[CL] Juve 3-1 Maccabi Haifa [October 5th, 2022] 15:00 EaSTern/+6 (5 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
When was that? I have no recollection of that team.
'09, with bayern and bordeaux completing our group. our coach was ferrara, we needed a win against bayern on the last matchday to progress from the group, were leading 1-0 and lost 1-4 :baus: and that wasn't an unbeatable bayern at all.

that season marks the unforgettable uefa cup exit against fulham too. easily the worst juventus i can recall.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
When was that? I have no recollection of that team.

Given our current situation that could very well happen again :scared:
2009-10, the summer we signed Diego and Melo.

We were in the same group as Bayern, Bordeaux and Maccabi.

Bayern were almost out of the group phase. They were worse off than us. The deciding game for the runner up of our group was us against Bayern who had Robben and Ribery out injured. Van Gaal's job was on the line as well.

We took the lead and everyone thought we'll cruise in this game. But then out of nowhere, a young Thomas Muller shows up and annihilates us. The game finished 1-4 and Bayern would go on to make the CL final that year. One of the most depressing CL nights as a Juve fan.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
backline will be Danilo-Bremer-Bonucci-Sandro

midfield will be Locatelli-Paredes-Rabiot

frontline will be Di Maria-Vlahovic-Kostic

Mister is very easy to predict

id go aggressive 3412

Bremer-Bonucci-Danilo

Cuadrado Loca Paredes Kostic

Miretti

Di Maria Vlahovic

Last edited:

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Haifa have a decent technical team/playstyle for their level, quite disciplined and mentally strong as well for an Israeli team thanks to a pretty good coach, best in Israel probably. They can be compact on defense and will probably play with 3 at the back. I expect them to press high at least on the first half.

What they lack is speed and athleticism for a upper European level, it's more evident on their wingers, good technically but slow. Some of the Israeli players are also fasting the day before the match so there will be changes to lineup.

Not that much insight, I don't follow local football as much, for my masochist tendencies Juve is more then enough lately. I will say they are nowhere near our level if we decide to play but they do have a goal in them so we can drop points if we settle for 1 goal lead.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
'09, with bayern and bordeaux completing our group. our coach was ferrara, we needed a win against bayern on the last matchday to progress from the group, were leading 1-0 and lost 1-4 :baus: and that wasn't an unbeatable bayern at all.

that season marks the unforgettable uefa cup exit against fulham too. easily the worst juventus i can recall.

2009-10, the summer we signed Diego and Melo.

We were in the same group as Bayern, Bordeaux and Maccabi.

Bayern were almost out of the group phase. They were worse off than us. The deciding game for the runner up of our group was us against Bayern who had Robben and Ribery out injured. Van Gaal's job was on the line as well.

We took the lead and everyone thought we'll cruise in this game. But then out of nowhere, a young Thomas Muller shows up and annihilates us. The game finished 1-4 and Bayern would go on to make the CL final that year. One of the most depressing CL nights as a Juve fan.
Now I know why I can’t remember it. I missed most of that season.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
backline will be Danilo-Bremer-Bonucci-Sandro

midfield will be Locatelli-Paredes-Rabiot

frontline will be Di Maria-Vlahovic-Kostic

Mister is very easy to predict

id go aggressive 3412

Bremer-Bonucci-Danilo

Cuadrado Loca Paredes Kostic

Miretti

Di Maria Vlahovic
Why change a winning formula? Why not field the same team like against Bologna except Di Maria for Mckenie or Milik??

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I’m surprised you are thinking this far ahead. I’d only start calculating possible permutations if we can actually beat Maccabi Haifa, which is not a given by any means. I believe we will actually draw at least one of the two games against them.
Depends on our attitude but dont expect a one sided game.
If we lay back Maccabi will attack but if we go like with Bologna we should be good

- - - Updated - - -

6 points against them is the only acceptable result regardless of what form we're in, anything else would be shameful.
I agree but they are actually a nice team from what Iv'e seen

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Why change a winning formula? Why not field the same team like against Bologna except Di Maria for Mckenie or Milik??
That is almost exactly what is happening

vs Bologna
Szczesny, Alex, Bremer, Bonucci, Danilo, Rabiot, Locatelli, McKennie, Kostic, Milik, Vlahovic

vs Maccabi (rumored)
Szczesny, Alex, Bremer, Bonucci, Danilo, Rabiot, Locatelli, Paredes, Kostic, Di Maria, Vlahovic

Milik is injured

Tuttojuve has the lineup as Paredes replacing Locatelli and not McKennie

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    McKennie to deliver again.

you’re welcome

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Haifa have a decent technical team/playstyle for their level, quite disciplined and mentally strong as well for an Israeli team thanks to a pretty good coach, best in Israel probably. They can be compact on defense and will probably play with 3 at the back. I expect them to press high at least on the first half.

What they lack is speed and athleticism for a upper European level, it's more evident on their wingers, good technically but slow. Some of the Israeli players are also fasting the day before the match so there will be changes to lineup.

Not that much insight, I don't follow local football as much, for my masochist tendencies Juve is more then enough lately. I will say they are nowhere near our level if we decide to play but they do have a goal in them so we can drop points if we settle for 1 goal lead.

:shifty:

i mean i am not an expert in religious fasting but i googled it and it looks like yom kippur is today and tomorrow so some players are fasting, right? i know nothing about them, do they have 11 non jew players, or we'll face a team with a few players who didn't even eat properly?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    their coach fucked inter with beer sheva at meazza back in the day, lovely stuff

i've seen them against zvezda in CL playoffs and they impressed me with their attacking approach in both games. they rely on haziza, chery and big ass target man pierrot

we should win though

going with 3-1

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009

:shifty:

i mean i am not an expert in religious fasting but i googled it and it looks like yom kippur is today and tomorrow so some players are fasting, right? i know nothing about them, do they have 11 non jew players, or we'll face a team with a few players who didn't even eat properly?
    It does. They have 5-6 foreigners and 2-3 arab-israeli, usually around 4-5 players in the lineup are jewish. So it's not dramtic but will hurt them

They will probably use 2-3 players who fasted and sub them at HT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)