[CL] Champions League 2014/15 (8 Viewers)

Who do you want us to face in 1/2?

• Barcelona

• Real Madrid

• Bayern

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Don't be mistaken here: Jardim is a crafty coach with the resources he has, and his boys can definitely make life extremely difficult for Juve or anybody at this stage of the competition. We could easily fall into the same Arsenal overconfidence trap.

But I'd much rather face that problem than, say, Barcelona.
Exactly what I meant. Just because Monaco is easily the best draw we could have gotten, maybe along Porto, doesn't mean it's gonna be an easy task. Yet most people here already have their mind on the semifinals.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
@DelPiero84 @Roman

as you asked yesterday for some german reactions to the dortmund game(s), here is another one:
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...chen-barcelona-paris-real-madrid,seite=2.html

it seems we left a pretty good impression, at least spox sees it that way :).
they see us as the 3rd best team left in the competition, behind 1. bayern and 2. barca.
i don´t want to argue how reasonable that is (it isn´t ;)) but still some nice words:

"juve surely have been one of the biggest surprises in this years cl season.
italian football has been pronounced dead quite often in the last few year. even juve´s 3 titles in a row couldn´t change that.
but juve´s games against dortmund showed that this team possesses enormous qualities.
an early goal always favours the italians a big deal because juve looks inpregnable defensively.
the collective moves against the ball with great discipline and doesn´t show the opposition a lot of gaps.
additionally they are quite strong on the counter, which works brilliant because of the world-class central player pogba and vidal and an in-form tevez up-front.
the only downside of this juventus team: they struggle to implement a possession game against strong opponents.
this could lead to juve getting under a lot of pressure against dominant teams like bayern or barca.
nevertheless, their victory against dortmund showed that they are well able to handle even that."

(rough translation)
Thanks,:tup:
Perfect game to play Pirlo IMO, we'll enjoy a lot of possession and we will need some magic to unlock thier defence.
Agree.

Overall it is for sure the best draw we could have asked for.
But ofcourse we need to keep the feet on the ground and take it with the right approach.
great chance to make the semis...(OMG,who would have thought).And maybe even have Pogba back for the later stages.

Forza Juve!!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We can't keep on playing shit teams forever, man. It's the CL. Sooner or later you're going to face an actual opponent.
PSG knocks barca out
Porto knocks Bayern out
We meet one of them, the other one knocks one of Atletico or Real out and voila. Theoretically it can happen but practically it is something elese.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
PSG knocks barca out
Porto knocks Bayern out
We meet one of them, the other one knocks one of Atletico or Real out and voila. Theoretically it can happen but practically it is something elese.
But I guess there's now no chance of no Spanish teams in the semi-finals. :cry:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Men, i just hope we do not underestimate Monaco and relax thinking that we will go to the semis no matter how we play.

We need to go with the same urgency we did with Borussia, otherwise we can get cocky and hitted on the counter. I dont want that to happen.

Please Juve,,,,listen to nedved.... destroy monaco!!!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I completely missed the draw. Went to buy some groceries and then watch my twitter and see GDM talk about Berbatov. I said why is this fucker talking about Berba? Pissed me off again and then saw on VS we drew Monaco. :oops:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)