[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 10, 2009
Last games from Atletico?
Rayo - Atleti 0-1
Atleti - Real 1-3
Betis - Atleti 1-0

Game vs the Juventus allmighty, the record breaking champion of Italy was a nice break from tough games for them.

But hey, no-one saw it coming yeah? Was hard to predict in winter that we are short in midfield.
We were ok with shit games is Serie A cause there's no rival there anyway and winning it is like winning olympics for disabled. But instead of actually using this advantage to prepare better for CL we do the same shit in Europe as well. What did we intend to do in Madrid? Keep 0-0? What for, it's a fucking better result for Atletico anyway.

That's because Serie A being weak is not a blessing. Our players look lazy when they are put to the sword. Part of this mess is due to the lack of competition n Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What I don't understand is how can a team not show up for their most important game of the season? Where is the motivation? Where is the hunger? Where is the desire? Atletico were faster, hungrier, sharper, just better overall. This is as much on Allegri as it is on the players tbh. Why were the players so deflated and demotivated? How can you lack motivation in the one competition you're supposed to try and conquer after so many close calls?

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Let's not forget the fact that bonucci is responsible for that second goal. What a pussy for lying on the floor like that when he could have blocked the shot standing. Idiot

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We're getting Marcelo
Would hate this. A lot. An overweight, declining FB.

He'd be an improvement on Sandro, but not at all what I want.

I hope Spinazzola takes over the starting spot on that flank, he's got so much more energy and drive than current Sandro. Keep Sandro for rotation or sell him and buy a cheap young backup to Spina... and use the money to upgrade our CMs and our CB depth.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Our players fail to deliver on the big stage
You been in two CL finals in the last 4 years, that's not like not delivering on the biggest stage - but I think you have to look around for a new manager.

Allegri seems to be done in Juventus, he's a great manager, but I don't think he can take you the last step. Also your midfield seems to be the weakest point like many already point out.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not about bad CL luck. Tonight we were incredibly lucky with Costa, Griezmann and then Morata. That was actually the kind of luck CL winning teams have in the knockouts. The fact that we didn't try to adapt, change things and win the match on the wings of those lucky moments, has nothing to do with "bad CL luck". Our coach was outplayed tonight and some of our players were way below the level they played at.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
What I don't understand is how can a team not show up for their most important game of the season? Where is the motivation? Where is the hunger? Where is the desire? Atletico were faster, hungrier, sharper, just better overall. This is as much on Allegri as it is on the players tbh. Why were the players so deflated and demotivated? How can you lack motivation in the one competition you're supposed to try and conquer after so many close calls?
This is why you have to play every game with intensity and not rely on individual to bail you out time and time again like Allegri is used to in the league

The warning signs have been there for a long time and people just ignore them because we win most of our matches in the league due to having superior players to everyone else

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's not about bad CL luck. Tonight we were incredibly lucky with Costa, Griezmann and then Morata. That was actually the kind of luck CL winning teams have in the knockouts. The fact that we didn't try to adapt, change things and win the match on the wings of those lucky moments, has nothing to do with "bad CL luck". Our coach was outplayed tonight and some of our players were way below the level they played at.
It's never about luck in the CL, it is all about BALLS

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Take a look at our squad.

Ask yourself where are we strongest and where are we weak?

Why then build your formation around your weak area (midfield) and not your strength (attack)? We have some excellent attackers in Mandzukic, Ronaldo, Dybala, Bernadeschi, even Cancelo if you want to use him on the wing and have MDS for added protection at the back.

I think we should try 4-2-3-1 as much as possible before the second leg.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They play shit all season, what overnight??
They may play shit, but they aint shit. However there mentality is shit. We ain't made for big games. Maybe we thought we have a Goat so it won't be difficult tonight because we always pull something out of our ass.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)