[CL] Champions League 2015/2016 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
K
Yup true. Ever since the second half of last season, we started playing in a more pragmatic way against the big teams, none of that possession football anymore, we're simply not good enough to pull that off, especially against the bigger teams. Now we started playing a style that depends a lot more on counter attacks; we did the same against United recently.

But it was indeed a perfectly executed gameplan, on our day we can be quite good.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, we'll beat them in Germany too :p

And i don't have to disappear for a few days either :D
It's all well and good that Arsenal won, but your master lost.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
By the way, how promising is Bellerin, his run for the second goal was absolutely amazing. This isn't the first time he does this sort of thing. He's got a really promising future ahead of him, that pace is mesmerizing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
By the way, how promising is Bellerin, his run for the second goal was absolutely amazing. This isn't the first time he does this sort of thing. He's got a really promising future ahead of him, that pace is mesmerizing.
Given his age I think he has another 15 seasons of fourth place finishes in him. Sure looks good!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What logic are you talking about? And be sure of Juve winning, in then it is what you believe will happen just as what I believe will happen. When I say I am sure Roma will win against Bayer at home it does not mean they will do in reality; it only means that I am sure of MY prediction.
I'm just teasing you. :D

I'd guess Roma qualify after this result, although I could see them fucking up one of the Bate/Bayer home games. They have a tendency to do such things.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Really poor set-up from Bayern in that game.

Mueller's attacking movement is still, to my mind, the most dangerous thing about Bayern's attack and Bayern never let him move off his wing the whole game.

That meant Bayern were relatively easy to contain, though Arsenal did not defend well at all, so still conceded several clear chances.

Bayern were obviously scared of Arsenal's pace on the break, which is not unreasonable.

But that led to them not pushing either fullback high enough up the pitch to allow Bayern to maintain width/shape without wasting Mueller.

What was even worse was that Bayern's fullbacks still got high enough up the pitch that they weren't in a useful position to defend counter-attacks.

It would have made more sense if Vidal had held deep with Alonso in order to keep balance while Lahm went forward and freed Mueller to get closer to Lewandowski.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfectly executed gameplan from Arsenal.
Was Bayern missing three or four clear chances part of the gameplan?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Had there ever been a CL game where both sides blew a two-goal lead?

- - - Updated - - -

Guardiola's limitations as a coach really start to show when the team he's coaching isnt rediculously superior to the opponent.
I like what Guardiola's is doing this season (or at least I like it more than what he was doing).

He is moderating his approach and going back to something recognisable as regular football instead of the ludicrously extreme possession game he has enforced in recent years.

That's giving the players more freedom to go and play.

But he cocked up the game tonight.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
While i agree with that aswel, i can allmost watch their games these days, it doesnt take away that his limitations as a coach start to show, and he's quite fallen of his pedestal he never should have been on.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
hope we stay with 3 CL spots, more cash for Juve. Since Serie A lost 4th CL spot we've been getting way more money than all the biggest teams.

only reason i'd want to see Serie A get the 4th is just to see EPL lose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)