[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Second half got worse and worse as it went on, we didn't show any real intention to truly look like scoring, and it ended up a really poor result. It showed the age-old issue of our mentality when things require a bit of adventure of variation.

I'm sure we'll give it a good go in the second leg but you play a bad 45 mins and you're out, I don't understand why our players continually think they can just go into a comfort mode and anything else is going to happen. Atletico are the one team you can't keep giving dangerous set pieces to, and we'll see they are the worst to try to chase two goals back from.

I'm still ready.

Let's have a CR7 goal early in the second leg, it'll need to be a performance almost as good as that one last season in the Bernabeu.

Man, fuck this competition. I don't think coasting the league helps at all either, we've come into a cauldron having spent 5 months in tepid water.
The game was there to be taken though , we just never really turned it up a notch
Didn't put them under pressure consistently

If we go out now I dont see how Allegri keeps his job, its very lucky we have such a lead in the league because I can definitely see motivation lacking

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
pjanic: decent
bentancur: invisible
matuidi: bentancur

koke: monster
partey: good
rodri: a giant, visible from the moon
niguez: meh today for his standards, still better than our mids

that was the mail difference today. keep pjanic, sell the rest, and get some proper midfielders finally.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We played right into their hands. They played and won tens of matches like this one in CL, when they leave you possession and hit you on a counter or wait for a set piece. We didn't stand a chance.
Though, after those Costa and Griezmann chances, or after Morata's disallowed goals, it's disappointing that we kept playing the same way. Fair result and we deserved what we got. As a fan I'm glad it wasn't a 4:0, but it would have been a deserved result.
You agree that this one is down though? It's hard enough to score against Atleti and not concede, let alone go and win 3 - 0

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Second half got worse and worse as it went on, we didn't show any real intention to truly look like scoring, and it ended up a really poor result. It showed the age-old issue of our mentality when things require a bit of adventure of variation.

I'm sure we'll give it a good go in the second leg but you play a bad 45 mins and you're out, I don't understand why our players continually think they can just go into a comfort mode and anything else is going to happen. Atletico are the one team you can't keep giving dangerous set pieces to, and we'll see they are the worst to try to chase two goals back from.

I'm still ready.

Let's have a CR7 goal early in the second leg, it'll need to be a performance almost as good as that one last season in the Bernabeu.

Man, fuck this competition. I don't think coasting the league helps at all either, we've come into a cauldron having spent 5 months in tepid water.
The return match will end 2-2 and people will say we left the tournament with our heads high and say stuff like it was never easy against Atletico. But no one will mention that we did not show up and we were scared to death with our mentality and pussy tactics. No one!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Juventus in the Cl

Manager: ‘We must score an away goal’

Team: ‘Yes boss, how do you want us to play?’

Manager: ‘Let’s keep the ball in midfield and switch from side to side, eventually pass the ball backwards as well to keep the centrebacks awake, the opposition will tire in no time.’

Team: ‘OK - if we concede what shall we do?’

Manager: ‘Do the same but panic a bit more’

Team: ‘OK boss you’ve got it’

Shambles

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The game was there to be taken though , we just never really turned it up a notch
Didn't put them under pressure consistently

If we go out now I dont see how Allegri keeps his job, its very lucky we have such a lead in the league because I can definitely see motivation lacking
Atletico aren't even that great and didn't need to play that great, all their stuff was percentage football + a bit of flair from Griezmann. They also haven't been that sharp lately. So yeah, shadow Juve turn up and they step up a level. We're just so naive, idiot team.

Mar 10, 2009
Its not over yet guys. This is typical Allegri Juve. We tend to make it hard on ourselves lol. Its a slim chance, but our history tells us it aint over yet.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Not the players fault. I believe our players have qualities but they have been used incorrectly. MDS and Matuidi are for subs when we are winning 2-0.

Honestly we are loaded in attacking quality, we have long shots takers and heading experts. Why did allegri not try to put Berna and Mandzukic in midfield?! Or just play with four attackers. Why is cancelo not starting?!

We are not playing to our strength at all this season. If our midfielders are technically inadequate, just okay berna or mandzukic in midfield! Their energy output is equivalent to midfield engines.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Allegri won’t survive this. Zidane will replace him but it won’t matter unless they invest in the midfield. Not one world class player among the group.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What you all expect with a midfield we have. All this side to side passing. Awful. Atletico deserves to cain us tonight. We were dreadful. Clueless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)