[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Barcelona [November 22nd 2017] (4 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
The next summer it's going to be another revolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be a bloodbath and we'll have to buy wisely and gotta be quality.
We already have 2 players such as Spinazzola and Caldara what about the rest?
We'll stick with Polish keeper or go for better one?
Will we buy Sms or go for lower profile?
How will we replace Lichsteiner and maybe Sandro?
Thats what scares me the most, all this players parting ways and who knows what rejectees from Real/Barca/Bayern will we get.... top that with a new unexperienced coach and we will talk about this 2017/2018 season as a succesfull one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Why are teams like Barcelona, City, PSG, Bayern, and many others able to remain consistent throughout the entire season?
But they arent.
Man city didnt win shit last year. Got owned by Monaco. Finished 3rd in epl.
We owned Barca last year when it mattered in the QFs.
Psg got trashed by the same Barca. Real beat Bayern. Vidal fcked up when it MATTERED (missed pen, gets sent off).

What is this nonsense. Some of these teams are peaking way too early. You cant make legit comments who will win the CL at this stage. Anything could happen.

Overreacting crybabies here.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
True and i must add i don’t always understand why almost everyone calling for Allegri’s head even tho he mainly did exactly what everyone predicted/hoped which was to switch to 3-4-2-1 even with such a major blow just hours prior to the game as our best CB aka Chiellini getting injured, all in all was a smart move by Allegri and a point gained is better than losing at home to Barcelona...

Major problem here is ok, i won’t deny Allegri’s football seems outdated but who will you replace him with? You really honestly believe that Inzaghi or Gasperini will really take Juve to the next level? What super-coach can we get let’s be realistic Ancelloti will never come, Lippi is almost retired, Zidane no way he leaving Real and Guardiola is a sheikh at ManCitty so will never come.,who else is there, Conte? He won’t come back anytime soon thats for sure so who we got left is maybe Inzaghi,Gasperini, Donadonni, Ranieri or the last but also the worst aka Ventura...does anyone realistically think anything would change for the good, with the way we change every summer by buying mainly freebies or cheap opportunities regardless if it really is what we desperatelly need? Allegri has/had a huge task of completely reinventing the squad every season. Lol at people pretending we have a superstars squad and we are underperforming.. tbh so far the last time i checked we won 3 Scudettos and 3 Coppas whyle also being runner-ups in 2 out of the last 3 UCL finals... at least show a bit of respect to the guy...

What scares me most is that if Allegri goes we will most certainly settle for a cheaper and unexperienced coach for the levels we aiming at so NO THANKS!

If Allegri gets the sack midseason expect us to win first 2,3 games under the new coach solely on fresh enthuziasm but than be sure the team will be even more confused and end up even worst by fighting for EL spots... some of you really underestimate Allegri’s work, only thing i dislike about him is that he is too much of a ‘yes-man’ with little to say to the management but also everyone can agree that is why they brought him to Juve in the first place, stay quiet and work miracles.. so far he did more than what was expected of him and deserves credit for that. He is managing a lockerroom filled with quality back-ups and starters that play at similar levels and yet his rotation game is mainly spot-on when it comes to keeping harmony in the dressing room.

In the end, don’t get me wrong i’d also want us to try something new with a new Coach and i’m also disappointed with a number of decisions Allegri took this season but we also have to give him time because is not easy to find the best solution in order to mask all our weaknesses(Weak rb’s / weak cm’s / lack of pace etc...). I also want to see a new mentality, fresh ideeas that a new coach could bring but there really are no better options available atm, as much as i admire Inzaghi’s work at Lazio i still can’t see him doing a better job than Allegri with the current squad, most he can do is make us play a more attractive football but in the end the results will be the same.

So for now, FORZA Allegri, i still rather trust him to fix this mess than any of the aforementioned!
He won't be sacked during the season. The board doesn't consist of frustrated tuZ members.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Thats what scares me the most, all this players parting ways and who knows what rejectees from Real/Barca/Bayern will we get.... top that with a new unexperienced coach and we will talk about this 2017/2018 season as a succesfull one.
Yeah that's going to be new cycle for Juventus.

OUTers 100%

Buffon (retiring)
Barzagli (retiring)
Lichsteiner (retiring-end of contract)
Asamoah (end of contract)
Kehdira (MLS)
Sturaro (somewhere)
Mandzukic (somewhere)

Maybe OUT
Alex Sandro (still not renewed his contract)
Rugani (he'll ask to leave if he doesn't become a starter)
Dybala (too many rumors and if an out of this world offer come we'll let go as usual)
Sczesny (it looks like Neto situation. A filler waiting for Buffon to go and then look for a bigger Keeper)

Allegri -> going somewhere don't care where

We'll lose AT LEAST 7 players + Manager and could be worse being them 11 players

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Yeah that's going to be new cycle for Juventus.

OUTers 100%

Buffon (retiring)
Barzagli (retiring)
Lichsteiner (retiring-end of contract)
Asamoah (end of contract)
Kehdira (MLS)
Sturaro (somewhere)
Mandzukic (somewhere)

Maybe OUT
Alex Sandro (still not renewed his contract)
Rugani (he'll ask to leave if he doesn't become a starter)
Dybala (too many rumors and if an out of this world offer come we'll let go as usual)
Sczesny (it looks like Neto situation. A filler waiting for Buffon to go and then look for a bigger Keeper)

Allegri -> going somewhere don't care where

We'll lose AT LEAST 7 players + Manager and could be worse being them 11 players
And then we can buy 11 players like meeeelan #hungrierthanever :flag1:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
So just because many predicted a humiliating loss we should be extremely happy with this negative draw?
Obviously a win would be better but we just lost to Sampdoria ffs. Barcelona is currently the most in form team in Spain, have Messi and we did not concede against them. What did you expect? That all our issues will disappear in three days?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Most players we sign are going to be from other serie a sides not Real/Barca leftovers or flops.

