[CL] Ajax FC - Juventus FC (1 Viewer)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
have got a Ticket for the game Bayern Juve,
I was a great game yesterday from juve, it is not easy to win againt ajax.. but we need RB defender, I have not seen zebina yet.. I hope he is better than Brindeli.
Well, I think Roma deserve a heavy Punishment.... Every time the same

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
are gonna win it,
I saw Bayern this season, they can not play football.. If Juve play the same as yesterday, than it is gonna be a very nice evining for juve :cheesy:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
I AM SHIT SCARED OF BAYERN .. i really want us to beat them on their ground we ll have 1 foot in da second round
No need to worry. Bayern had their worst season in years last season. They have very good players, but they just can't seem to work as a team. I really feel sorry for Ballack, he's a really good player, but with both club and country he is playing alone most of the time.

And even in the unfortunate event of a loss, we'll probably still make the second round.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,146
    Sorry, I won't bother to read through all the pages.

As many know I was in the arena to watch the game and it was excellent. Everything, from the warm-up to the end of the game. EXCELLENT night. EVerything Is so different from watching it in on the TV.

I also bough me an Emerson shirt, Which i'm wearing at the moment.

Here are my grades, which could be surprising:

Buffon 6.5: Ajax never really penetrated our defence properly but Buffon really seemed on top of his game or maybe I just enjoyed his warm-up :).

Birindelli 5.5 : Didn't make any mistakes but didn't play outstanding as well. Didn't look threatening at ALL. Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait to see Zebina again!

Zambrotta: 7- : Solid at the back, Great runs and combinations with DP and Nedved. Always looking for the run and the 1-2. Rambo was a bit unlucky with his crosses, but that'll come good again. Which impressed me the most though (which you are able to see especially in a stadium) was his positioning both offensively (he was always available to get the ball) and defensively (always covering his man or on time for the off-side trap, Sonck must've been offside for about 40 times yesterday).

Cannavaro: 6.5. Looked Solid. Really good leadership in defence, good game and never let his man go.

Thuram: 8.5 !: Oh my God! Has he ever been this good!? This guy was amazing! Pure defending at it's best! Perfect positining, great tackling (I remeber namely when Sonck broke through and Thuram made a perfect tackle from behind on the balll), excellent composure, great reading well alll in all SHIT HE WAS GOOD! If Thuram keeps up this form, he might guide us to titles based on our defence!
    I critized Thuram a lot last season, but now... FORZA Thuram!

Emerson 6.5: Played a bit in the role of the ball-winner which he did good and he also distributed the ball well. A few nice combinations. He had a few moments in the game where he faded a bit away, but overall he was very solid.

Blasi 5.5: Against Brescia I thought he was amazing, not yesterday though. Emerson did Blasi's job and more. Blasi didn't really have much to add to the play but marking a player. He played solid and fought for each and every ball that was near him, but I he needs to improve a bit.

Camoranesi 5.5: Had some good moments and improved dramatically in the second half but he had a lot mistakes in the first half and lost a lot of balls. Our right side lacked penetration and didn't look dangerous at all throughout the match.
    Had some good moments in the second half and a (lucky) assist which saves his grade a bit.

Nedved 7.5: He was obviously the main engine of our team, created almost every attack. Great dribbles and runs good work and kept on running and even tackling. We needed his work though on the left because there was no threat from the right side at all, opposed to the big threat on the left side (Rambo, Nedved, DP). Nedved truly played in a free role, drifting in all the time, leaving room for Zambrotta to cut in.
    Ajax (the audiance and the players) really hated Nedved's guts though alll the jeering and frustrating tackles made Nedved frustrated himself, which could've lead to a second yellow card(tackle on de Jong, but the ref did not see it). It lead to a goal though, shame about his injury because Olivera was about to come in for Camo not for Nedved.

Del Piero 6.5: Really showed his class and skills yesterday. Excellent pass which led to the goal and some excellent dribbles. All his moves lacked a certain effectiveness though and as the game wore on he sometimes stayed too long on the ball, namely once: neglecting which could've been an excellent combination with Emerson. So all in all a good performance, but he needs to do a bit more with his skills and at the right times.

