[CL] Bordeaux 2-0 Juventus, Nov 25th, 2009 (2 Viewers)

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
I support 4-4-2 now. I am sorry but Ciro should not base our formation because we bought an expensive player who is supposed to play behind the striker(s). We have to play with a solid midfield and 2 people upfront (my choice would be DP and Trez) We all saw yesterday that once DP got in the box he cut the opponent defense with one move. His place is not on the wing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
:lol: what a rape
we came up against our worst nightmare...fast, athletic team which plays a lot down the wings with offensive fullbacks...we just couldn't handle the pace, and like I've said before, 4-2-3-1 with Ale on the left is not gonna work
That posts makes good sense, there are various reasons we have lost that game,
most of the ppl didnt mention, but this post did, in a couple of lines...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I honestly hope Bayern kicks us out and we get a new, quality coach to take over during the winter break. I'm sorry but Ciro doesn't cut it and if he survives the Bayern game, we're in for a huge humiliation in the second round. Just looking at the teams we can get is terrifying. Better start to reconstruct immediately and with a new coach and no CL, we might even have a shot of challenging for the title.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What is there to say? Bordeaux were clearly the better team & deserved the win. That's something I can live with.

What I can't live with however is the performance we put in. Bordeaux really wanted the win and went for it. We looked like we didn't care, as if we couldn't be bothered. Shameful really. Does this problem lie with the players or the coach? I really don't know.
I can't see the 4-2-3-1 working with Del Piero though. I know we haven't seen a lot of it yet, but the imbalance on our left side was appaling.

Thankfully our defense actually showed up, otherwise Bordeaux could have really slaughtered us.

Buffon 6,5 - Did what he could. Some nice saves, can't be blamed for any of the goals.
Caceres 6 - Mostly good game with some nice tackles & he tried to help out in attack. Was caught for the 2nd goal though.
Legrottaglie 6,5 - Pretty good game. Considering how we didn't bother Bordeaux when they tried to attack, he held his own pretty well.
Chiellini 6,5 - Comparable to Legro.
Grosso 5,5 - Mediocre game. Some troubles at the back and he didn't contribute enough going forward. Which was understandable during the first half, but I wonder why that didn't change in the 2nd.
Melo 5 - Better than during the weekend, but that's not saying much. Some bad passes as usual, but what really bothers me is that, when he's beaten by his opponent, he just seems to give up. If it wasn't for his price, I don't think he would be starting many games.
Sissoko 5,5 - Difficult game because he had to do a lot by himself.
Camoranesi 4,5 - Should have been sent off. I guess he'll never learn. He did improve as the game went on, you have to give him that, but it just wasn't enough.
Diego 5 - Pretty poor (the miss in front of an open goal says it all), but he was involved in pretty much every offensive move we tried.
Del Piero 4,5 - It hurts me to see him playing like this. Clearly used out of position in the 1st half, but even when you consider that he was pretty lame, he could have tried a little harder. Completely invisible in the 2nd half, except for 1 great move.
Amauri 5 - I'm not gonna blame him for his attacking display, since he almost never saw the ball. But what's the use in "helping out" at the back (corners etc.) when you're not even going to try to do something?

Immobile 5 - Couldn't do anything.
Giovinco 5 - He looked lively but didn't actually do much.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Someone (MELO) needs to give them better options for passes.
They can have 10 Xavi's and 6 Lampards it will still be the same with the same outcome which is that our defenders are clueless with the ball at their feet. They know nothing about passing but shooting wide and crossing.

To keep ball possession you need defenders more than midfielders capable of passing the ball between themselves/each others.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I honestly hope Bayern kicks us out and we get a new, quality coach to take over during the winter break. I'm sorry but Ciro doesn't cut it and if he survives the Bayern game, we're in for a huge humiliation in the second round. Just looking at the teams we can get is terrifying. Better start to reconstruct immediately and with a new coach and no CL, we might even have a shot of challenging for the title.
But is it really Ciro's fault Vlat? And am talking recently.

He is not the perfect coach and has problems, that was shown earlier. But he has shown a bit of adaptability but not real invention to deal with those games.

I can't fault him completely because we have our important players underperforming. Melo is crying and suuking because some people in the media criticized him and Diego isn't providing what we expect ( i.e. mostly goals especially and assists) and being just a threat. Both of them are succumbing to the pressure too easily. Then Amauri and grosso being inconsistent.

I could fault him for not enforcing some of the things he mentions after the games. Obviously he knows some of the things to focus on with these teams but we still see the mistakes. For example Bordeaux with the set pieces and marking and napoli with the counters if am not mistaken.

