..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
I know Roma are a different team than Juve. Weird thing is, Juve does tend to struggle against Roma.... check out the recent results.... A second string Milan side played away to a Roma side battling for a trophy to rescue their season. And we all saw what happened....

But Buffon not playing, that should definitely makes things a little more complicated for bianconeri ambitions. The game against Real Madrid was really an up and down game, anyone could have won it, but Buffon saved his club. When we ( Milan )played Real, there was really only one team in it ( at the San Siro ), a very convincing triumph, but of course the stakes were different.

Also, the victory against Real in the Semis, is moving further and further away...with each passing day. Even though Juve has already won the scudetto, they ought to win against Chievo to keep their team morale high. Milan are not exactly experiencing
a shortage of confidence right now.

Before, I was worried that this final was going to be a close, hard fought match, but as days go by and we receive news about injury situations... the balance of favouritism must shift away from one side.

The team that is best prepared mentally will go on to win. There is very little to separate these two clubs, on paper. But Buffon not even playing? That wouldn't be right.

Buy on AliExpress.com

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
Clear idea
Throughout this season's Champions League, Lippi has demonstrated his tactical ability to get the most from his side, switching players and formations when necessary. But he gave little away about his lineup for Manchester, where he goes into the final deprived of midfield dynamo Pavel Nedved. "There are hundreds of different options, with different hypotheses. But I have a clear idea of what I will do. The match could start off in one way, then take a different direction."
I'm not sure that he got the most out of his side in the first two group stages, do you?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Don't worry about Buffon ;)

Yesterday he trained regularly, and people are just exagerating everthing. He will play, and he shall be the superman buffon we all know!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I thought it was a joke, like when he went out in the game against Perugia so that Chimenti could get the feeling of winning the Scudetto on the pitch :undecide: Although he trained yesterday, it sounds worrying to me nonetheless :scared:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
"There are hundreds of different options, with different hypotheses. But I have a clear idea of what I will do. The match could start off in one way, then take a different direction."
Oh dear, I hope he's not referring to the tactic of scoring a goal and sitting on the lead... let's play like we did against Madrid! Though it'll be hard without da man :(

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Oh dear, I hope he's not referring to the tactic of scoring a goal and sitting on the lead... let's play like we did against Madrid! Though it'll be hard without da man :(
I'm pretty sure that Lippi will want his lads to play like how they played against Real, in the 1st and 2nd legs. I expect us to score first and go looking for a second like we did vs the Merengues. If we get the second we may sit back for a little bit...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Alex Del Piero believes that the all-Italian Champions’ League Final is revenge for the Azzurri’s World Cup nightmare.

The Italian will lead his Juventus team out against Milan next Wednesday less than a year after his national side were heavily criticised for their Mondiali debacle.

"You can use this game to compare against the disappointing World Cup campaigns in recent history," said the captain.

"In the last year many Italians sides have desperately wanted to improve. We are looking to attack more and have made some important signings.

"I don’t agree with the negative Press that we sometimes receive because there are some great players in Italy. The Manchester final will prove that point."

The Bianconeri go into the game as slight favourites after winning the Scudetto and defeating holders Real Madrid in the last four.

"I don’t think there is a favourite to be honest," added Del Piero. "This is a one off game where anything can happen.

"The past finals have proved that point. They’ve been very open and not decided until the very last minute. Even if they have also been tactical."

------------------
Source: Football Italia

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Marco Di Vaio says he is ready to step in for the suspended Pavel Nedved in the Champions’ League Final.

The Juventus forward seems to be the new favourite to replace the Czech at the Old Trafford showdown against Milan next week.

"I am a candidate to start instead of Pavel but I’m not the only option," said the former Parma man. "There is also Mauro Camoranesi and others. But we are all ready if we get the call."

Reports suggest that Coach Marcello Lippi is considering playing a 4-2-3-1 formation against the Rossoneri with Di Vaio, Alex Del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta all supporting lone striker David Trezeguet.

"I still don’t know whether I will be playing but scoring against Milan would be an unforgettable moment for me. Even if winning is the most important aspect," continued the international.

"Playing in the Champions’ League Final is the highest you can go as a footballer in the club game. We’re all keen to do well."

The Lazio youth product joined the Turin giants last summer for £16m but has had a mixed campaign.

"I’m satisfied with how it has gone," he maintained. "I started the season well but then got injured.

"This has been an important experience for me. It has been my first season in the Champions’ League and I’ve just won the Scudetto. Let’s hope we do the double."

------------------
Source: Football Italia

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
i don't why some of guys who are sitting over here impressed by roma milan resault especially that almost all of them did not watch the match and i did

milan weren't good ,, roma were the better side with missed opportuinities for about an hour and milan were underattack and outplayed ,,,,,, what realy happend and the desicive moment came when they scored the equlizer in that time roma went attacking the whole team and they lost with bad defending and goalkeeper errors .

rivaldo were bad really bad the only players that were good in milan : brocchi and ambrosini

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
Yeah, there's no need to worry about Buffon, he'll be there.

Just found this pic, I don't think any two other clubs deserve to be in the Final. I wish Milan and Juve could just start their own league, and play each other once every two weeks. This is soccer at its very, very best. Right now, Italian football has reclaimed their throne, even though that "other" Milan team did very little to change the media view about overly defensive tactics in Italian football.

Del Piero & Rui Costa

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
i don't why some of guys who are sitting over here impressed by roma milan resault especially that almost all of them did not watch the match and i did

milan weren't good ,, roma were the better side with missed opportuinities for about an hour and milan were underattack and outplayed ,,,,,, what realy happend and the desicive moment came when they scored the equlizer in that time roma went attacking the whole team and they lost with bad defending and goalkeeper errors .

rivaldo were bad really bad the only players that were good in milan : brocchi and ambrosini
agree!!! i watch the game too....

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
I admit, I did not watch the match between Milan and Roma, but when a team thrashes another without even playing well, it's got to mean something. That's what I was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)