[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (7 Viewers)

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Ok, I'm getting a bit tired of all this Bayern $#@!-sucking going on here... ok we get it they're good, really $#@!in good... but enough already.
Prepere yourself. In a year Bayern will be named the best team in the world and everybody will hail them like with Barcelona. Bayern will be loved by journalists and "experts" and hated by football fans. Of course if they lose CL final there will be shred of status quo in Europe.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
I'm half a bayeren fan eversince the effenberg era. And i'm sceptical, unlike you apparently.
Last year, real was very impressive. The first leg they missed so many chances, bayeren was lucky there. In the return, madrid was tired from the classico, and ran out of steam allready in the end of the first half.
This year however, they made excellent investments, their star youngsters upped their level of play, and became the best team in europe.
yes thats true, real of last year would win against dortmund, thats for sure.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyway, maybe all of the goals could have been prevented, maybe none of them.

If Ronaldo did more, it would make it easier for Real to maintain a compact shape and deny opponents space in key areas.

Just now, either the left-back is exposed or the midfield has to cover a lot of ground on that side of the pitch.

Those things create more space for teams to play through the middle of Real and also leave their CBs more space to cover.

In an ideal scenario, Real would have the defence and midfield that would allow them to leave Ronaldo with no responsibility, but they don't have that, so need all the help they can get to maintain a proper structure and help to mask the weaknesses in the middle of their team.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
how can you mask a defender/mid who cant clear, or a cb that cant mark, it doesnt matter how much running you do those weaknesses will be exposed because these are the premiere teams in the world. I just dont see your point.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The less space the weak links have to cover, the less likely the are to be exposed.

And Real's defence and midfield aren't as bad as you are making them out to be.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's not specifically about the goals that were conceded against BVB.

They looked exposed against Man Utd as well and against BVB in the group.

Ronaldo isn't providing enough of a counter-attacking threat in those games, to my mind, to justify giving him no defensive responsibilities.

Maybe it wouldn't help them at all, but with Ronaldo not looking dangerous on the counter-attack, I don't really see what they have to lose by asking him to work a bit harder.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's not specifically about the goals that were conceded against BVB.

They looked exposed against Man Utd as well and against BVB in the group.

Ronaldo isn't providing enough of a counter-attacking threat in those games, to my mind, to justify giving him no defensive responsibilities.

Maybe it wouldn't help them at all, but with Ronaldo not looking dangerous on the counter-attack, I don't really see what they have to lose by asking him to work a bit harder.

i personally would rather keep him fresh to make those potential lightening fast runs late in the game

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'd sooner have him work more in big games and rest him in an few extra easy home games in La Liga.

Anyway, if Real make good signings in the summer this shouldn't be a problem as they ought to have the strength to be able to let him not do much defending.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Hummeles-alaba
Vidal-schweinsteiger
Gotze
Suarez-Ibrahimovic-muller​

- - - Updated - - -

cause sorry but ronaldo and messi did nothing in europe when it mattered, and remember, its not who has the most potential, but who was the most important when it mattered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)