Zlatan: 5.5: Slightly dissapointing, but Capello refused to sub him so he must've done something right. So I did not give him an even lower grade. Looked threating at times and was very strong on the ball. Good jesture from the crowd which gave him a standing ovation instead of wistling.

SUBS(I won't grade the subs, but i;ll report on them):
    Olivera: --: GREAT GREAT GREAT Player! He is a mixture of Nedved(great shot, runs, passing, strength reads the game excellent and can be an engine)and south american flair player(dribbling and playmaking). I really hope Olivera will start on the right the next game because him and NEdved on the flanks would be so ****ing amazing. He would add so much more to our game than Camoranesi. Oli and Zebina would be so much better than Camo and Biri.
    Oh and I'm now 100% sure ( I was right :D) that Olivera is right footed, he takes freekicks and corners with his right foot.
    ..What a future star!

Pessotto: The same as Birindelli really......

Appiah: Ideal sub, when Ajax was getting the upperhand his running and persitance really screws up the opposing teams rythm. He did a good job disturbing attack and distributing the ball.
    --------------

That was all :).

Any comments ?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Will I ever be so lucky? To watch Juventus without a TV?

Player ratings and reviews are right on! I've seen re runs of the game, more and more do I feel like Juve has already made the youth regeneration. Olivera's great!

And to think, Nedved has sworn he's only 60% fit, and Capello swears much improvement is still in the works.
    Forza Juve!

May 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
    Will I ever be so lucky? To watch Juventus without a TV?

Player ratings and reviews are right on! I've seen re runs of the game, more and more do I feel like Juve has already made the youth regeneration. Olivera's great!

And to think, Nedved has sworn he's only 60% fit, and Capello swears much improvement is still in the works.
    Forza Juve!
    i would say you will get ur chance .. koz i live in da middle east .. ac ountry called uae.. and i watched juve live here its was juve vs world team .. which had batistuta and some other players .. dat was about a yr ago or so and they won dat much i think 4 - 2 great game.... buffon got a chorus from da crowd dat day he was happy koz we kept chanting his name since they were warming till da match strted .. so vonam if juvy came here sooner or later they ll come to indonesia you hope so otherwise.. you gotta go out of ur way a bit and catch their game wherever you can .. its da greatest experience you can have and it will be da best day of ur life .. if ur a juve fan ofcourse

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Not many people see the importance of Alex in the pitch (opening up defences, freeing up spaces and distributing the ball to whoever advances - mainly Zambrotta - who then goes one-on-one with another defender or simply has enough space to cross a dangerous ball in). Ofcourse, much more is expected from our captain, but I really think that whenever he get substituted (against Brescia as well as Ajax) our gameplan suddenly gets disrupted and become not as organized as before.

Hopefully, scoring a goal or two would make people appreciate his efforts more because most fans think that scoring goals is the gauge to a players importance in the pitch.
    I AGREE 100%

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    All DP needed last night was a goal. He worked hard, made some great passes, linked up well with Zambrotta down the left, and played a big part in the goal.
    he really worked hard , i like it !

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Dom' Nice to see you had fun. Watching on the box the atmosphere was electric, you mustve had fun.
    Agree about Appiah good move from the gaffer. Thuram was back to his old self. What a difference it makes when you play alongside a CB like Canna. I loved it when Buffon flicked the ball over VDV.OLE:cool:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Sounds spot on to me.
    I saw the entire game and IMO Del Piero played quite well. I think he wanted to control the game and therefore played slow at times. He did however turn and dribble past lots of Ajax players. So he showed he could be fast in his moves whenever he wanted to.

The way Ajax treated Nedved was a disgrace IMO. They were out to get him. And come on, it was a blatant foul on Nedved in the box. That he got a yellow card for complaining was just disgusting. He got taken down during the entire game and finally had to go off thanks to a mean foul of Sneijder. I even think it could have been a red card for Sneijder. That tackle was from behind and with bot feet so ...

