Ciro Immobile (319 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's a common misunderstanding that Genoa paid us €5 mill for Immobile, and we used that €5 mill to buy Padoin.
When one of these youngster come through and become a 30m player for us, no doubt the praise will fall on Conte and the way he incorporates young players into the team.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I'm not sure you can even buy back the 50% after 6 months, I assume this is a proposed loan swap deal. Genoa know that if he comes back here and scores some goals he'll be worth more, so even if they could sell the half for €5m they are playing stick or twist and might gamble for more.

If Genoa don't want to sell him inside two years then there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, until the blind auction.
Then the concept of this co-ownership fails if you ask me.. Genoa have the chance to add a 30+ goals serie b striker to their squad for a penny of just ~5m €. There must be tons of teams in the world who'd want this player!? Why would we pick a club such as Genoa to loan him to if they refuse to accept the fact that he is only available because he currently isn't seen as a first team player? I say this co-ownership is nonsense when we (the original owner) can't see any advantage in it when they are able to require ~11m € for him within the period of business?!?

Getting him back now (and we're talking about a prospect in the making only NOT A STAR PLAYER) seems impossible.. This will be the same with Boakye, Sørensen, Gabbiadini etc etc!?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How did we pay his salary exactly? His current club are paying his salary, and we got money out of the deal. What we're going to pay in return is a fee because they took a player in his freshman Serie A season and gave him playing time. A perfectly valid investment, like sending your children to a good school.

What makes you think we will lose the first spot? We had a significantly worse squad past season and what pulled us through that season was the physical preparedness of our players. Come February I expect us to do exactly the same we did last season, simply outrun all the other teams in Serie A.

I don't know how far we can go in CL, but do you focus on what we will potentially not achieve instead of celebrating the fact that we finished first in one of the tougher CHL groups?

There's the trohpy left to win.

No, we are now just in positions because it's January and not June.
We paid his salary by giving Genoa (in this case money to own half a player we already own. We sell half for cheap and pay lots more. Giovinco is a perfect example. Then I wonder why send my child to a good school when already I am a good school myself. Somehow strange decision there.

Our current form together with our absences makes me think so. We had an eight point lead, now it is three. We talked a lot of times how we need to increase the lead in January and February before the CL and the tough away games kick in.

Yes, it's good that we finished 1st in the CL group but that is still not a trophy.

And please let me not repeat what I have been saying about this team compared with last season, where is the balance? the grinta? the focus? We were dropping points last year but very rarely we played with nonchalance.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
“We don’t know how else to put this: Ciro Immobile is not on the market,” director of sport Rino Foschi declared.

“Nobody has ever talked about selling him. Immobile will remain a Genoa player.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 319)