CL Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid (5 Viewers)

MoM

• Ramos

• Modric

• Di Maria

• Marcelo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 9, 2006
What is it with "lose" and "loose"?

Errr, we couldn't fill the delle Alpi no matter what. Weeknight matches for the CL was one thing. But we couldn't even fill it for weekend matches against Inter.

Wesley Sneijder couldn't win the Dick Cup.

:lol:
We had 55-60k spectators against top teams in serie a, don't forget about usual Italian practice to use /safety zone aka empty seats/

Mar 9, 2006
Our stadium was packed vs big European teams and in later stages. Whats your point?
That stadium wasn't empty in serie a, why juventus stadium has 41k capacity? Because in the planning they counted average numbers of local fans of juventus that visited games week after week, we have limited zone for away fans, In the beginning there was a plan to build 60-70k juventus stadium, but juventus leaders are give fuck About away fans

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4557775 said:
That stadium wasn't empty in serie a, why juventus stadium has 41k capacity? Because in the planning they counted average numbers of local fans of juventus that visited games week after week, we have limited zone for away fans, In the beginning there was a plan to build 60-70k juventus stadium
Our stadium somewhere in the mid 90es started to attract less crowd. Only vs top teams we would fill it, in Serie a sometimes not even then, but in CL vs big teams it was always packed. Fans in Italy care greatly for European trophies and currently are rather desperate for some silverware. There are few reasons why we had such a poor attendance and I can tell you from my experience; poor visibility and running track were among biggest.

Mar 9, 2006
Our stadium somewhere in the mid 90es started to attract less crowd. Only vs top teams we would fill it, in Serie a sometimes not even then, but in CL vs big teams it was always packed. Fans in Italy care greatly for European trophies and currently are rather desperate for some silverware. There are few rasons why we had such a poor attendance and I can tell you from my experience; poor visibility and running track were among biggest reasons.
lol scudetto has been always the main trophy for Italians and will be, CL is like cherry on the cake

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Scudetto was the priority normally, but that has definitely changed now since Serie A is no longer even close to being the biggest league in the world.

It's all about the CL and rightfully so since the competition is so competitive.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4557777 said:
lol scudetto has been always the main trophy for Italians and will be, CL is like cherry on the cake
That is what you believe and I dont intent to persuade you, but winning Scudetto for a long while has been less prestigious for them and there is also if you cant win something kinda like sour grape...

Mar 9, 2006
Scudetto was the priority normally, but that has definitely changed now since Serie A is no longer even close to being the biggest league in the world.

It's all about the CL and rightfully so since the competition is so competitive.
It doesn't matter, it's not our problem that other Italian teams are struggle

- - - Updated - - -

That is what you believe and I dont intent to persuade you, but winning Scudetto for a long while has been less prestigious for them.
Believe?! I knew it, I spoke with Italians about it

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If you did speak with Italians you would know about that, but visit their forums sometimes and see what these guys feel, what majority thinks about Europe and Serie a. Very similar to here.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt say that scudetto was priority, but more like objective we could have achieved more easily. We never fielded second string teams in CL, but in Serie a we had, especially if some big team we were to play next. CL is more difficult to win as there are more variables involved.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Real's record of trophies since the late 90s is not very impressive given the amount of money they spent and the wealth of talent they have. Its not very bad either. Its okay I guess.

The CL has gained more importance over the years the more football became globalized and the more money became attached to the competition. Today it is definitely more important than any league title be it Serie A, Bundesliga, La liga or EPL. Local fans are no longer enough and being a champion or a finalist in the CL gets you much more fans and is better for your image than winning a league title. Juve is currently like Mancity, only with a smaller wallet and in a weaker league.

Real's first few CL wins were in unusual circumstances but the history books and the marketing teams will care little about how these titles were won but will rather care that they were won especially since the CL is not more important than ever.

The UEFA cup used to be very important and an achievement for top teams but that is no longer the case.

Mar 9, 2006
If you did speak with Italians you would know about that, but visit their forums sometimes and see what these guys feel, what majority thinks about Europe and Serie a. Very similar to here.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt say that scudetto was priority, but more like objective we could have achieved more easily. We never fielded second string teams in CL, but in Serie a we had, especially if some big team we were to play next. CL is more difficult to win as there are more variables involved.
now CL > everything for almost every fan outside italy, no doubt, but for me - to beat inter, milan, napoli, roma, torino is the best feeling, they are poor and overall league is low? who give a fuck? WHO? not me, our boyrs in 30s were in the same situation, unfortunately i wasn't able to witness their victories and i'm jealous to the guys who witnessed it and that team, they were monsters, in the next 100 years the new generation of juventini will born and they will be jealous of us, who knows when juventus will be able to win another 3-4-5 scudetti in a row?! you just underrate our achievement like fakefans like Klin do, we failed to did it for 90 years even when we had MONSTER team in 80s with Cabrini, Platini, Scirea etc. and now we did it, yet they cry about CL and our early exit from it, but if UEFA wouldn't give that amount of money who give a fuck? what if Serie A winner will receive 90m of euros like the winner of EPL? What's best then - to win CL with 60-70m as prize or Serie A with 90m+ as prize? The whole world is forced to look on the money aspect, money is ruining everything - partnership, friendship, realtionships and the big sports now, i never doubted the fact that CL trophy is an amazing achievement, do you really think that i will be upset if we will piss on barcelona or madrid? you really need to overcome yourself to win this trophy, you should be very lucky too but what the point to get a name of the best european squad if you are not best in your god damn domestic league? i don't understand it, i don't need it, with the current system teams like Crvena Zvezda, Ajax, Aston Villa, Steaua will never win this trophy again in 100 years and it's unfair and never will be fair with the current format, CL lost it charm long time ago

- - - Updated - - -

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I dont underrate our domestic titles, in fact I am extremely happy for what we have achieved till now. Only saying that CL have been considered for a long while to be the pinnacle for every club and especially now with plenty of great clubs competing each year, while domestic succes has lost some of its importance. Serie a one day will be back to where it rightfully belongs. I agree this current format is ridiculous when 4th place teams can triumph and monetary aspect became too important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)