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Sounds spot on to me.
    yeah, really spot on!!!

Beats me why there has been comments about the commentating!? Allthough I have to admit it's more about the fact that they kept praising Zlatan without any reason, like if they would say he didn't have a good game he would dig his head under the ground or something...

I don't want to get into a discussion about if DP was better 2-3 years ago or if he is hogging on the ball. I just react to the dubble standards shown
    yesterday, praising Zlatan when he is holding on the ball just to lose it by the next move and when DP gets the ball, keeps it and actually most of the time at least pass it so that we have the ball in the team he is being thrown with trash talk...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Not many people see the importance of Alex in the pitch (opening up defences, freeing up spaces and distributing the ball to whoever advances - mainly Zambrotta - who then goes one-on-one with another defender or simply has enough space to cross a dangerous ball in). Ofcourse, much more is expected from our captain, but I really think that whenever he get substituted (against Brescia as well as Ajax) our gameplan suddenly gets disrupted and become not as organized as before.

Hopefully, scoring a goal or two would make people appreciate his efforts more because most fans think that scoring goals is the gauge to a players importance in the pitch.
    Just a fact and not an anti-DP comment: of course our gameplan changed and everything looked different, we did sent Appiah instead of him, so it has nothign to do with DP not being ON the pitch :rolleyes:

Anyway, a solid performance. Our attack was very poor yesterday, since midfield was more unefficiant than anything else. What do we have to do to get rid of Camoranesi from the first line-up is beyond me, but it's getting frustrating to watch him and I pray to lord everytime I suspect that the ball will go in his direction. He lost or mis-passed the ball EVERYTIME he got the ball. Enough is enough, bring on Olivera!

I'm glad the partnership with Canna and Thuram works. Together with Buffon they are the three musketeers from the Parma days :D The defence will look even better next time when Zebina will be allowed to play again in the uefa games.

This are quite big 3 points, but we have to get better still.

Ohh and it was surprizing to see that Ajax players played a harsh game on Nedved and not on Zlatan like it was rumoured before the game. It looked ugly at times.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    Sorry, I won't bother to read through all the pages.

As many know I was in the arena to watch the game and it was excellent. Everything, from the warm-up to the end of the game. EXCELLENT night. EVerything Is so different from watching it in on the TV.

I also bough me an Emerson shirt, Which i'm wearing at the moment.

Here are my grades, which could be surprising:

Buffon 6.5: Ajax never really penetrated our defence properly but Buffon really seemed on top of his game or maybe I just enjoyed his warm-up :).

Birindelli 5.5 : Didn't make any mistakes but didn't play outstanding as well. Didn't look threatening at ALL. Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait to see Zebina again!

Zambrotta: 7- : Solid at the back, Great runs and combinations with DP and Nedved. Always looking for the run and the 1-2. Rambo was a bit unlucky with his crosses, but that'll come good again. Which impressed me the most though (which you are able to see especially in a stadium) was his positioning both offensively (he was always available to get the ball) and defensively (always covering his man or on time for the off-side trap, Sonck must've been offside for about 40 times yesterday).

Cannavaro: 6.5. Looked Solid. Really good leadership in defence, good game and never let his man go.

Thuram: 8.5 !: Oh my God! Has he ever been this good!? This guy was amazing! Pure defending at it's best! Perfect positining, great tackling (I remeber namely when Sonck broke through and Thuram made a perfect tackle from behind on the balll), excellent composure, great reading well alll in all SHIT HE WAS GOOD! If Thuram keeps up this form, he might guide us to titles based on our defence!
    I critized Thuram a lot last season, but now... FORZA Thuram!

Emerson 6.5: Played a bit in the role of the ball-winner which he did good and he also distributed the ball well. A few nice combinations. He had a few moments in the game where he faded a bit away, but overall he was very solid.

