[CL FINAL] JUVENTUS 1-4 Real Madrid [3rd June, 2017] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
in short, all I see is yet another proof of one thing that possibly what caused us to suffer all those defeats in finals : the team philosophy is just not suited to win finals

both barca and madrid have weaker defenses and are unbalanced compared to us, yet they spanked us in finals, and the fact is, for all our supposed defensive superiority to the rest of europe in history, it certainly didn't help us in finals.

is it mental problem? maybe, but maybe that in itself caused in part by that philosophy, what I'm trying to rationalize here is that this team being more defensive oriented in the history, but were forced to play in final matches conditions that of the rather opposite of that philosophy, and that caused clashes or sort of that lead to us being confused mentally and not confident and all that or whatever.

maybe I'm just talking nonsense here... but then again my second paragraph above is just something that can't be denied, we loses to unbalanced teams that are supposedly 'couldn't defend', we loses to superior attacks in finals; the trend is there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
I think our only hope is that we pull a Bayern, make it to the final next year and somehow win it.

Being optimistic, with a clever mercato to strengthen our team, we are easily top 4 in Europe. We should make it at least to the semi finals. But yeah this feels like an end of a cycle.
Definitely is an end of a cycle. It's gonna be tough to keep Bonucci, Dybala in this upcoming mercato. I wouldn't mind seeing Khedira leave. I felt so bad for Pjanic today- can't do it all in a two man midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Next time we reach a final, I am counting on you to tell me if I should watch the game or not afterward.
I was very close to watching the game live but decided to clean the house instead :D I guess it helps with the stress during the game but still hurt a lot when I got the message that we lost.

Actually, I was pretty sure we were gonna win it until friday when I woke up with a bad feeling and deep down I knew Real would win.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I just can't get to sleep, man this has numbed me up proper. Whose to blame? Idk for now I'm just cursing our luck in final. Them deflected goals really did mentally screw us over, I can't help but think how things would have been different. The ifs and buts will remain there as will that numb feeling. Now I keep saying to myself, surely I should have seen this coming, surely. Were we that blind? That deceived?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Fitness should not have been an issue, Real played more games than us during season, they had supercap and the club world cup in the winter.
It isn't but we train harder than any club out there and it's this that is our strength and weakness at the same time.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
i think this goes beyond the quality of the players. Something has to change at the core of the institution because not even when we had the best teams in the world we could dominate this competition. There is something that we are systematically doing wrong. Just look at the squads of Real Madrid in 98 and 2000, nothing out of this world and somehow won it. Even last year Zidane took charge of the team in midseason and still found a way to win it.

Dec 26, 2004
I just can't get to sleep, man this has numbed me up proper. Whose to blame? Idk for now I'm just cursing our luck in final. Them deflected goals really did mentally screw us over, I can't help but think how things would have been different. The ifs and buts will remain there as will that numb feeling. Now I keep saying to myself, surely I should have seen this coming, surely. Were we that blind? That deceived?

I would never blame it on deflected goals, the more you shoot at goal the bigger your chances to get a defelection goal.

Real was playing much better than us in 2nd even before the 2nd goal.

And yeah, I can't sleep either.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012

That deflection from Casemiro was really fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

I think i am going to fire up Battlefield 1 and blow up stuff. Shiiiiiiiiit I hate this feeling after losing another final

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Definitely is an end of a cycle. It's gonna be tough to keep Bonucci, Dybala in this upcoming mercato. I wouldn't mind seeing Khedira leave. I felt so bad for Pjanic today- can't do it all in a two man midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is total overreaction now. Why would Bonucci and Dybala leave? Dybala just extend long term contract. Bonucci is one of the main defenders here.

We earned lot of money by reaching final, money shouldnt be an issue right now in terms of, getting player X we need to sell player Y first. Not this season.

This is first final for Dybala be in mind. I can see maybe smth happening regarding Bonucci if he himself decides, but i dont see that at all. All this media talk oh he goes to uk. He has a sick son, they are fully italian family, he needs to take care of his son after his work commitments, i see this quite difficult for then Bonucci to just go to Manchester now suddenly. It will not be easy. Given his sons love for the other Turin club also, there would be difficult to go watch games live etc etc.

TBF the way Dybala played tonight, he doesnt justify this hype of next this or that. Quiet match from him.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont want to sound harsh and this isnt my opinion, but i think i read from reddit, did Buffon even make a save this match? Fair enough some of the goals deflection but to let in 4 goals is not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)