Ciro Immobile (108 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Yep it was Conte who failed to get a proper striker and he was the one who co owned Immobile to Genoa and now they are twisting his hands demanding other players.

The fact that we are looking to sign Immobile as our saviour is pathetic.
There are many who would argue, reasonably so, that we won our champions league group, remain even after a shaky start to 2013 top of the league with a 3 point advantage over 2nd spot, we are presently missing our starting LWB, strongest CB and a major part of our world class midfield, with one of our two half decent strikers a way off full fitness...we could be doing a lot worse and appear in a wonderful position.

We don't need a saviour. we need to consolidate our position domestically, equit ourselves well against Celtic and beyond, make a solid stab at winning the coppa italia. With all our players fit and healthy and available, our starting XI is world class in defence, goalkeeping, central midfield, brilliantly robust on the defensive flanks, pretty good in terms of support strikers, but woeful in the prima punta/out and out natural born goalscorer measures.

We are trying to remedy that with Llorente for the Summer. We have enquired about Drogba...Enquired about Lisandro...two players who would surely improve our biggest failing (natural born trez like goalscoring ability), but both would be costly and may well jeopardize the llorente deal, for he will get surely 4-5m per annum???...

So, whilst we are top of the league, qualified with aplomb for the knockout phases of the champions league, into the next round of the cup, why not bring Immobile home??? His wages will be a pittance, his price 3-5m, or a swap of sorts with Padoin (i'd rather give them de ceglie + 1 or 2m), and he is not going to lose all his value however well or badly he does with us for the rest of the season. And its worth noting, that he scored 30 in 30 starts last season. Yes, in Serie B, but still...he proved that if given chances he will score goals. That can't be said of our present strikers...perhaps it could, of Quags, if he was given a 10-15 game run to find some consistency, but that won't happen...he crossed Conte and remains now and perhaps forever in purgatory. Probably sold in the near future...We have to be careful to not get dragged into some form of personality cult, with conte i mean...his charisma can be mesmerizing.

Anyway, Immobile was nothing short of exceptional last season. We create a lot of chances which are wasted. he has shown if given lots of chances he scores lots of goals. his form for club and country has been solid. genoa are in an awful state, creating very little, leaving Ciro just scraps to feast upon...

I hope he joins us.

Nov 17, 2012
perhaps it could, of Quags, if he was given a 10-15 game run to find some consistency, but that won't happen...he crossed Conte and remains now and perhaps forever in purgatory. Probably sold in the near future...We have to be careful to not get dragged into some form of personality cult, with conte i mean...his charisma can be mesmerizing.

Anyway, Immobile was nothing short of exceptional last season. We create a lot of chances which are wasted. he has shown if given lots of chances he scores lots of goals. his form for club and country has been solid. genoa are in an awful state, creating very little, leaving Ciro just scraps to feast upon...

I hope he joins us.
1. Quags IIRC hasn't run out 90 minutes all season, and I don't think he got a full game before his spat with Alessio (and thus being ostracised), if he did, he's played one maybe 2 full games at best. Other strikers, less deserving, have been given greater opportunity. Considering how fondly Quag has spoken of Juventus in the past, and a willingness to play out his days here, I think the club needs to show a little more love. 11 goals by mid-season merits him having a dozen match run of consistent playing time to see if he can deliver, we are simply squandering his ability to score goals.

2. I agree, Immobile isn't world class (at least not yet), but he is young and is a solid prospect given his form at Pescara last season (and he hasn't been to shabby with Genoa either). What do we seriously have to lose? Ship Bendtner back to Arsenal and bring in Ciro, simple as that!

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
People acting like as if co-ownership is a new phenomenon (and that it never happened in the Moggi era) :howler:
Until Italy allows B-sides to compete in lower leagues, co-ownership will always be around.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
People acting like as if co-ownership is a new phenomenon (and that it never happened in the Moggi era) :howler:
Until Italy allows B-sides to compete in lower leagues, co-ownership will always be around.
of big team being owned that hard, yes it is!
Never a talent's half contract, like Giovinco has rated all that low (3mil?), only to come back with x10 price (24mil?) a couple of years later, all the while we were unable to recall him from the loan and there was no clause on how high claims they could claim to give his half back...

Never before as big club like Juve was abused that much, as we do in the latest years.
We used to make profits from these deals, now, are buy back option for the half of a player we already onwed, became the biggest transfer of the season...
thats hard ownage there and we are always on the receiving part.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Or you could all just stop being gigantic drama queens.
Come on now, at least it's not drama based on rumours and hearsay.

Oh wait.

unfortunately for Genoa it is not entirely their decision to make
Right now, it is their decision to make.

of big team being owned that hard, yes it is!
Never a talent's half contract, like Giovinco has rated all that low (3mil?), only to come back with x10 price (24mil?) a couple of years later, all the while we were unable to recall him from the loan and there was no clause on how high claims they could claim to give his half back...

Never before as big club like Juve was abused that much, as we do in the latest years.
We used to make profits from these deals, now, are buy back option for the half of a player we already onwed, became the biggest transfer of the season...
thats hard ownage there and we are always on the receiving part.
You're confusing facts with, euhm, lies again.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
So Moggi was the reason we were relegated ? Wonder how you feel supporting a bunch of cheaters ?? Or did you just recently became a fan ??
cheesio, conte didn't want immobile yet after the pre season 2011 so it was for his best to get loaned out to pescara. He did great their and genoa wanted him to play in serie a this season so they got his half. I am sure Marotta and Conte believed that was the best for Ciro. He is no wc striker but he can do well at juve and I am sure in the summer they will try to get him back if they think he is needed.

Landing a wc striker is hard to do when you only have 8m to spend and max 4m as salary per season.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
cheesio, conte didn't want immobile yet after the pre season 2011 so it was for his best to get loaned out to pescara. He did great their and genoa wanted him to play in serie a this season so they got his half. I am sure Marotta and Conte believed that was the best for Ciro. He is no wc striker but he can do well at juve and I am sure in the summer they will try to get him back if they think he is needed..
I'm not co owning young players, heck i don't ever rate Immobile that much, i don't he'll be an ugrade even slightly over what we have, classic italian poacher that are so outdated right now. i was only disappointed with the fact than we are desperate enough to be looking to get a player we didn't want at the beginning of the season and failing to do so because Marotta holds no negociation power right now against teams like Genoa who are now using his incompetence and trying to get him to overpay.

Landing a wc striker is hard to do when you only have 8m to spend and max 4m as salary per season.
I'm not demanding a WC striker right now, Marottas failure summer after summer to land trezeguet replacement is what brought to this situation in the first place. And it doesn't have to be a WC striker it could be a market opportunity ( Lisandro, Drogba, Ba ...)

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
What's the situation right now with Immobile? At this point is he loaned to Genoa or Juve sold his 50%. If it's sold 50% why does he get to play for Genoa not Juve?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)