..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
It's sad that we will have to miss Nedved through suspension. I hope UEFA will make changes to its rules. Nedved collected his previous yellow card 6 games before the semis. And it is just disgraceful that he will not be allowed to play in a Champions League Final that he so rightly deserves.

But on the contrary, Nedved seems to have found the lighter side of things. He has now learned to be optimistic and is even looking forward to playing for the Intercontinental Cup. Which shows just how confident he is that Juve will win the CL this year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by walu_ex ] ++
Milan obviously has better individual players than Juve, Lippi just seems to be able to get a little bit more out of his players...

Oh, and does anyone know why Tacchinardi never plays for the Azzuri? Pirlo, Ambro and Gattuso all do.
All will be decided on wednesday, dont worry.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
Filippo Inzaghi (forward) Born: 09.08.73 Nationality: Italian

A tendency to writhe around in faux-agony at the merest hint of contact with defenders has won 'Pippo' few neutral fans, but there is no denying that the younger brother of Lazio's Simone is a gifted goal poacher.

Despite a enjoying little success in the 2002 World Cup he has been one of Milan form players this term and rightly revered for his alert play in and around the six-yard box.

He moved to Milan in a £26 million deal from Juventus in the summer of 2001, and proved himself worthy of the price tag in this season's Champions League with eight goals in the first phase, including a great hat-trick against Deportivo
to correct you my friend Filippo Inzaghi is the elder brother not simone.;)
Filippo = 29 years
Simone = 27 years.
:D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
It's sad that we will have to miss Nedved through suspension.
Sad indeed. But I believe Neddy's adsence will give the other players - especially the player who will actually replace him (Camo/DV) - extra insentives to do well .. They would now want to win it more than ever for him.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If D'vaio takes Neddys place i think he will want to do it more for neddy dan camo would because i seen after the madrid game d'vaio went over to him and hugged him and tried to help him i thought it was really nice what he did because all the other players were celebrating and forgot abought him but D'vaio never and obviously felt sorry for him. I think he played well against chevio too he did what i have seen neddy do down the flank and den drift into the middle behind the front two......Anyway whoever does it good luck!!! its not easy having to replace neddy.

Hey by the way if juve win does dat not mean they won the treble because they've won the league and the Supper Cup too.
I know its not a big trebel but it is still 3 pieces of silverware.

FORZA juve

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Damn. I just can't wait for this match. Can't get it out of my head, i tried studying, hanging around killing time but it didn't work .. I wonder how the players are feeling .. must be hard ..

At the moment, I just can't think of tactics or lineups .. all that matters is the final result .. after watching Porto celebrate winning the UEFA Cup the way they did .. I imagined our players lifting the Champions League trophy .. doing the lapse of honour around Old Trafford .. Milan players dejected .. our fans cheering wildly .. wow, what a great scene that would be ..

To be honest I believe we have a 51% chance of winning this match .. I admit in the qualifying group stages Milan played better against the likes of Depor, Bayern, and Real .. whereas we played our average matches against Newcastle, Depor, and Feyenoord .. but in the more recent knockout stages, we excelled agaisnt Barca and Real .. whereas Milan had not-so-perfect matches against Ajax and Inter .. I hope the trend continues that way and we win the final ..

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Rui Costa - jokingly - said that we wouldn't hesitite to comfort Del Piero when he cries after the Champions League final .. this was after the presentation of the ball that will be used in the final (see picture) ..

:groan::fero:

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
Haha! Milan were in the "Group of Death" for the first two group stages, ( Juve was struggling against English Premier League teams ???? )yet ended up qualifying before everyone else. Juve owns Serie A ( and their refs :) ), no doubt, but there's only one team in Italy when it comes to Champion's League, and on Wednesday maybe you'll all start believing, like Neo.

Without Nedved, and with Juve trying to make up for his absence, and with a FULL-STRENGTH Milan team I'd say it's more like 55%-45% in favour of Milan. Let's not underestimate how good the Czech really is.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
neo was a bum with greasy hair who'd OD on green and red ecstasy pills and have hallucinations about giant mechanical sperm-cells crawling out of his navel.

just my interpretation ;)

anyways, Milan have traditionally been Italy's flagship in Europe but this is new era in world and italian football.

its not possible to compare Ancelotti's work to Lippi's.

Its not possible to compare the compare the name:contribution ratio of our players to theirs.

We're in a totally different league there. We turned on the style(forgive me i started playing CM a few weeks back ;)) during the most crucial parts of the CL stages and thats what really counts.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
We can do it without Neddy. anybody here remember 99/2000 season with Ancelotti? we had a game aganist Inter in milan and Zizou was suspended so we played dp for his role and inzaghi and Darko Kovacevic up in front and we won 1-2 . 2 goals from Darko and dp in his new role was man of the match.........i know things are completely different now, but hey .....we have much more stronger side now and yes Neddy is our man now but so was Zidane back then but we managed.and that's what differentiates the good from the great......It's gonna be one hell of a match but Juve, may the force be with u:cool:

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #179
    ------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------

-----------------Montero----------------Ferrara-------------------

-Thuram-------------------------------------------Biri(Pessoto)--

--------------------------------Tacchi--------------------------------

--------Zamboy-----------------------------------Davids----------

--------------------Di Viao-----------------Del Piero---------------

----------------------------------Trez--------------------------------

This is my line up, we would be a very offensive team this way, and davids would be given a more offensive role. Di Viao, can be replaced with camo, but im too tired to reshuffle camo in.

Do they call this a 4-3-3?

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
    i dont think we should go on "all out attack" mode because milan have 4 danger men that only excell in vacant spaces:costa,seedorf,inzaghi and shevchenko.
    so the best tactic is to play on the counterattack just like we did when we beat them in turin. remember in that game nedved was not the key, instead it was camo,thuram and del piero who very well exploited kaladze. in the rturn game in milan we could easily have drawn the match if it was not for dida ,so i hope abbiati plays the final but i think even if dida play our guys can still undo him.
    just pray that we maintain that character we had against barca and madrid.
    again do i lie?
    if not then we will prevail and beat those soft milan players:fero:

forza juve

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)