Ciro Immobile (3 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Yeah, if that happens then it makes sense. Otherwise it's plain stupid.

But yeah, it seems we're so full of cash that we had to sell Ciro in order to fund the winger.

- - - Updated - - -

And we signed Matri for 17. Epic.
We buy a 26 year old one season wonder in january for 17, we sell a 24 year old one season wonder in june for 20. Fairly reasonable, I'd say. He hasn't demonstrated anything near what Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Alexis Sanchez or other pricier attackers have done. Anything above 25 m would have been a very big gamble for any club.

Matri did very well for us initially, and so did Quagliarella. Immobile could have done just as well, worse or better. Other, notable strikers who have looked excellent some seasons, reaching a valuation of 15m - 25 m, include Borriello, Osvaldo, Gilardino, Amauri, Floccari and Rolando Bianchi.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I think this is one of the best scenarios for Juventus.

1. He won't be a back up or rotation player to Llorente and Tevez. Because one bad season with us can really ruin his form and achievements so far.
2. If he performs well in Dortmund we will be more keen to try out some of our many other 22-23 years old co-owned players.
3. If he fails in Dortmund... Well, we'll have taken almost 10 mil. for a flop.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We buy a 26 year old one season wonder in january for 17, we sell a 24 year old one season wonder in june for 20. Fairly reasonable, I'd say. He hasn't demonstrated anything near what Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Alexis Sanchez or other pricier attackers have done. Anything above 25 m would have been a very big gamble for any club.

Matri did very well for us initially, and so did Quagliarella. Immobile could have done just as well, worse or better. Other, notable strikers who have looked excellent some seasons, reaching a valuation of 15m - 25 m, include Borriello, Osvaldo, Gilardino, Amauri, Floccari and Rolando Bianchi.
:tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Sanchez's best season at Udinese he provided 12 goals and 6 assists, btw, and he went for 37mln. Before that he scored 5 goals in a season. I'm not saying Immobile is the better player, but you make it sound like he has been terrorizing Italy like Cavani.

Top scorer for Serie A and younger than Matri, with much more potential. As for the second part, that is the worrying part, as Immobile showed a lot more than those, yet his price is similar (compared to Borriello and Amauri he's gonna eat 2.5mln less per year).

That's not even worst part. The worst part is that we're getting 9-10mln out of that, which is nothing but pathetic.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
After his season at Genoa, no one expected him to have a season like this.

And no one gave a fuck about selling his half, some even wanted to sell him outright for 10mln, but no we kept his half just in case and it worked.

Now, please tell me why would Torino play him every week if they didn't have any interest, or if we brought him back you really think he would come close to these numbers with Tevez - Llorente in front of him? Nope, we would be selling him this summer for 7-8mln to the likes of Parma.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
After his season at Genoa, no one expected him to have a season like this.

And no one gave a fuck about selling his half, some even wanted to sell him outright for 10mln, but no we kept his half just in case and it worked.

Now, please tell me why would Torino play him every week if they didn't have any interest, or if we brought him back you really think he would come close to these numbers with Tevez - Llorente in front of him? Nope, we would be selling him this summer for 7-8mln to the likes of Parma.
Because Torino is a mid table club and they'd field the best starting XI in order to qualify for Europe, not to make his price skyrocket for Juve's sake.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Sanchez's best season at Udinese he provided 12 goals and 6 assists, btw, and he went for 37mln. Before that he scored 5 goals in a season. I'm not saying Immobile is the better player, but you make it sound like he has been terrorizing Italy like Cavani.

Top scorer for Serie A and younger than Matri, with much more potential. As for the second part, that is the worrying part, as Immobile showed a lot more than those, yet his price is similar (compared to Borriello and Amauri he's gonna eat 2.5mln less per year).

That's not even worst part. The worst part is that we're getting 9-10mln out of that, which is nothing but pathetic.
Sanchez was a protagonist for Chile as well and was obviously valued at a higher price, especially when there were plenty of big clubs after him. Immobile is hardly as sought after, for good reason. He may become a huge success, but we've received more money for him than Tevez and Llorente cost - combined. You're rewriting history. Borriello and Amauri were excellent and carried Genoa and Palermo respectively. Osvaldo, who's demonstrated more in his career than Immobile, went to Southampton for approximately the same amount and flopped, both for them and us. Lamela, undeniably with tons of potential, went for big money and I'm pretty certain Roma are not mourning.

Signing players on supposed potential is risky. Giovinco was brilliant for Parma and we paid Immobile-like sums for his half. Was he worth it?

Look, you may be right or you may be wrong on whether selling Immobile was the right choice. Only time will tell. History shows us that selling him might be a good idea. We have a very good team and a striker is not top priority. There's also a small chance that he's the new Van Basten. Shall we bet on it?

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
I love when people say "we're cashing in". Yeah, that 9m will bring you...................Bonaventura.
that´s the wrong way to look at it. we don´t own immobile. we own half of him.
to use him we would have to pay torino ~10mio -> -10mio to our budget.
by selling him (our half that is) we gain ~10mio -> +10mio to our budget.
the difference between -10 and +10 isn´t 10, it´s 20.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sanchez was a protagonist for Chile as well and was obviously valued at a higher price, especially when there were plenty of big clubs after him. Immobile is hardly as sought after, for good reason. He may become a huge success, but we've received more money for him than Tevez and Llorente cost - combined. You're rewriting history. Borriello and Amauri were excellent and carried Genoa and Palermo respectively. Osvaldo, who's demonstrated more in his career than Immobile, went to Southampton for approximately the same amount and flopped, both for them and us. Lamela, undeniably with tons of potential, went for big money and I'm pretty certain Roma are not mourning.

Signing players on supposed potential is risky. Giovinco was brilliant for Parma and we paid Immobile-like sums for his half. Was he worth it?

Look, you may be right or you may be wrong on whether selling Immobile was the right choice. Only time will tell. History shows us that selling him might be a good idea. We have a very good team and a striker is not top priority. There's also a small chance that he's the new Van Basten. Shall we bet on it?
I wouldn't be complaining (this much) had we received the full amount of transfer, or just keep him if we're planning to continue with 3-5-2. If we decide to stick with 2 guys upfront and keep Osvaldo then we're retards.

Still, I know what you mean. Time will tell anyway.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

:tup:

I'm also thinking Juve were scared of another Giovinco situation with Immobile.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
technically we profited some 14 mil euro from immobile, if you factor in wages that we didnt pay that figure goes up to about 18 mil, not bad but i dont get why before WC, there must be some other element we are not aware of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)