play our qualification with a +1 over Sporting in Greece.
Because leaving Messi fully fit on the bench for 60mins...
Never trying even though they could...
They simply didn't want to win.

We played horribly again and with a nonsense starting XI.
I mean how can you fucking start Khedira which is in a bad form.
Again in a 2man midfield against Barcellona..........

The players are not following Allegri leadership anymore.
Two of them already ran away and if we don't fire him this summer and get a super-coach we'll lose Dybala and Sandro as well.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
So before the game everybody thought we gonna get destroyed. Yet, we haven't conceded with Barca hardly having half a chance yet the same people are still dissatisfied.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What are you talking about? Are we supposed to be satisfied with an extremely insipid performance where we hardly troubled Barcelona @ home? We looked like a 2nd rate team out there, unable to string two passes together, incredibly unimaginative and extremely predictable in our play. I'm happy that we got a point, but most definitely not satisfied with the "performance."

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What are you talking about? Are we supposed to be satisfied with an extremely insipid performance where we hardly troubled Barcelona @ home? We looked like a 2nd rate team out there, unable to string two passes together, incredibly unimaginative and extremely predictable in our play. I'm happy that we got a point, but most definitely not satisfied with the "performance."
Its november

Mar 1, 2016
Sounds like both Barca and Juve fans are happy with result but not so much with overall play.

I think Juve needed the win more and looked too timid at their home. Barca haven't won in Italy for ages even with better players and now even had Messi on the bench and still Allegri parks the bus.

See you guys in May and CL final.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well before the game I thought we were in for another humiliation....
Luckly Barcellona spared us.
I don't like to say it bue imo they made a deal. They let us go with a point and get leaders of the group and we will play our qualification with a +1 over Sporting in Greece.
Because leaving Messi fully fit on the bench for 60mins...
Never trying even though they could...
They simply didn't want to win.

We played horribly again and with a nonsense starting XI.
I mean how can you $#@!ing start Khedira which is in a bad form.
Again in a 2man midfield against Barcellona..........

The players are not following Allegri leadership anymore.
Two of them already ran away and if we don't fire him this summer and get a super-coach we'll lose Dybala and Sandro as well.
Finances and ambitions are the problem more than Allegri..
Dybala will be sold in the summer the question is what are we going to do with the money..

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like both Barca and Juve fans are happy with result but not so much with overall play.

I think Juve needed the win more and looked too timid at their home. Barca haven't won in Italy for ages even with better players and now even had Messi on the bench and still Allegri parks the bus.

See you guys in May and CL final.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
Barca might get there but I cant see Juve getting there this year...
PSG Bayern City and Barca will be in the SF if things dont change

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's a fallacy. If they were truly consistent over a season they would win the league. Barca, City and PSG did not win the league last year.
Barcelona won the league in 2013, the treble in 2015, and the league in 2016. PSG won 4 straight Ligue 1 titles, until they were dethroned last season. Bayern have been dominating Die Bundesliga for over half a decade and still perform consistently and convincingly in Europe. :numnum:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
So before the game everybody thought we gonna get destroyed. Yet, we haven't conceded with Barca hardly having half a chance yet the same people are still dissatisfied.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
True and i must add i don’t always understand why almost everyone calling for Allegri’s head even tho he mainly did exactly what everyone predicted/hoped which was to switch to 3-4-2-1 even with such a major blow just hours prior to the game as our best CB aka Chiellini getting injured, all in all was a smart move by Allegri and a point gained is better than losing at home to Barcelona...

Major problem here is ok, i won’t deny Allegri’s football seems outdated but who will you replace him with? You really honestly believe that Inzaghi or Gasperini will really take Juve to the next level? What super-coach can we get let’s be realistic Ancelloti will never come, Lippi is almost retired, Zidane no way he leaving Real and Guardiola is a sheikh at ManCitty so will never come.,who else is there, Conte? He won’t come back anytime soon thats for sure so who we got left is maybe Inzaghi,Gasperini, Donadonni, Ranieri or the last but also the worst aka Ventura...does anyone realistically think anything would change for the good, with the way we change every summer by buying mainly freebies or cheap opportunities regardless if it really is what we desperatelly need? Allegri has/had a huge task of completely reinventing the squad every season. Lol at people pretending we have a superstars squad and we are underperforming.. tbh so far the last time i checked we won 3 Scudettos and 3 Coppas whyle also being runner-ups in 2 out of the last 3 UCL finals... at least show a bit of respect to the guy...

