[CL FINAL] JUVENTUS 1-4 Real Madrid [3rd June, 2017] (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
Well I think for some of us here I include my self "our problem" is that we are really passionate about this team , as someone said we are not capable of winning no matter what kit or opponent we have , we couldn't win even when we had the best team in the world , this year we were like 2nd or 3rd bayern can be put in discussion here also and we lost 4-1 in the final , we had zidane in 2 finals and we lost and it's not like we had zidane and 10 pices of wood , we had a complete team back then, at real he scored winning goal in the final , inzaghi choked hard for us then at Milan scored 2 goals in a final , I don't believe in curses and things like this but here looks like some negative energy follows us in finals , no matter who play for us , however in the last 2 finals we deserved to lose , in 2015 we fought nicely , and I would say we played better then overall ,2nd half of yesterday match was painful to watch , and referee let like 4 additional minutes , it felt like we were a wounded toro there almost dead waiting to get fifth strike , anyway those losses are hard to swallow, if we will get the targets we follow we will be even stronger , it's even nicer to support team when they lose , even 7 ucl finals and we will lose probably more , I wouldn't mind supporting them even after 10 scudettos in row or few ucl in row , but on losses ,fails and when someone is on ground you have to support them raise again, and we aren't on worst position, we played 2 ucl finals in 3 years , and we dominate serie a , there were much worse days , we can't change the course of a final, doesn't depend on us if they win or lose , maybe only if we would all buy tickets from time for next ucl final and have other juve fans joined us undercovered as opp fans , so basically a full bianconero stadium , maybe then the players would feel like on juventus stadium where we are steel and we can beat anyone anytime ,so my advice would be to take it easier ,keep the passion but more relaxed about the results, I think most of us here want us to win , but I repeat doesn't really depend on us , I hope we will all catch the day when juventus will win again this trophy , it might be in 2018 , in 10 years or 30 we can't possibly know this , but as long as we keep improve the better chance we have .Keep believe in this team and support it whatever happens fino alla fine .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I also agree with Buck Fuddy regarding our midfield. I've always felt in the beginning that a Pjanić-Khedira midfield would get slaughtered by top teams. Fortunately for us, we faced a really trashy Barca midfield without their main midfield player (Busquets in the 1st leg) and an inexperienced Monaco midfield. We faced the best midfield in the world in the final and they ran circles around our midfield.
I mean this combination has worked pretty successfully no doubt but that's not a midfield combination that would truly make you think it's a world beater worthy midfield.
It has been our weak area since the start of the season but Allegri masked it by fielding workhorses on the wings. Unfortunately they just couldn't hold their own against top quality.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Am ready for the next season. We need to treat the final just a league game in Turin and everything will be fine.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
The most bitter part of all this is that we had several great periods in the game. I watched The game in a bar with several Real fans and they were not confident at all before they scored The second goal, that btw was a lucky deflected shot. After that , heads drop and The game is lost.

Higuain dissapointed me once again in a final. He is not a Big game player. It has happened too many times noe to be a coincidence. Alex sandro and Alves started good but lost confidence surprisingly fast. Bonny and Chiello was good in tackling and clearing The lines but failed in The most crucial part of The game : man marking, which is unusual. This is offcourse connected to our fullbacks being doubled all The time.

Pjanic was good. Mandzukic tried. Dybala never got into The positions where he Truly shines.

All in all a big dissapointment. The scoreline hurts. Especially since we came into The game with such a brilliant defensive record, only to get crushed on The big stage.

Feel bad for Buffon.

Its gonna take some time to recover from this.

Focus should now be on further reinforcements to not let this happen again.

Our defensive mentality is classy but also flawed. It needs to be updated/merged with something more fully balanced.

One can only hope The people running The club does what they can to rid us of this inferiority complex.

Forza Juve, sempre.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
In terms of optimism for the future, how does 1998 compare with 2017?
In 98 Juve was still the best team in the world so optimism remained high.

At current, Juve is a Atletico-Dortmund level, so it's a less optimistic outlook. Serie A is no longer the league of leagues and so improvement is hard to come by.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
In 98 Juve was still the best team in the world so optimism remained high.