Blasi 5.5: Against Brescia I thought he was amazing, not yesterday though. Emerson did Blasi's job and more. Blasi didn't really have much to add to the play but marking a player. He played solid and fought for each and every ball that was near him, but I he needs to improve a bit.

Camoranesi 5.5: Had some good moments and improved dramatically in the second half but he had a lot mistakes in the first half and lost a lot of balls. Our right side lacked penetration and didn't look dangerous at all throughout the match.
    Had some good moments in the second half and a (lucky) assist which saves his grade a bit.

Nedved 7.5: He was obviously the main engine of our team, created almost every attack. Great dribbles and runs good work and kept on running and even tackling. We needed his work though on the left because there was no threat from the right side at all, opposed to the big threat on the left side (Rambo, Nedved, DP). Nedved truly played in a free role, drifting in all the time, leaving room for Zambrotta to cut in.
    Ajax (the audiance and the players) really hated Nedved's guts though alll the jeering and frustrating tackles made Nedved frustrated himself, which could've lead to a second yellow card(tackle on de Jong, but the ref did not see it). It lead to a goal though, shame about his injury because Olivera was about to come in for Camo not for Nedved.

Del Piero 6.5: Really showed his class and skills yesterday. Excellent pass which led to the goal and some excellent dribbles. All his moves lacked a certain effectiveness though and as the game wore on he sometimes stayed too long on the ball, namely once: neglecting which could've been an excellent combination with Emerson. So all in all a good performance, but he needs to do a bit more with his skills and at the right times.

Zlatan: 5.5: Slightly dissapointing, but Capello refused to sub him so he must've done something right. So I did not give him an even lower grade. Looked threating at times and was very strong on the ball. Good jesture from the crowd which gave him a standing ovation instead of wistling.

SUBS(I won't grade the subs, but i;ll report on them):
    Olivera: --: GREAT GREAT GREAT Player! He is a mixture of Nedved(great shot, runs, passing, strength reads the game excellent and can be an engine)and south american flair player(dribbling and playmaking). I really hope Olivera will start on the right the next game because him and NEdved on the flanks would be so ****ing amazing. He would add so much more to our game than Camoranesi. Oli and Zebina would be so much better than Camo and Biri.
    Oh and I'm now 100% sure ( I was right :D) that Olivera is right footed, he takes freekicks and corners with his right foot.
    ..What a future star!

Pessotto: The same as Birindelli really......

Appiah: Ideal sub, when Ajax was getting the upperhand his running and persitance really screws up the opposing teams rythm. He did a good job disturbing attack and distributing the ball.
    --------------

That was all :).

Any comments ?
    That's exactly the match i saw.

Agree 100% on the ratings,maybe i'd just give Blasi and Camo 6.

You must had a great time there don't you?:cool:

Congrats man.

Forza Juve!That's the best way we could start the season.

Win in the league,Win in the Cl,both away wins,in Cl against Ajax(not a weak team at all),clean sheets both games.

Beautifull.

And Zlatan?

It's his only second game guys,relax ppl...

And from what i heard Neddy is ok.

FORZA CAPELLO!!!!FORZA JUVE!!!

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,160
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

That's exactly the match i saw.

Agree 100% on the ratings,maybe i'd just give Blasi and Camo 6.

You must had a great time there don't you?:cool:

Congrats man.

Forza Juve!That's the best way we could start the season.

Win in the league,Win in the Cl,both away wins,in Cl against Ajax(not a weak team at all),clean sheets both games.

Beautifull.

And Zlatan?

It's his only second game guys,relax ppl...

And from what i heard Neddy is ok.

FORZA CAPELLO!!!!FORZA JUVE!!!
    Yeah maybe Blasi and Camo a 6. I just watched Nedved's goal again. What a shot and what a great move leading up to the goal:
    Incredible DP- pass (yup, he doesn't need to score to be good) and Camoranesi did the only impressive thing of the match holding the ball and controlling it with his backheel and passing it back to Nedved, great skill by Camoranesi as well.

Thanks man, yeah I had a great time.

Great start of the season so far, Let's hope we can keep it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)