[CL] Bordeaux 2-0 Juventus, Nov 25th, 2009 (2 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Marchisio is versatile midfielder and he played fine on the wing in a 4-4-2. It would be a new position for him and he brings different attributes than Gio but it is worth trying. He could also play next to one of Momo or Melo if necessary.

And tbh I wouldn't say Gio has excelled in this formation. He was superb against Sampdoria and Maccabi but in several other matches with the 4-2-3-1 he was unimpressive
If we played the 4-2-3-1 without Gio, it would be a mistake. He has the ability to beat a defender one on one something Marchisio does not possess. Why play a CM out wide it makes no sense. Might aswell revert back to the 4-3-1-2 if we are thinking about Marchisio. He can be used as cover for Melo and Sissoko.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sure Gio is better at dribbling past players but that isn't everything. Gio's fading in and out of matches can be a problem and I didn't say Marchisio would be an instant success there but it is worth trying IMO

He played a pretty offensive role on the wing with Italy and he was very impressive there

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Sure Gio is better at dribbling past players but that isn't everything. Gio's fading in and out of matches can be a problem and I didn't say Marchisio would be an instant success there but it is worth trying IMO
I don't dismiss the fact, but I'd rather have a player playing in a position that is confident playing there. Or we could see another episode of what we saw Sunday night with Diego out of the left looking completly uneffective.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't dismiss the fact, but I'd rather have a player playing in a position that is confident playing there. Or we could see another episode of what we saw Sunday night with Diego out of the left looking completly uneffective.
If Gio was performing consistently than this wouldn't be a problem but he was uninvolved on Sunday. Agree about Diego, he clearly should not be played in that position in the future.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
If Gio was performing consistently than this wouldn't be a problem but he was uninvolved on Sunday. Agree about Diego, he clearly should not be played in that position in the future.
He will have games like such, as a unit we were average on sunday. Camo,Diego and Gio were all poor. The issue with Gio is he needs to stay in the team and he will flourish I'm sure of it.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I hope you are right, he is enormously talented and I would hate to see him wasted on the bench or used as a pawn on the transfer market.
It all depends on where we see Del Piero in this system. If we see him out on the left then we will have to rotate Gio.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't like the idea of DP as an attacking mid, he played poorly and was pretty angry at Donadoni for fielding him wide in the national team

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight either. Hopefully we'll beat the hell out of Bordeaux to make it worthwhile.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
x

Dp-Diego

I want to see this.
You don't get it though, that is merely and interpretation of their position on the length of the field, they will end up going wide to avoid confusing each other.
The best thing to do would be to put them on different wavelengths completely.
Amauri DP
Diego
Camo Marchisio
Sissoko​

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
^^ indeed, I didn't like the way Ciro stuck Diego to the left when Ale came in against Udinese...doesn't look right
No, not just ina 4-2-3-1 in a 4-3-2-1 with the 2 being DP and Diego won't work, you can already tell they have the same ideas and both want to make a run here ect, therefore the best thing to do is put them in different positions to restrain them from getting in each others way keep DP as a striker(ss if you want tobe picky) and diegoas a CAM, then theyare forced to play according to their positions, even this will take time though as they will have to learn to keep to these positions more strictly, on the other hand by putting them in the same positions they will keep doing the same thing, you can change their movement but not their footballing brains.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
why can't we play 4-4-2?
Don't you realise how much of a mind ache that will cause for people on this forum?
Plus where is Diego going to play? You're either going to be repressing him because your playing him too deep, or he will be a fish out of water on the wing.

Jan 22, 2009
Buffon

Caceres - Canavaro - Chiellini - Grosso

Sissoko - Poulsen

Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco

Amauri​

Of course it was a very tough call to replace Melo with Poulsen, but his recent displays suggest he needs more of a mental break. DP to replace Gio again after 50-55 min.

ps Oh, I forgot to mention that imo Chiellini and probably Grosso must rest after this game.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
:tup: I think this line up is the best, Diego flourises here, DP still doesn't look ripe to play such a part yet, my bet is Diego will be more likely to produce and deliver than him at this present moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)