What scares me most is that if Allegri goes we will most certainly settle for a cheaper and unexperienced coach for the levels we aiming at so NO THANKS!

If Allegri gets the sack midseason expect us to win first 2,3 games under the new coach solely on fresh enthuziasm but than be sure the team will be even more confused and end up even worst by fighting for EL spots... some of you really underestimate Allegri’s work, only thing i dislike about him is that he is too much of a 'yes-man’ with little to say to the management but also everyone can agree that is why they brought him to Juve in the first place, stay quiet and work miracles.. so far he did more than what was expected of him and deserves credit for that. He is managing a lockerroom filled with quality back-ups and starters that play at similar levels and yet his rotation game is mainly spot-on when it comes to keeping harmony in the dressing room.

In the end, don’t get me wrong i’d also want us to try something new with a new Coach and i’m also disappointed with a number of decisions Allegri took this season but we also have to give him time because is not easy to find the best solution in order to mask all our weaknesses(Weak rb’s / weak cm’s / lack of pace etc...). I also want to see a new mentality, fresh ideeas that a new coach could bring but there really are no better options available atm, as much as i admire Inzaghi’s work at Lazio i still can’t see him doing a better job than Allegri with the current squad, most he can do is make us play a more attractive football but in the end the results will be the same.

So for now, FORZA Allegri, i still rather trust him to fix this mess than any of the aforementioned!

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Alin personally i'm not asking for midseason sack........
But at the end of Serie A he must go.

- - - Updated - - -

For sure i also feel a change is needed but only if there are decent options available not wannabies...
That's prolly the reason why they renewed Allegri's contract.
No good manager avaible to take his place.
I'd really like to see Klopp here :I as Guardiola is impossible

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Alin personally i'm not asking for midseason sack........
But at the end of Serie A he must go.
Sure, i can’t disagree on that, a cicle must come to an end regardless if it is Allegri or anyone else but for us that should be the case only if one of the worlds best coaches is available and willing to join us, otherwise we will never step up a level...

——-

Good point, i totally forgot about Klopp, his attitude might be a good fit for us aswell but you never know if he will be available...so again as you said aswell, the lack of options is probably the same reason why they never even considered maybe giving Allegri the sack...

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Sure, i can’t disagree on that, a cicle must come to an end regardless if it is Allegri or anyone else but for us that should be the case only if one of the worlds best coaches is available and willing to join us, otherwise we will never step up a level...
well the cicle was over after the loss in the second CL final.
It was the right time to go.
But instead we kept him and lost 2 players like Alves and Bonucci.
We crippled ourselves for the sake of a manager that doesn't make the difference?? not very wise.
Just when Buffon and Barzagli were retiring and we had to keep up our core with Bonucci-Chiellini and Marchisio letting the new generation grow up...
We missed the crucial step.
The next summer it's going to be another revolution as Khedira,Mandzukic,Asamoah,Sturaro,Lichsteiner,Barzagli and Buffon will go for sure (retiring and going elsewhere).
Plus we may face the danger of Dybala-Sandro leaving. Specially Sandro as he is not renewing his contract yet....

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be a bloodbath and we'll have to buy wisely and gotta be quality.
We already have 2 players such as Spinazzola and Caldara what about the rest?
We'll stick with Polish keeper or go for better one?
Will we buy Sms or go for lower profile?
How will we replace Lichsteiner and maybe Sandro?

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Barcelona won the league in 2013, the treble in 2015, and the league in 2016. PSG won 4 straight Ligue 1 titles, until they were dethroned last season. Bayern have been dominating Die Bundesliga for over half a decade and still perform consistently and convincingly in Europe. :numnum:
Well with the same argument , we've had 3 consecutive doubles and reached the final twice in europe....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)