[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-2 JUVENTUS [September 18th, 2019] (11 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Two ways to look at this.

1. In our toughest group game we completely dominated them. Two goals from open play, quite a few chances, more % ball posession, promising start. A draw isnt that bad

2. We keep on conceding goals from set pieces. So far we have conceded, 5 goals and 4 came from set pieces. It’s fixable but we lack aerial hight.

It’ll depends on how Sarri fixes the defence. It isnt easy without Chiellini, even Allegri couldnt properly do it without Chiellini.

Also. Sarri needs to come with a plan. Yesterday it wouldve been more logical to introduce Demiral and go 532 rather than Ramsey
we don't defend after scoring a goal like allegri era. we were definitely in control second half but still MF line is mediocre and we are conceding from set pieces all the time.. even the napoli game after been the dominant side.

BlackVanilla

Mar 12, 2019
In the first half we were lucky that we could hold the zero, because we were not "completely dominating" them.

What do you guys think about Sarri, that he looks passive during the game. Compared to an Allegri or an D. Simeone he is very quite and not looking that he is taking action.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
In the first half we were lucky that we could hold the zero, because we were not "completely dominating" them.

What do you guys think about Sarri, that he looks passive during the game. Compared to an Allegri or an D. Simeone he is very quite and not looking that he is taking action.
We should hire Conte who is very very active :p

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

I dont care if he is smoking in his jumpsuit, while watching pasively on the sidelines, as long as we are winning and playing some good football.
People are paying way to much attention to these things.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

I think it's too early to even attempt to analyse his job so far. He was sick, missed a couple of matches then we got major injury problems.

He definitely needs more time to make his changes whether they're gonna be good or not is another story.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Sarri takes lots of notes and follows up with statistical data. He talks about how we were accused of being lazy against Fiorentina but in fact we ran more and faster than them, his conclusion was that their attitude was better as opposed to us not running around.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Zonal marking on the set-pieces. It just seems counter-intuitive for any defender. Zonal marking in general play is one thing but for set pieces, with all those bodies crowding the box, it's so much more unpredictable. I don't understand how you can construct a system where players know when to zone on/off opponents among the chaos of a set piece.

The only good reason Sarri gave for it in his press conference was to avoid penalties from VAR. Pretty thin if you ask me.

Wasn't a bad performance at all in that we didn't concede clear cut chances from open play and we manage to create some ourselves. Counter-attacking goals and chances wasn't what I was expecting from this new Sarri side, especially against Atletico. When we do have the ball for long periods in our half, we don't look any chance of scoring. That's where Matuidi and especially Khedira let us down. To carve out some space from an 8, 9 man defense you need midfielders with a lot more polish and imagination.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Zonal marking on the set-pieces. It just seems counter-intuitive for any defender. Zonal marking in general play is one thing but for set pieces, with all those bodies crowding the box, it's so much more unpredictable. I don't understand how you can construct a system where players know when to zone on/off opponents among the chaos of a set piece.

The only good reason Sarri gave for it in his press conference was to avoid penalties from VAR. Pretty thin if you ask me.

Wasn't a bad performance at all in that we didn't concede clear cut chances from open play and we manage to create some ourselves. Counter-attacking goals and chances wasn't what I was expecting from this new Sarri side, especially against Atletico. When we do have the ball for long periods in our half, we don't look any chance of scoring. That's where Matuidi and especially Khedira let us down. To carve out some space from an 8, 9 man defense you need midfielders with a lot more polish and imagination.
Most of teams adopt a mixed system of man marking and zonal marking which should be the way forward

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
and we won 3-0 away at fiorentina. and we didn't need a koulibaly brainfart to comfortably beat napoli at home. and we won the league by december in allegri's worst season. and rarely managed to bottle a 2-3 goal leads with allegri, while with sarri, we did it twice in like 5 matches. that means... something.
We never scored against Atleti away. Pointing it out 3-0 away to Viola it’s a lame excuse since we played at 8:45 pm with Allegri and not at 3:00pm.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
and we won 3-0 away at fiorentina. and we didn't need a koulibaly brainfart to comfortably beat napoli at home. and we won the league by december in allegri's worst season. and rarely managed to bottle a 2-3 goal leads with allegri, while with sarri, we did it twice in like 5 matches. that means... something.
In Allegri’s season we were 30 minutes from CL elimination in the group stage after losing two of our first three games and trailing against Olympiacos at home in the fourth.
All I’m saying is, we need to give it some time before making any real assessment.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In Allegri’s season we were 30 minutes from CL elimination in the group stage after losing two of our first three games and trailing against Olympiacos at home in the fourth.
All I’m saying is, we need to give it some time before making any real assessment.
of course. tell that to that bunch of geniuses who already act like sarri was already the best ever to coach juventus. and the same goes for those who already label sarri as a failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)