[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-2 JUVENTUS [September 18th, 2019] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Between changing formation, or using Bentancur and Berna as replacements, which option is the less risky one?
Obviously using bentancur is the less risky one but I am sure Sarri would like to surprise the opposition by a unlikely formation change

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Obviously using bentancur is the less risky one but I am sure Sarri would like to surprise the opposition by a unlikely formation change
We'll find out on Wednesday, but I think he'll go with the less risky option to avoid too much pressure in case we lose

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is already an interesting test for Sarri. I think it's risky to rely on the same gameplan that requires so much from Pjanic if he's compromised. You are really asking a lot from him to play through whatever knock he has against such a sharp side.

Do you just play Bentancur and adjust your style so there is much less build up in your own 3rd? Perhaps longer balls. Maybe the game is not so "beautiful" and you are relying more on a counter press to win the 2nd balls in Atletico's half.

I understand it takes time to adapt the whole style of the team but maybe just take a break for one match and be more pragmatic lol. I really, really, really hope we can see some ingenuity in this match. I think it's a big test. It would be a huge letdown to just go against Atletico and try the same stuff that didn't look great against Fiorentina, and get smashed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Obviously I can understand the frustration but we need to move forward and back our manager
This is what I don't understand. We are moving forward, I am backing the team but the manager has done nothing for me to back him or respect him. Now if I predict we will end up third in the league, does it mean that I want it to happen? Only naive people believe so. I want us to win everything there is to be won, year in year out, but this time around I think we'll end up empty handed. It does not make me less of a fan and it does not warrant idiotic posts from certain members that go to a personal level.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Yes. Just like Chelsea learned his style last season. Sarri has no remarkable style. You guys are fooling yourselves because of his Napoli days. But Napoli play the same football who ever the coach is.
He also coached Empoli who where playing good football.

- - - Updated - - -

not really. That's a rather small "if" considering all the injuries, coach's illness, midfield and defense personnel.
Well maybe if Atletico was firing on all cylinders but they don't. Their results this season are 1:0 win over Getafe, 3:2 win with Granada (winning goal in the stoppages) and a loss to Sociedad (0:2).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)