[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (9 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, I wanna say Allegri got schooled by the best coach in the world - and Simeone did great - but it was a horrible setup by Allegri followed by poor in-game management.

Don't get the point of not committing FBs forward but defending with only 3 mids at the same time with two of the mids not being able to defend well and one of them with flu.

That setup did nothing for attack or defense. Lacked balance. And we kept trying to go through the middle (where they're strongest) and running into a brick wall in their third.

Said before, including at the start of the season: Our best formation is one with 2 CMs (Can-Matuidi for balance) and two wingers.
And I forgot...Bonucci. :sergio: Idiot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's play 4-2-3-1 in the return leg. We have nothing to lose. No pussy mentality, no pussy tactics. Our midfield sucks anyway, so what's the point of putting in 3 pieces of shit instead of 2? Start Pjanic, if he actually feels like being a man, showing up, and playing football. Partner him with whoever; it doesn't matter anyway. Have Ronaldo, Dybala, and Berna lining up behind Mandzukic, and start with Cancelo and Spinazolla. I'd probably play Rugani instead of Bonucci as well.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:agree:

I'm waiting for the return leg to see what happens there, but if we go out in Rof16 to a decent, but by no means top class, Atletico. It's the end of the road. Time for some fresh blood. Break the bank on midfield, and a young defender like De Ligt, and bring in some new ideas for the bench.
We're getting Marcelo

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not to put salt in the wound, but I expected a lot more from you guys. It could have been 3, 4 or even 5-0, and I don't think that would've been unfair.

It's still doable in the return leg for you, but to score two on Atletico is hard as shit.
Our players fail to deliver on the big stage

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is exactly it, but the problem is, is that he doesn't learn. Even after he makes these mistakes he doesn't change things until he ensures that he gives the opposition a head start first,
Yeah. His first 3 years here, it rarely bit us, and we actually had good, or at least decent first leg results in the vast majority of our ties... Last year and this year though, his first leg tactics have been so passive and reactionary, and left us really chasing results in the return leg.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Remember when we hit a slump in 2016 and Allegri decided to play to our strength which is to utilize all attackers in a 4-2-3-1 formation? I hope this defeat is the moment that inspires him pleaseeee. With such mediocorr midfield, there really is no harm to give them up for attsckers.

----------------woj----------------
Canc--chie--bon----Alexsandro
------dybala-pja--berna----
DC-----------CR-----------mandz

Dybala is basically a midfielder these days. And Mandzukic and Berna will provide the engine to win balls back.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Last games from Atletico?
Rayo - Atleti 0-1
Atleti - Real 1-3
Betis - Atleti 1-0

Game vs the Juventus allmighty, the record breaking champion of Italy was a nice break from tough games for them.

But hey, no-one saw it coming yeah? Was hard to predict in winter that we are short in midfield.
We were ok with shit games is Serie A cause there's no rival there anyway and winning it is like winning olympics for disabled. But instead of actually using this advantage to prepare better for CL we do the same shit in Europe as well. What did we intend to do in Madrid? Keep 0-0? What for, it's a fucking better result for Atletico anyway.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Simeone was brave and went attacking with his changes of Correa and Lemar.

We sat on our hands and invited them on to us. You need to be brave in Europe.

We're getting Marcelo
Excellent, he can sit on the bench with Cancelo whilst we go for more defensive options.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
I don't think I can watch the return match... I can't take this anymore.. I seriously think that if we buy Messi, mbappe and Pogba we still won't win this shit.. we are cursed
It is not a curse, is a mentality problem.
We play like pussies and expect to win???

And that our midfield is bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)