[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (9 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You cannot blame mourinho and he far surpassed my expectations at real madrid.

The tactically best coach in the game of the last 10 years he was. Massively good with his version of 4-2-3-1 with the wide am's putting in defensive work.
Using 2 Holding midfielders, extremely able in winning close combat duels, domminating the play, and a powerfull striker.

Has to go to real. Play fancy football. Work with wingers that cannot track back if their lives depend on it.
Madrid's centre midfield was PATHETIC. Alonso can just pass, isnt a carrying player. no one to play next to him or mentionable quality.
Defence ? they got a halfdecent defence, but good offensive backs.
and none of both strikers are the type he wants. he needed a cavani or dzeko or falcao.

And how did he do ? he revived a team, got 3 semi finals.
- lost the first, while playing ALOT better then the year before, he was not ready for barcelona
- played the best football in the world in the second season. tired players and bad luck lost the semi's to bayeren. won the title against fc-messi-scores-a-hattrick.
- had problems in the third season, yet still second in la liga and unlucky not to reach finals.

Just imagine, this bayeren with mourinho as coach. he could have won 3 trebble's in a row

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Dunno.

Mourinho seemed really hacked off with the players after that game, as if he felt he'd prepared them properly and they had just failed to turn up.

Of course, that may just have been Mourinho trying to pass the buck, but that's not the impression I got.

Anyway, I don't think Mourinho has done particularly well at Real. It's still very rare that they play as a cohesive unit and little seems to have been done to address some pretty obvious flaws in their personnel (which may not entirely be Mourinho's fault) and tactics.

I would also like to hear an explanation of why the guys like Reus, Muller and Ribery (and even Robben lately) are able to play a full role in their team's play both in attack and defence, but Ronaldo is basically allowed to switch off as soon as Real don't have the ball.

Quite hard to create a properly balanced team when you have more than one player in the team who contributes almost nothing defensively. Even harder when it's a wide player, rather than a striker, who isn't doing any defensive work.

Ronaldo is a great athlete - at least comparable in that regard, if not better than the players I mentioned - so surely he could manage to track the run of the opposition fullback on a reasonably regular basis.

Teams like BVB and Bayern (and Juve, for that matter) are playing both phases of the game with all their players.

Real are choosing to significantly handicap themselves by not doing the same.

because of this:

none of the players you mentioned come even close to producing offensively as much as cristiano. Real is out because madrid defenders mark like amateurs.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Exactly what i was going to say.
Ronaldo is exceptionally hard to mark cause he swerves around all the time, and has this insane burst of speed he can pull off.
The big issue is that madrid's team, is not really that good tactically and defensively.
certainly, their strikers, and the ronaldo-ozil-di maria trio is exceptional

but when looking at xabi alonso and whatever the fuck you put next to him, and their cb, then the problem is clear
Just look at bayeren. Schweinsteiger and martinez holding. Kroos or muller central. Defence having the superb dante. Now thats a fucking unit
Look at us. Vidal, pogba, marchisio, asamoah possible for center roles if power is needed. a defence including barzagli and chiellini. Thats a fucking unit.

Madrid never had the organisation to totally back ronaldo.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013

The tactically best coach in the game of the last 10 years he was. Massively good with his version of 4-2-3-1 with the wide am's putting in defensive work.
Using 2 Holding midfielders, extremely able in winning close combat duels, domminating the play, and a powerfull striker.
sounds like inter in 2010, although they suck hard nowdays, back in 2010 mou transformed them to a solid unit as you mentioned with his version of 4-2-3-1

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
because of this:

none of the players you mentioned come even close to producing offensively as much as cristiano. Real is out because madrid defenders mark like amateurs.
The way he's plays just now is fine in the majority of games, but in big games I think Real need him to do more defensively. Of course, if they improved other areas of their team they could possibly afford to carry him in these big games the way they do in normal La Liga games.

In games like the ones against Man Utd and BVB, Real aren't a threat for significant periods, but they still insist on leaving Ronaldo high up the pitch (as well as the CF) when they are under severe pressure and when they really need everyone back helping.

Now I'm not suggesting he run around like (Juve's) Pepe and kill himself for the team, but being prepared to drop back 30-40 yards on his flank to allow Real to hold a proper shape and to stop the left-back being destroyed playing one against two on that side of the pitch.

I think Ferguson was right to play Ronaldo CF in big games.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yes, and when his departure to real madrid was announced, i couldnt help but think that was the worst team to go to.

You should have gotten him, not pep who'll ruin everything bayeren is today.

The current 4-2-3-1 is essentially the same as mou's 2009/2010 inter

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The way he's plays just now is fine in the majority of games, but in big games I think Real need him to do more defensively. Of course, if they improved other areas of their team they could possibly afford to carry him in these big games the way they do in normal La Liga games.

In games like the ones against Man Utd and BVB, Real aren't a threat for significant periods, but they still insist on leaving Ronaldo high up the pitch (as well as the CF) when they are under severe pressure and when they really need everyone back helping.

