[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (12 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Enough with this "not cut out for this competition" bullshit. It's the most defeatest, baby attitude I've ever seen. Barcelona weren't cut out for this competition either, until they were because they ended up with a competent team. We all knew the midfield was utter shit going into the season, why are we surprised when passes get misplaced, the defense gets put under pressure, and the attack is disjointed then? Come on now.
Of course we can win the competition, but we need to find a way to bypass our shit midfield. Allegri got his tactics wildly off the mark tonight, and with MdS and a shit-form Sandro, we had no ability to move the ball forward to our attack. With Bentancur and Matuidi in midfield, we needed Cancelo 100% to support our attack. And in reality, best would have been subbing on Bernadeschi for one of our midfielders early too. We had no creativity on the pitch outside Dybala.

Allegri needs to find a way to get more players on the pitch who can create for Ronaldo and Mandzukic.

I have no doubt we'll play a better second leg. For some reason Allegri often gets his first leg tactics terribly wrong and only makes adjustments for the return. But I think it's very likely too little, too late.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Nah, after that match in Madrid last year, it's never over with Juve, no matter if we're winning or losing the 1st leg. If they score in the first 60 minutes, then it's over.
I'm afraid, though, that even if we make it to the quarters, a disappointment will be waiting just around the corner. As many have said already, we don't have the midfield to win it all.
I'm surprised we haven't switched over to a 2 man midfield yet, we are so incredibly static with this 3 man mid

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I don't think I can watch the return match... I can't take this anymore.. I seriously think that if we buy Messi, mbappe and Pogba we still won't win this shit.. we are cursed

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Blaming the coach fully is quite unfair too. Zidane inherited Modric CR7 Kroos Casemiro Asensio etc.
allegri never had the chance to have a team filled with quality from attack to defense. Just look at this season. CR7 comes in, Marchisio goes out. Now our midfield options sound horrendously mid-table:

- Pjanic
- Matuidi
- Bentancur
- Can
- Khedira

They look like a midfield for a team like Southampton.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Of course we can win the competition, but we need to find a way to bypass our shit midfield. Allegri got his tactics wildly off the mark tonight, and with MdS and a shit-form Sandro, we had no ability to move the ball forward to our attack. With Bentancur and Matuidi in midfield, we needed Cancelo 100% to support our attack. And in reality, best would have been subbing on Bernadeschi for one of our midfielders early too. We had no creativity on the pitch outside Dybala.

Allegri needs to find a way to get more players on the pitch who can create for Ronaldo and Mandzukic.

I have no doubt we'll play a better second leg. For some reason Allegri often gets his first leg tactics terribly wrong and only makes adjustments for the return. But I think it's very likely too little, too late.
Had Diego Costa not missed the sitter we would lost by bigger margin

Mar 10, 2009

This is exactly it, but the problem is, is that he doesn't learn. Even after he makes these mistakes he doesn't change things until he ensures that he gives the opposition a head start first,

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
In addition to mediocre midfield now we've got to admit another problem - the best CBs in the squad are getting less and less reliable as a monolith unit. Of course, it's partially due to the load they have to carry due to nonexistent midfield, but it seems like there's something wrong with them besides this. Even Giorgio looks unfocused.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Once we are out, the season will be a failure. I don't care if we win Serie A by setting a new points total, or having a 20 point advantage over 2nd placed Napoli. That means fuck all.

A season where we were supposed to dominate ends up being the one where we win the least amount of trophies and exit Europe with a whimper is a massive failure.

Allegri can leave and take that garbage midfield with him.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
I've always thought and still think that Allegri is one of the best cSincroach in the world, but tonight he's been eaten alive by Simeone. Since Tottenham he messed up too many games.
Our board made a big investement buying Ronaldo and at the moment we did worse than last years (out in Coppa Italia). I hope he is able to do a miracle in the return otherwise it's time to say goodbye.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't think Simeone could have asked for a more favourable tactic from us. 3 strikers standing up the field offering no threat in behind. And we are happy to walk it up the pitch with a back 7 that gives away ball after ball.

I swear to god if you asked Simeone how he prefers his opponent to play he would pick an opponent to have 60% possession exclusively in midfield areas where they are likely to lose the ball and have Bonucci back defending counters.
Yeah, I wanna say Allegri got schooled by the best coach in the world - and Simeone did great - but it was a horrible setup by Allegri followed by poor in-game management.

Don't get the point of not committing FBs forward but defending with only 3 mids at the same time with two of the mids not being able to defend well and one of them with flu.

That setup did nothing for attack or defense. Lacked balance. And we kept trying to go through the middle (where they're strongest) and running into a brick wall in their third.

Said before, including at the start of the season: Our best formation is one with 2 CMs (Can-Matuidi for balance) and two wingers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)