We decided to go with the route of younger, less experienced coach and I think we should stick with him at least till the end of the first team and should be till the end of the first season.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
what to say, what to say.....

we cant change formation for one game after such success in the other games.....it didnt work, we got our sorry asses killed, somethings missing i dont no wat that is.....i am dumbfounded

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

But is it really Ciro's fault Vlat? And am talking recently.
Well I don't know to be honest. But things aren't clicking. Not just this game but the whole season, our convincing wins can be counted on the fingers of one hand. And since we can't change the whole team, the coach is usually the one who takes the fall and when that coach is a young and inexperienced one, like Ciro, the decision is even easier. When I look at last year's team, I see a squad a lot weaker but still more determined and compact. And that falls on Ciro's hands I'm afraid.

Should we be patient? I don't know, I may be just agitated currently but right now, I want a new man in charge.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we just i hate to use it but

lost that juventus spirit, the we will get that goal we will pull through mentality.

it seems we just get angry and do stupid things, we need someone to come in and tell these boys what juventus is, what it stands for!

lets get nedved in the rooms, he knows just as well as anyone!

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
The person responsible for Morale and therefore the 'winning mentality' is Ciro Ferrera, he is clearly not good at man-management and motivation.

Do you honestly think that Gasparini, Prandelli, Blanc, Billic or Hiddink would have mirrored these results?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
both times he had to mark someone who went for a header and he did not even jump ... if centre back is his preferred position, than i do not even find the words for how bad he would be there when he has no clue how defend high balls.
I may be wrong here, but wasn't it Amauri "marking" the scorer on the 1st goal?

didn't we technically do that?
So answer my question, based on the other subs we made Giovinco and marchisio on, who would have you brought on when we were loosing 2-0???
No matter who or when we subbed, I don't think it would have changed one bit.

If not Hiddink now, then Blanc after the season of failure.
Blanc might not be that far fetched.

Unfortunately we ended up in the situation that I hate most. Juventus are ahead of one point and Bayern need a win. I know as of now that Juventus will defend the lead from the very first minute and will concede a goal and just chase the result only to kiss the tournament goodbye.
Absolutely. We will try to play for a 0-0 draw. It might work out, but it's way too tricky.

I really dont think that Legro was so much better than Sissoko...
Fair enough. I just feel that when you consider what both him & Giorgio were up against, their performance was more than acceptable.

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
Ratings from La Stampa.

Buffon 6
Caceres 5
Legrottaglie 6
Chiellini 6,5
Grosso 5
Sissoko 5,5
Felipe Melo 5,5
Camoranesi 5
Diego 4,5
Del Piero 5,5
Amauri 5
Immobile 6

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The only quality aspect of this game (from a Juve fan perspective) was the quality of the stream as far as I am concerned; too bad our performance didn't mirror that of the good stream I had.

Appalling, abysmal, disgusting, listless, and shameful are all words I can use to describe this performance. Kudos to Bordeaux for playing the game the way they did; judging by the performance of both teams, you'd think that Bordeaux were the ones in need of the result, and not vice versa. We never showed up; in fact, we seemed bothered even being there. No spirit, guts, or determination. Misplaced passes, and our 2 midfield destroyers seemed like midfield souffles, being battered around by Bordeaux players.

Notes from this game:

1) Melo needs to see the bench for a long time. Given their current form, I would start Poulsen over him anyday.

2) Our Fullbacks are nothing special, and with the mediocrity that they represent we stand no chance of winning anything.

3) Amauri needs better service, otherwise he can't score.

4) Camoranesi needs to be more mature in vital games; he almost got sent off yesterday. In fact, he deserved to be sent off.

5) Diego was invisible, but I can't really blame him when the supporting cast was piss poor.

6) Del Piero should never start on the left. He is not a winger. He is slow and old, and therefore sticking him on the left renders him useless. If we must stick to the 4-2-3-1, then drop Del Piero to the bench.

1/3 of the season has gone by, and we have yet to see a consistent and convincing Juve. We can't string 3 passes together against inferior opposition, and we have scraped by in many games. I don't expect us to win or challenge for anything this season, unless drastic changes are introduced over the winter mercato. We keep making fun of Milan, but at least they have a distinct style of play; they may concede a lot of goals, but at least they play football, a brand of football that is entertaining to watch. Inter are boring, but at least they are consistent and pragmatic in Serie A; they still have to transfer that kind of attitude to the CL. I, for one, hope they don't. Fiorentina lack focus and concentration, but at least they play football. As for us, we are disgusting to watch both in Serie A and Europe, and based on our performances in the CL are the weakest of the Italian representatives thus far.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Should we be patient? I don't know, I may be just agitated currently but right now, I want a new man in charge.
Personally, I think we should. Ferrara holds lot of responsibility for last night game, but I think we should be a little bit more patient.

I think after Inter's match we can evaluate things better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)