Now I'm not suggesting he run around like (Juve's) Pepe and kill himself for the team, but being prepared to drop back 30-40 yards on his flank to allow Real to hold a proper shape and to stop the left-back being destroyed playing one against two on that side of the pitch.

this is easily going to be solved.

ancelotti joins madrid.

sells higuain, khedira, coentaro and kaka

buys cavani, vidal, chiellini and Rooney

Ramos--varane-chiellini--marcello

-------vidal--alonso--modric

---rooney/di maria---cavani--ronaldo

welcome your new real madrid overlords

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
this is easily going to be solved.

ancelotti joins madrid.

sells higuain, khedira, coentaro and kaka

buys cavani, vidal, chiellini and Rooney

Ramos--varane-chiellini--marcello

-------vidal--alonso--modric

---rooney/di maria---cavani--ronaldo

welcome your new real madrid overlords
sure about this?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
think he will leave/be forced out.

he has sucked for years now, even in his last season with milan.

woudnt be suprised if he goes back to brazil...or joins milan again.

edit: ahhh you mean the connection with ancelotti? hmmm good catch. no sure what to think....

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dont think it makes a difference in grand scheme of things.

its def going to be an interesting market in summer. chelsea, madrid and city are going to cause lots of transfer movement. bayern has already started thier with a great bang. other big teams like man u, juve and barca will be making deals as well.

this maybe one of the busiest summer markets since the early 2000s

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
dont think it makes a difference in grand scheme of things.

its def going to be an interesting market in summer. chelsea, madrid and city are going to cause lots of transfer movement. bayern has already started thier with a great bang. other big teams like man u, juve and barca will be making deals as well.

this maybe one of the busiest summer markets since the early 2000s
I'm curious about the deals juve will make, as I said it would be nice to see Juve in CL final again, time has come for you :agree:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we are close to securing a huge promising talent in diaminti. denis is another promising goal scoring CF we are after. wiith peluso also being signed permanently.

we will be unstoppable with those 3. and it would continue marotta's recent signings of promising youngsters

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

ok which of dortmund's 4 goals can be faulted to ronaldo missing defensive duties?

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
we are close to securing a huge promising talent in diaminti. denis is another promising goal scoring CF we are after. wiith peluso also being signed permanently.

we will be unstoppable with those 3. and it would continue marotta's recent signings of promising youngsters
:lol2:

Sep 21, 2009

- played the best football in the world in the second season. tired players and bad luck lost the semi's to bayeren. won the title against fc-messi-scores-a-hattrick.
- had problems in the third season, yet still second in la liga and unlucky not to reach finals.

Just imagine, this bayeren with mourinho as coach. he could have won 3 trebble's in a row
Are you kidding me??? YOu are a Bayern hater, that much is clear. Real was dominated by Bayern in both legs, and only gomez's finishing was what took the game to extra time. BAyern was better in all elements fo the games, they just didnt have luck. 3 trebles??? You truely are a biased man, mourinho's reign at Real will be considered a faliure. Bayern is much, much better.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Are you kidding me??? YOu are a Bayern hater, that much is clear. Real was dominated by Bayern in both legs, and only gomez's finishing was what took the game to extra time. BAyern was better in all elements fo the games, they just didnt have luck. 3 trebles??? You truely are a biased man, mourinho's reign at Real will be considered a faliure. Bayern is much, much better.
I'm half a bayeren fan eversince the effenberg era. And i'm sceptical, unlike you apparently.
Last year, real was very impressive. The first leg they missed so many chances, bayeren was lucky there. In the return, madrid was tired from the classico, and ran out of steam allready in the end of the first half.
This year however, they made excellent investments, their star youngsters upped their level of play, and became the best team in europe.

Mourinho went into a league, not able to play his trademark playstyle, against a rampant barcelona. nontheless, he still took one title of them, and this year won most of the classico's. Because of internal problems, the team dropped plenty of points in the league, and had below par performances in europe. yet still managed a third semi final in a row.

Back to bayeren, if guardiola goes there, a simular thing will happen. bayeren will not play their accustomed game, and they'll be less then this year.

If mourinho went to bayeren... Well mou's trademark formation is a 4-2-3-1 with 2 controlling midfielders, hardworking but very skillfull flanks, mobile passer as cam, strong centreforward, and powerfull overlapping wingbacks. That is exactly what bayeren currently has. Mourinho could have gone there and further perfected the work of Jup.

Sep 21, 2009
I'm half a bayeren fan eversince the effenberg era. And i'm sceptical, unlike you apparently.
Last year, real was very impressive. The first leg they missed so many chances, bayeren was lucky there. In the return, madrid was tired from the classico, and ran out of steam allready in the end of the first half.
This year however, they made excellent investments, their star youngsters upped their level of play, and became the best team in europe.

Mourinho went into a league, not able to play his trademark playstyle, against a rampant barcelona. nontheless, he still took one title of them, and this year won most of the classico's. Because of internal problems, the team dropped plenty of points in the league, and had below par performances in europe. yet still managed a third semi final in a row.

Back to bayeren, if guardiola goes there, a simular thing will happen. bayeren will not play their accustomed game, and they'll be less then this year.

If mourinho went to bayeren... Well mou's trademark formation is a 4-2-3-1 with 2 controlling midfielders, hardworking but very skillfull flanks, mobile passer as cam, strong centreforward, and powerfull overlapping wingbacks. That is exactly what bayeren currently has. Mourinho could have gone there and further perfected the work of Jup.
Check out the first leg again, Real had one clear cut chance and they scored, ronaldo missed but then it came to Ozil. What id they miss? All the newspaper headlines were saying "bayern reus miss chances" and stuff like that. Real ha 20 minutes of play in both of the games, Bayern dominated the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2012/04/18/3044054/jury-still-out-on-mourinhos-madrid-real-yet-to-prove-their This proves my point exaclty. They were dominated by Bayern in both legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)