[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
im not worried about any outfield players of arsenal..im just worried their GK Lehman will be on form like he is for almost the whole season. I think arsenal can still be a force b'cos Lehman is saving the hell out of them..it's like he is carrying the whole team's defence burdens..

and given that our offence is not the best at times, im worried he will do a "Tim Wiese" minus the blunder..:confused:

Mar 6, 2005
sH][x][aN said:
im not worried about any outfield players of arsenal..im just worried their GK Lehman will be on form like he is for almost the whole season. I think arsenal can still be a force b'cos Lehman is saving the hell out of them..it's like he is carrying the whole team's defence burdens..

and given that our offence is not the best at times, im worried he will do a "Tim Wiese" minus the blunder..:confused:
Dude... it's Lehmann, ffs! You can relax on that aspect :D

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Nawaf said:
Dude... it's Lehmann, ffs! You can relax on that aspect :D

haha..i tot he was a joke last time..BUT..seriously, recently or i can say this season, he is really very good for Arsenal..i saw their games..they are lucky to have him on form..

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
sateeh said:
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHa

am really sorryy but i laughed and laughed when read that....
I do not understand what's so humourous. Hleb is a fantastic player, very experienced for his age and also a team player more than anything else. I wouldn't compare him with Zidane because their playing styles are quite different, but that doesn't stop Hleb from reaching the top 10 in the world soon.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits telling Patrick Vieira he was selling him to Juventus was one of the toughest things he's had to do.

Wenger told L'Equipe: "It is always difficult to tell a player he is no longer wanted when you have been in battle together and given everything together.

"It is warrior-like language but it is like that. Separating from a player, it is telling him he is no longer strong enough. He often feels it is a betrayal. No player understands when he is no longer strong enough. When I was a player-manager at the age of 32, I said to one of my directors: 'The day you think I am too old, come and tell me straight after the match'.

"One day, when I was 32 and a half, he said to me: 'Arsene you are too old'.

"I never played again because I trusted his judgement. You cannot fool yourself that you can judge yourself.

"I have learned to tell my players in the most frank way possible, even if they don't accept it.

"Some refuse to accept my judgement, but they accept the verdict because they know the level of honesty of their coach."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading this article I kinda cleared up my misplaced peception of Vieira's sale.
Did he really leave coz of tryin 2 enhance his career or was he simply not need any more ?
If the latter ( which I hope it is), he should be even more fired up for the 2 games.
If so, he also uses the "I have a better chance at winning the CL with Juve" to save face..

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
In a man-marking/targeting kinda scenario, I would think of :
- Emo vs Gilberto
- Vieira vs Cesc
- Zambrotta vs Henry
- Chiellini vs Hleb
- Thuram vs Reyes
- Canna vs Ljunberg

I dont think Balza should start coz of the lack of experience + he's not as "rough" as Giorgio, which we need against a guy like Hleb. The potential stumbling block would however b Thuram vs Reyes coz the kid is so fast - he'll have to be very tactical bout his approach. Our defenders would have 2 be very careful about the Arsenal attack coz they are all 'drifters' so getting sucked out could be a possiblity

P.S I strongly dislike J.A Reyes coz I think he's a diver by proffession. I rate him 1st amongst my top 5 all-time divers:
1) Reyes
2) Robben
3) Inzaghi
4) Ravanneli
5) C.Ronaldo

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Brixity said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits telling Patrick Vieira he was selling him to Juventus was one of the toughest things he's had to do.

Wenger told L'Equipe: "It is always difficult to tell a player he is no longer wanted when you have been in battle together and given everything together.

"It is warrior-like language but it is like that. Separating from a player, it is telling him he is no longer strong enough. He often feels it is a betrayal. No player understands when he is no longer strong enough. When I was a player-manager at the age of 32, I said to one of my directors: 'The day you think I am too old, come and tell me straight after the match'.

"One day, when I was 32 and a half, he said to me: 'Arsene you are too old'.

"I never played again because I trusted his judgement. You cannot fool yourself that you can judge yourself.

"I have learned to tell my players in the most frank way possible, even if they don't accept it.

"Some refuse to accept my judgement, but they accept the verdict because they know the level of honesty of their coach."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading this article I kinda cleared up my misplaced peception of Vieira's sale.
Did he really leave coz of tryin 2 enhance his career or was he simply not need any more ?
If the latter ( which I hope it is), he should be even more fired up for the 2 games.
If so, he also uses the "I have a better chance at winning the CL with Juve" to save face..
Interesting this...I think Vieira was a huge flop this season. He started well. He was good in the pre-season matches. But I think he's getting weaker and weaker and he moves too slow. What do you think??

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Diego said:
Interesting this...I think Vieira was a huge flop this season. He started well. He was good in the pre-season matches. But I think he's getting weaker and weaker and he moves too slow. What do you think??
I would'nt say flop but I've been dissapointed by quite a few of his performances. He shows shades of his old self sometimes then dissappears into the abyss....
At Juve, he's seemed 2 be less instrumental than at Arse.
It's like he's now more workman-like, doing the unseen, unappreciated dirty work and I think this is why our central midfield is slow and quite un-creative

Toodles

Mar 24, 2006
Brixity said:
P.S I strongly dislike J.A Reyes coz I think he's a diver by proffession. I rate him 1st amongst my top 5 all-time divers:
1) Reyes
2) Robben
3) Inzaghi
4) Ravanneli
5) C.Ronaldo
I saw Nedved take an absolutely ridiculous dive the other week. Mop head.

And Hleb is a fantastic player. Laugh at him all you want, I hope he tears Juventus a new one.

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Brixity said:
In a man-marking/targeting kinda scenario, I would think of :
- Emo vs Gilberto
- Vieira vs Cesc
- Zambrotta vs Henry
- Chiellini vs Hleb
- Thuram vs Reyes
- Canna vs Ljunberg

I dont think Balza should start coz of the lack of experience + he's not as "rough" as Giorgio, which we need against a guy like Hleb. The potential stumbling block would however b Thuram vs Reyes coz the kid is so fast - he'll have to be very tactical bout his approach. Our defenders would have 2 be very careful about the Arsenal attack coz they are all 'drifters' so getting sucked out could be a possiblity

1) Reyes
2) Robben
3) Inzaghi
4) Ravanneli
5) C.Ronaldo
What about Drogba????? He has to be the number 1 diver this season.

This guy goes down like he's been shot by a sniper!

Toodles

Mar 24, 2006
I don't know, I don't follow Italian football.

I flicked on Bravo about 4 weeks ago I think and basically there was little contact on him if any at all and he went down like he had been shot.

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Toodles said:
I don't know, I don't follow Italian football.

I flicked on Bravo about 4 weeks ago I think and basically there was little contact on him if any at all and he went down like he had been shot.
No problem.

IMHO, Hleb ATM is only a good player with potential. From what I've seen of him he gives the ball away too much and tries the hollywood pass too often.

Toodles

Mar 24, 2006
He does give the ball away alot yes, although not as much just recently.

Often though I find it's his team mates aren't on the same wave-length as Hleb, rather than it being Hleb's fault.

We'll see the best of him next season I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)