[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-2 JUVENTUS [September 18th, 2019] (13 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Two ways to look at this.

1. In our toughest group game we completely dominated them. Two goals from open play, quite a few chances, more % ball posession, promising start. A draw isnt that bad

2. We keep on conceding goals from set pieces. So far we have conceded, 5 goals and 4 came from set pieces. It’s fixable but we lack aerial hight.

It’ll depends on how Sarri fixes the defence. It isnt easy without Chiellini, even Allegri couldnt properly do it without Chiellini.

Also. Sarri needs to come with a plan. Yesterday it wouldve been more logical to introduce Demiral and go 532 rather than Ramsey
No, height isn't the problem, timing is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tek
Danilo Bonucci MDL Alex Sandro
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Bernardeschi Higuain CR7
That rotation :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Two ways to look at this.

1. In our toughest group game we completely dominated them. Two goals from open play, quite a few chances, more % ball posession, promising start. A draw isnt that bad

2. We keep on conceding goals from set pieces. So far we have conceded, 5 goals and 4 came from set pieces. It’s fixable but we lack aerial hight.

It’ll depends on how Sarri fixes the defence. It isnt easy without Chiellini, even Allegri couldnt properly do it without Chiellini.

Also. Sarri needs to come with a plan. Yesterday it wouldve been more logical to introduce Demiral and go 532 rather than Ramsey

Maurizio.Sarri.Juve.primo.piano.2019.20.356x237.jpg

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
To continue with this routine this season, the @il brutto exercise for this game:

Last season we lost 2-0 in same fixture with Max at helm.

This means... something.
and we won 3-0 away at fiorentina. and we didn't need a koulibaly brainfart to comfortably beat napoli at home. and we won the league by december in allegri's worst season. and rarely managed to bottle a 2-3 goal leads with allegri, while with sarri, we did it twice in like 5 matches. that means... something.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
Atletico changed something like 5 of their starters.
and we won 3-0 away at fiorentina. and we didn't need a koulibaly brainfart to comfortably beat napoli at home. and we won the league by december in allegri's worst season. and rarely managed to bottle a 2-3 goal leads with allegri, while with sarri, we did it twice in like 5 matches. that means... something.
You aren't very bright, are you.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Atletico changed something like 5 of their starters.
It's not our problem really. Other than that, Felix doesn't look like a downgrade from Griezmann at all. I know he's still a kid but he's one heck of a player.

On the other hand we're in a much deeper change than Atletico. We've changed the coach and way of playing, they still have one coach and one system since like forever. Both sides could have its excuses but it doesn't matter.

--
Tbh I really liked what I saw. In the first half we lacked something upfront but I was happy with the way we could get away from they pressing, the buildup has improved vastly in comparison to the last season. Second half was so much better, we played faster and that turned into goals. The set pieces problem has been already described and there's nothing more to add to that. What I like is the fact it's not easy to break this team down from an open play. Fix the set pieces, introduce the new players soon enough and this machine could actually work very well this season.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Don't bother arguing with retards.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
so 4/5 goals conceded this season and the last 9/12 CL goals conceded have been from set pieces so clearly we have a problem but also, clearly, it didnt just begin with the switch to Sarri's zonal marking.

As much as it sucks to throw away a two goal lead like this i think there were a lot of positives in the overall performance and the end result of a score draw is one i would gladly take from any away trip to Atletico. that leverkussen lost is excellent too.

on a positive note we have a run of three very easy Serie A fixtures up next as well as the next two CL fixtures being home games against weaker opposition than atletico so we have ample time to sort out some of the defensive issues before we face a team that should really challenge us.

Sarri needs to grab this opportunity to phase in Ramsey and Rabiot, put some technique in midfield and sort out our set piece issues. He has the opportunity here but will he make the most of it?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
I don't have to look for friends here. And just bc you and your teenage girl clique are the butt of the joke doesn't mean others are.

You should change your nic to il Charmin.
I personally simply don't see the point of it as I'm not sure anyone other than yourself really cares about these petty "jokes" of yours. They come over as desperate attention seeking.

I guess we're all different though so if it brings some fulfillment in to your life I'm happy for you.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I personally simply don't see the point of it as I'm not sure anyone other than yourself really cares about these petty "jokes" of yours. They come over as desperate attention seeking.

I guess we're all different though so if it brings some fulfillment in to your life I'm happy for you.
You provided free entertainment for a page out of one post of mine. Ofc you don't see any points lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)