At current, Juve is a Atletico-Dortmund level, so it's a less optimistic outlook. Serie A is no longer the league of leagues and so improvement is hard to come by.
That's my take on it as well especially when I look at the finances of Juve compared to top teams.

Our turnover right now is less than Liverpool and nearly 50% less than that of United, two teams who are pretty average right now. While we are growing financially , the pace at which other teams are growing are 2 times more than that of Juve's growth.

The richest teams happen to dominate this competition. Very rarely are we going to see , probably 1 or 2 out of 10 times are we going to see a team with inferior finances win the CL.

If we are motivated enough, we might make another final if we're lucky.

The same applies to Serie A as well for teams not named Juve.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Had fun, @Fint?

- - - Updated - - -

It's like Italy losing the Euro final 4-0, remember that? That was pretty shocking too.
Italy 2012 was not expected to make final. (couldnt even get out of group from 2010 WC, the 3 man system had only been started between Conte and Prandelli, Pirlo and Buffon were only proven and NT stage proven players). I mean that team was lead by Balotelli. People even in this forum thought Germany would get the better of them.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Italy 2012 was not expected to make final. (couldnt even get out of group from 2010 WC, the 3 man system had only been started between Conte and Prandelli, Pirlo and Buffon were only proven and NT stage proven players).
Juventus wasn't expected to make the final this year either.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
In terms of optimism for the future, how does 1998 compare with 2017?
The problem is that the competition, in terms of us signing players (WC players, spending also) is much harder. Ultimately Higuain buying and Pogba selling are linked. Meanwhile there are clubs which you are well aware who can just go out and write X amount checks for player Y.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I had the longest post-rape shower ever last night. the one where you sit on the floor in the corner clutching your knees into your chest. people kept knocking on the bathroom door to see i'm alright, I wasn't.

It was a tough pill to swallow, I'm still feeling empty, didn't eat all day and it's noon already. Probably the most heartbreaking final lose I went through out of those last 5. It seems sometimes being a Juve fan can take the most out of you, I can't find words of encouragement to give myself let alone to you guys who share the same agony. I don't even know what happened during that last 2nd half, I have no critique or observation, that whole half didn't even register in my brain and I don't think I have it in me to watch it again.

I don't post much but I love you guys, reading this forum daily has been a huge part of my love for this club. I haven't read a single post here yet after the match, couldn't bare it, but I will do so now. I know somehow this place will make me feel a little better and it's something I don't take for granted. Thank you everyone who makes this place and club what it is, a family (dysfunctional one but still).

Stay strong everyone ,our time will come or insert some other bullshit saying, fuck, it hurts

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Juventus wasn't expected to make the final this year either.
I dont know about that.

Money was spent.

There were plenty of people expecting (not just talking about fans here or in italy). Including media broadcasters who own the rights of CL and im not talkin about italians. English channels thought Juve might do it. And that wasnt just yesterday before kick off. Graham Souness and Roy Keane picked Juve to win it this season.

And we showed ambition with spending around 145m on players last summer.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Had fun, @Fint?

- - - Updated - - -

It's like Italy losing the Euro final 4-0, remember that? That was pretty shocking too.
Yes Martin thanks, once in a lifetime experience I would have to say. Enjoyed the entire spectacle, especially the build up outside the stadium and everything up to the half time :sergio:
Yesterday I tried to find some more info on Twitter about that accident in Turin. I was gutted to see some of the comments below the tweets with news.

''Even Isis don't like Juventus'', ''let them all die'' shit like that. All of them kept coming from Milanistas. Sad.
Disgusting vile pieces of shit

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I dont know about that.

Money was spent.

There were plenty of people expecting (not just talking about fans here or in italy). Including media broadcasters who own the rights of CL and im not talkin about italians. English channels thought Juve might do it. And that wasnt just yesterday before kick off. Graham Souness and Roy Keane picked Juve to win it this season.

And we showed ambition with spending around 145m on players last summer.
We had one of the best mercato's but bookies had Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Atlético, PSG, City ahead of us as cl favorites. I'm talking at the start of the season.
After our performance against Barca, many thought we would win it.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
In autumn those pundits said that.

Who cares about bookies. Bookies thought Manchester would win the EPL last season. Stop believing bookies. Its a random bs really. They went with the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)