[CL] Champions League 2011/12 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He's been fit for over a year now.
I knew someone would bring that up. But that doesn't change the fact that he's an injury prone player. This is probably his first season with Arsenal where he hasn't missed at least a couple of months due to injury.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ok, maybe it means he knows his body better and doesn't exert his muscles or get into awkward positions as often as he used to.

Would you reject Robben for the same reason? I know I wouldn't.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
We should aim for someone younger though.

Cavani or Higuain would be perfect.
Do you see them as realistic target tho?
Cavani's boat is long gone, there was a chance before he moved from Palermo, now our offer will be the last to be considered and we'll have to simply over-pay by alot, and I mean alot.
I really like Higuain, but I do think he'll suffer abit (like Matri, but not as much obviously) of lack of service. add to that they are both on long contracts...

RVP is remotely possible now bc of all this contract talks, once he renews he'll be out of our reach like the rest.
They would be, but I wouldn't mind Van Persie at all. Look at the difference Pirlo is making, RVP could do the same for us.
That's the way I see it, totally worth the gamble. :tup:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Ok, maybe it means he knows his body better and doesn't exert his muscles or get into awkward positions as often as he used to.

Would you reject Robben for the same reason? I know I wouldn't.
If we were to sign RvP it'd be for a three year contract, he'd most probably out after that. I don't want someone who would sit out one third of that. We are in the process of building a team, we need someone who will grow with the team. Pirlo is a different player altogether. In his 10 year stint in Milan, he had one major injury. I think it was Alen who pointed out that he barely missed any matches until his last season there. And that too, it was tactical after he regained fitness. Will RvP be able to pull a Pirlo? The chances of that are minuscule. Same with Robben. I rate both of them very highly. Just that I think it'd be a wrong move to invest our time in players who are proven to be injury prone and will demand high salaries. If they come cheap, I wouldn't mind at all.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:lol:

Yeah, I can't believe people are taking Zacheryah seriously here. Calling RvP nothing special. And then he disses Ronaldinho as if he wasn't one of the best players to ever play. ffs.
I didnt say he wasent, i say he wasted many talent by stopping to generally care about football

and stop proving holland has a history of rating any of its players far to high

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I'd keep my hands off RvP. He's a really good player, but if he can't stay fit at Arsenal, I can't imagine what he'd be once he hits Vinovo. Also, he'll be 29 by the end of the season, we should go for someone younger and less injury prone.
For free, I'd definitely sign him.

Better than any player we have right now, and I won't bet on Marotta to sign any young WC player this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)