Its like some people started watching Juve last week here.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
And then we can buy 11 players like meeeelan #hungrierthanever :flag1:
Dude you can joke about it but that's true.
4 players running out of contract
Khedira came for free with a gentlement agreement kind of what we did with Llorente.
It well known that after the italian experience he wanted to go in America.
There was only a "if Bayern call" situation but died down.

Sturaro never play and is still young and want to move somewhere.
Rugani same as Sturaro but he wanna be a starter or change team.

Alex Sandro has contractual problems.
He wanted to quit this summer but for once we didn't let go and now he is making problems with the contract and playing very bad lately.

Dybala seems one who want a bigger team and a bigger pay honestly.

The only ones which aren't certain are Mandzukic and Sczesny

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
So just because many predicted a humiliating loss we should be extremely happy with this negative draw?
Extremely happy? Sure NOT, but content? YES! If we lost i would understand all the fuss but in the end it was a 0-0 (clean sheet without our best CB - Chiello) against a Barca that came fully aware that we coming from a confidence-killer defeat at Samp and Valverde knew we will throw everything at them so they took a cautious possesion approach and kept us chasing it whyle playing for a draw(which was all they needed)... in the circumstances the 0-0 is a result to be content with as Barca barely ran any risks at the back...

Sure, we have to improve but we should be aware it takes times to fix all the issues and bright side is Allegri’s aware of it and immediately reacted with the new 3-4-2-1 which gives us some hope going further into the season... also i’d rather say it would be better to discuss about all of this at least after the Olympiakos game, everyone criticizing after a 0-0 with Barca i don’t even want to imagine the reactions over here if we slip in Greece :shifty: :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But they arent.
Man city didnt win shit last year. Got owned by Monaco. Finished 3rd in epl.
We owned Barca last year when it mattered in the QFs.
Psg got trashed by the same Barca. Real beat Bayern. Vidal fcked up when it MATTERED (missed pen, gets sent off).

What is this nonsense. Some of these teams are peaking way too early. You cant make legit comments who will win the CL at this stage. Anything could happen.

Overreacting crybabies here.
I'm not talking about last season only FFS! Bayern and PSG are consistent in their leagues every single season, from the off.

I'm not making legit calls on who's gonna win the CL. Where did I say that? All I know is, judging by what we've shown thus far, we're definitely not gonna be in the conversation. It's just an observation. No one is crying or over-reacting. We're just being critical, and for good fucking reason. The team has been playing like shit and we have a right to be frustrated and concerned as fans.

We can't all be as robotic as you.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well with the same argument , we've had 3 consecutive doubles and reached the final twice in europe....
I'd just like us to show some consistency. We've been extremely disappointing in the important games this season. We looked lost and disjointed against Lazio in both games, clueless in the two games vs Barca, almost fucked it up against Sporting, and capitulated against Samp.

Our play has been slow and predictable. We don't seem to be able to shift into another gear, and our defense is more porous than ever.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #494
    Didn't we try a formation change or something radically different from our norm against Barcelona the first time this season?

Why the hell can't we get a run of normal league games with these kinds of changes? Crotone, for example, or even Sampdoria would have been perfect games to tinker our setup and experiment. We will revert back to what doesn't work or our comfort zone when we know something needs to change.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    I'd just like us to show some consistency. We've been extremely disappointing in the important games this season. We looked lost and disjointed against Lazio in both games, clueless in the two games vs Barca, almost $#@!ed it up against Sporting, and capitulated against Samp.

Our play has been slow and predictable. We don't seem to be able to shift into another gear, and our defense is more porous than ever.
    I don't care about consistency in the league.
    I wanna win a Champions League or two.
    I'm Tired from the 5 consecutive CL final loss after 1996.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #496
    I don't care about consistency in the league.
    I wanna win a Champions League or two.
    I'm Tired from the 5 consecutive CL final loss after 1996.
    The league should always be an objective. I don't care about the Coppa. CL comes down to more about luck too, than the league.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    We really need to build a team again. Enough with the constant changes in our roster. It's not even about star players leaving, I think we usually replace them with players who are just as good. But this having to rebuild season after season is clearly starting to hurt us.

- - - Updated - - -

The league should always be an objective. I don't care about the Coppa. CL comes down to more about luck too, than the league.
    You need a fair bit of luck to reach the final, but the finals we lost in 2015 and 2017 were no accident. We deserved to lose twice.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    When you go on forums like bigsoccer and reddit.soccer, so many non-Juventus fans agree that our football is atrocious on the eye. We are so painful to watch going forward. As someone here said, Conte had worse players than Allegri but we actually looked like we had a plan going forward. Allegri wouldn't know what an attacking gameplan was if it hit him with a bus.

Max doesn't understand why a double pivot of Khedira and Pjanic fails against any good midfield. He doesn't understand why Mandzukic on the wing hurts and slows down our play. I doubt he teaches our players any patterns of movements in the final third. He doesn't understand attacking football, plain and simple. This limitation of Max is holding us back, someone like Guardiola or Klopp would get so much more out of this side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)