[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2006
Stephan said:
it might sound funny but i think we should be afraid of bergkamp also. the man is old, but he still knows how to score, and i remember in groupstage when he scored a very late goal(92minute), so we need to defend well.
No you shouldn't be worried at all. I hope I wont see Dennis today. He's 37 or 38, and past it - with all respect, but that's a fact. He has been injured all season long and I honestly can't see him starting or even playing tonite.

Mar 17, 2006
Primo said:
Oh what good news of Campbell and Ljunberg's injury.

That leaves them with no solid defender. I was looking forward to Zambrotte guarding Ljundberg though, would'be been a great match-up.
Sol is perhaps my fav player, but we've been playing without him most part of the season. Kolo Toure is the main man in our defence. Ask any Arsenal fan and they say he's the best defender in the premiership, or at least one of the best. He just doesn't get the credit because he's not English. Toure has been the most consistent performer this season along with Lehmann

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Maresca said:
because DP was not able to train for one week, it is careless to let him start a game after one week without training.. and this was not the first time capello is doing that..

it's not only Cap's decision.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
IMO Trezz is THE most important striker we have currently if theres 2 be any hope of succeeding.
I however agree that DP should'nt have started that Roma game but it's one of those things I guess - coz if he'd finished the whole game, we'd be saying he at least got game time to prepare for the game but I guess that aint what happened is it now?

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Okay guys, I'm setting off for the match now..let's hope I come back in high spirits and not with a scowl on my face as I did after the first leg in Werder.
We are the masters of our own destiny! Tim Weise worked his ASS off to get us this far, let's not let him down now ( :D )..Forza ragazzi! Vinci per noi!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Wenger Regrets Missing Out On Zlatan

Arsene Wenger admits he regrets not signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he had a trial with the Gunners at the age of 16.
The Juventus star comes face-to-face with the Gunners tonight as the two sides clash in the Champions League.

"He was here at 16 but he chose to go to Ajax, which was a big disappointment because I wanted to sign him as a youngster," said Wenger.

"I regret not being able to sign him very much because he is a very talented player and he has made a big reputation for himself within Europe as one of the best strikers of his type."

Capello Not Worried About Ibrahimovic’s Form

The Swedish player seems to have lost his scoring touch.
Fabio Capello is not worried at all about Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s current form ahead of tonight’s Champions League clash against Arsenal.

“I would be very satisfied with a striker who moves a lot and sacrifices himself like he does, then the goals will arrive.

“He was also unlucky, an unfortunate year, when he shoots well, either he hits the post or an opponent or the goalkeeper."

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Zlatan said:
it's not only Cap's decision.
that´s right, but he is the coach and has the final decision. When I was a coach and knew that we have so many important matches, I was never gonna let an unfit player play in a match 2 day´s before the most important match of the season..

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Maresca said:
that´s right, but he is the coach and has the final decision. When I was a coach and knew that we have so many important matches, I was never gonna let an unfit player play in a match 2 day´s before the most important match of the season..
Thats what happened when barca played malaga , ronaldenio was rested to play in benifica and real games this week

Sep 28, 2002
what bollocks. del piero needed to gain match fitness for arsenal game. whats the point of having him fit for arsenal game if he hadnt touched the ball for 10 days? he needed to play and was unlucky to get injured.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Maresca said:

Leave The don alone....if it wasent for him this season and his decisions DP wouldnt have been in this amazing form.....The don and DP have a special relationship they both know whats the best for them and the team....hopefully DP can come back even better than before...:agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Can we for once support our team, coach and staff ahead of our
biggest game of the season?

Let the bashing start after the game is over!!!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
m_elayyan said:
we support Juve and we dont bash any player or coach
The last pages were all criticizing Capello's decision on playing DP against Roma, criticizing the medical staff, and of course bashing Zlatan, but the latter deserves that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)